FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Demon Hunter Changes

I don't know why they chose to nerf Blade Dance so hard. It wasn't like it was needed or even wanted, and your primary source of damage is Eye Beam anyway which they didn't change at all. This is changing a decent ability into a garbage ability. DHs already have such a limited toolkit, and now in addition to not getting any new additions, we're getting our existing abilities limited. Thanks.

Guest Mischief
On 5/7/2020 at 2:49 AM, Jorvalt said:

I don't know why they chose to nerf Blade Dance so hard. It wasn't like it was needed or even wanted, and your primary source of damage is Eye Beam anyway which they didn't change at all. This is changing a decent ability into a garbage ability. DHs already have such a limited toolkit, and now in addition to not getting any new additions, we're getting our existing abilities limited. Thanks.

I disagree (though i've not played the test server) 

With the addition of essence break tallent, your Blade dance deals additional 40% damage and increases the damage taken ny the target for 8 seconds after, if i remember correctly from what i read. 

Yes, the CD is almost doubled, but tallented, so is the damage and more so for the additional damage post animation. I feel that's better than 1second 100% dodge chance. In effect, 15 second spell CD with a 2 second animation and 8 second post damage effect, means it's only got a 5 second down time? 

maybe i'm looking at it wrong, but that's just my thoughts. 

The AoE cap for Blade Dance is being placed once the new xpac is released the cleave ability from Eye Beam is about the same as it is now in BFA.  However instead of a Bleed effect from Trail of Ruin now, in BFA, it's chaos dmg and you still can choose the First Blood Talent for a more single target approach or part of an initial burst rotation.  Keep in mind that our 'borrowed' power from Corrupted gear, Essences, and Azerite gear will be going away that actually can amplify the damage and reduced the time of Blade Dance aka the Revolving Blades Trait.

Edited by Ragingwolf

Guest SlickRick

I'm wondering if Fel Devastation synergizes with the venthyr covenant ability 'Sinful Brand'? The ability states that it applies an aoe to enemies in the area when you activate metamorphosis and at the end of Fel Devastation you activate metamorphosis for a few seconds. Just wondering if that will in turn activate the aoe of sinful brand. If so, that would be a massive aoe every 45 seconds when fel devastation refreshes.

Uncommon Patron
On 7/24/2020 at 10:02 AM, Guest SlickRick said:

I'm wondering if Fel Devastation synergizes with the venthyr covenant ability 'Sinful Brand'? The ability states that it applies an aoe to enemies in the area when you activate metamorphosis and at the end of Fel Devastation you activate metamorphosis for a few seconds. Just wondering if that will in turn activate the aoe of sinful brand. If so, that would be a massive aoe every 45 seconds when fel devastation refreshes.

So far from my playing, and research done elsewhere sinful brand is the ability you want either way... it's just timing and overlap that I've been playing with... largely i only use it on more powerful things.