FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nikalia

AMR Destro & Afflic Optimization

Should I be inputting a manual haste threshold of 13,737 and optimizing for Mastery PVE Destruction?

Or stick with 9,778 " " ? 

I play affliction and destruction interchangeably throughout the nights. Slightly more destruction. 

13.7K is really high for destro, if you're going to play both with the same set of gear just stick with 9778 (or 10124). 

You can still do well with 9778 as aff, if you want to go for 13.7K you'll either want to reforge or have another set of gear since BIS aff is only using the 2pc anyways.

I was similar to you in that I did aff for 6 fights and destro for 8 fights in heroics and just used the same set of gear. Now that we're technically on farm I'm starting to build up pieces for a partial change in gear for Aff with the spoils chest and IJ legs. Hopefully if it works out I'll be able to stick with 10124 haste with Destro, and then switch out for BBoY and a couple other pieces of gear to hit the 13.7K threshold for Aff without having to reforge. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Strife! You covered just about every point I wanted to know!! biggrin.png

*Runs off to AMR*

I also still need to get a purified bindings... we have it on heroic farm but have literally yet to see it drop, even w/ coining! Going to try to get an LFR or flex version.

Edited by Nikalia

Apologies for the redundancy of these clarifications but I head banged against some horrible mmo-champ and wow forum threads and am now mind fucked trying to set up my two sets of gear for afflic and destro.

What's the simple # value to shoot for to go into raid for destruction and also affliction, when you have a 5% haste raid buff & PBI 574? 

(Separate gear sets so desiring both)

I have a spriest in my group, thus providing a 5% haste buff. 

How much # wise is 5% haste?

what % is 12,660 haste?   -5% haste = desired value

what % is 9,330 haste?     -5% haste = desired value

The spreadsheets zagam posted have a % value rather than the # value so my little mind gets thrown off.  sad.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking @ the trinket PBI chart: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/1654-54-warlock-trinkets/

Afflic: 12659.33 haste personal I should get, then PBI will bring me to 13737.... BUT WHAT IF I HAS RAID HASTE BUFF? 

Destro: 9329.771 haste personal, then PBI will bring me to 10124.... BUT WHAT IF I HAS RAID HASTE BUFF? 

*takes off trinket, stands next to sporebat* I should get those pre-pbi #'s w/ the sporebat. This still doesn't tell me what # to have, just what % I get to....

what % is 12,660 haste?   -5% haste = desired value

what % is 9,330 haste?     -5% haste = desired value

@ lvl 90, 425 haste = 1% haste value
Edited by Nikalia

The 9778/10124/13737/etc. breakpoints are the haste ratings you need with the 5 percent haste buff.

To see for yourself go here then unclick 5 percent spell haste and watch the breakpoints change. Shoot for relevant numbers on the spreadsheet.

• Like 1

Oh thanks! That works great too! Just, doesn't factor in having PBI though. 

Or are you telling me that, the PBI trinket thread is including a 5% haste raid buff? 

Affliction 13737 Threshold

536 - 12963

548 - 12877

561 - 12774

567 - 12723

574 - 12660

580 - 12603

The 425 = 1% is all I needed to do it on my own! biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Affliction:

12,660 = pre-PBI (574) haste needed

12,660/425 = 29.79% haste, - a static 5% = 24.79% haste x 425 = 10,535 raw haste, before PBI and 5% raid buff. 

Am I far off for doing it on my own? biggrin.png

Destruction:

9,330 = pre-PBI (574) haste needed 

9,330/425 =21.95% haste, - a static 5% = 16.95% haste x 425 = 7,205 raw haste, before PBI and 5% raid buff.

My math is still off however because 5% haste buff isn't just adding 2125 haste, it's adding 5% of what you have......... and that's where I go crazy.

Edited by Nikalia

Making this far too difficult. Put your gear on, pick a breakpoint, plug it into AMR/Reforgelite, let it spit out reforges/regems. Don't focus on the amount of haste rating per 1 percent displayed haste.

The whole point of that spreadsheet is to say "okay, this is the haste rating I need with PBI on to get x number of Agony/UA/whatever ticks." 

I just wanted to know how to do it without addons; for the feel goods. 

1) Put PBI on

2) Get haste to the breakpoint

3) Cookies.

5 percent spell haste buff is not a static amount of haste since it's a multiplier.

5 percent spell haste buff is not a static amount of haste since it's a multiplier.

wait wut.... if it was a multiplier than at 30% haste you'd gain a whopping 1.5%

Edited by Calol

why would you all puzzle over things already talked of a thousand times:

Haste Buff is handled as a multiplier
you take the % as 1.xx and multiply it with 1.05

Let´s take Immolates Haste BP 10124, which equals 23.82 % haste (1.2382)
Multiply it with 1.05 and you end up with 30.01 % haste

Edit: PBI works through ratings, so you take your ratings without it and multiply them with 1.0x, where x is the exact scaling value for the iLvl of your PBI, found on various sites like wowhead and even under Zagam´s excellent post called Warlock Trinkets

Edited by check0790
  • Like 1

Wow.  There are some bad misconceptions about how Haste and PBI works.  Let me resolve them.

The spreadsheets zagam posted have a % value rather than the # value so my little mind gets thrown off.  sad.png

The chart with the trinket page assumes 5% raid Haste.  Raiding without it is just silly.

wait wut.... if it was a multiplier than at 30% haste you'd gain a whopping 1.5%

This is not how multipliers work.  If you're at 30% baseline Haste by yourself and you join a group with spell Haste, you don't just add 5% to your sheet Haste.

30% Haste = 1.3 Haste effect

5% Haste = 1.05 Haste effect

Haste effects are multplicative, so their effects are multiplied together.  1.3 * 1.05 = 1.365, or 36.5%.  Things get complicated with the Amplification because you have a base Haste effect which is then amplified by your PBI.  This value gives you another value to multiply your Haste by, but this is done at the ratings value, NOT the percentage value.  In other words, don't reforge without PBI on and then put PBI on.  Leave it on, adjust your values, and get the threshold you're looking for.

It is a static amount of haste. It simply adds 5%.

This is incorrect.  Read above.

Haste Buff is handled as a multiplier
you take the % as 1.xx and multiply it with 1.05

Let´s take Immolates Haste BP 10124, which equals 23.82 % haste (1.2382)
Multiply it with 1.05 and you end up with 30.01 % haste

Edit: PBI works through ratings, so you take your ratings without it and multiply them with 1.0x, where x is the exact scaling value for the iLvl of your PBI, found on various sites like wowhead and even under Zagam´s excellent post called Warlock Trinkets

This guy, he gets it.

• Like 1

Guest garmeth06

Well now I know, thanks.

Sigh I remember going through this the first time I played path of exile, half the stuff is static, half is multiplicative, bla bla bla.

Edited by garmeth06

Rule of Thumb - ratings are additive, percentages are multplicative. 

Haste has to be mulplicative because of the diminishing returns of gaining more Haste.  Each percentage of Haste you acquire is worth less than the previous percentage point if you ignore DoT tick thresholds.  The multplicity of Haste allows it to remain effective at higher levels than to hit too heavy DR.