FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Flying in Shadowlands

Hey, it looks like you guys have the BF part 2 achievement linked instead of the Legion one. To confirm, BFA part two will still be needed for Zandalar and Kul'Tiras or no? 

5 hours ago, Durran said:

Hey, it looks like you guys have the BF part 2 achievement linked instead of the Legion one. To confirm, BFA part two will still be needed for Zandalar and Kul'Tiras or no? 

Hey! Thanks for letting us know. I've submitted a fix to replace BfA Pathfinder with Legion Pathfinder that should go live soon. Yes, BFA Pathfinder is not going anywhere, it's the go-to expansion for new players, and only veterans will be able to pick a different expansion by talking to Chromie.

Guest Eirik

So we still have to grind to unlock something as basic as flying in Shadowlands? I cant stand this. Its flying! Why lock that behind a HUGE grind that many of us just dont have the ability to do. 

Make us grind for cool mounts and awesome gear and so on, but FLYING? Please dont!

Guest Saro

Does this mean despite earning the achievements for flying in bfa and legion, I will now be required to dish out a total of 500g for every character to fly there?  Yeesh I hope not, one of the reasons I went through that grind fest was "free" flight for every possible future character.

Guest Titan5837
On 8/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, Guest Saro said:

Does this mean despite earning the achievements for flying in bfa and legion, I will now be required to dish out a total of 500g for every character to fly there?  Yeesh I hope not, one of the reasons I went through that grind fest was "free" flight for every possible future character.

When I transfered my account on the shadowlands beta I didn't see an option to buy legion or WoD flying. So it seems to me that if you have the achievement you won't need to purchase

Guest Cmars87

What happens if I only have Artisan Flying, will it drop me down to the 150% speed?

Guest Bloodganon
On 9/5/2020 at 9:52 PM, Guest Cmars87 said:

What happens if I only have Artisan Flying, will it drop me down to the 150% speed?

Yes they will, that happened to me and i just bought artisan flying a day or 2 before the patch dropped and i lost like 5k gold. oh well.

Guest TheAngryIntern

The Flightmaster's Whistle thing makes no sense to me.  Why is the reasoning from Blizz that the zones are so far apart?  How does that in any way affect how the Whistle works?  You use it to go back to the closest FP after completing a WQ, that's literally the only way anyone uses it.  This was one of the dumbest decisions Blizz made with Shadowlands, and that is saying something.  I swear, their entire design strategy for this xpac was "What are the things that would annoy our players the most?  OK, let's do all of them, then"

Guest Bretto
On 2/9/2021 at 6:08 AM, Guest TheAngryIntern said:

The Flightmaster's Whistle thing makes no sense to me.  Why is the reasoning from Blizz that the zones are so far apart?  How does that in any way affect how the Whistle works?  You use it to go back to the closest FP after completing a WQ, that's literally the only way anyone uses it.  This was one of the dumbest decisions Blizz made with Shadowlands, and that is saying something.  I swear, their entire design strategy for this xpac was "What are the things that would annoy our players the most?  OK, let's do all of them, then"

I don't think its the dumbest thing IMO, but I do agree that the Flight master's whistle should still be added, to return to nearest Flight paths etc.

Guest ComplexBlitz
On 8/15/2020 at 4:38 PM, Guest Saro said:

You don't have to buy flying for the zones, all you need is to buy the ability to fly itself 🙂

Guest How long...

"How long will it take to get flying in Shadowlands?" Terrible wording. The writer of this guide didn't understood how most people would read that section headline in the future. We don't need to know when it will become available, because it already is, we need to know how long it will take us to earn the ability to fly. The section header should be when not how long (which is now moot). Please edit the header text so people will stop coming here for bad info. Thank you.

On 9/9/2021 at 8:53 PM, Guest How long... said:

"How long will it take to get flying in Shadowlands?" Terrible wording. The writer of this guide didn't understood how most people would read that section headline in the future. We don't need to know when it will become available, because it already is, we need to know how long it will take us to earn the ability to fly. The section header should be when not how long (which is now moot). Please edit the header text so people will stop coming here for bad info. Thank you.

Thanks for your feedback, the guide's been updated.

Guest Forge

I wasn't offered the The Last Sigil quests until I completed my covenant campaign so that is a requirement also.

15 hours ago, Guest Forge said:

I wasn't offered the The Last Sigil quests until I completed my covenant campaign so that is a requirement also.

Thanks for your feedback! I've updated the guide.

Guest TabithaJean

I have not figured out how to fly in shadowlands feel dumb but just cant figure it out followed the questline up to The Last Sigil and not getting any quest for this. Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I have my renown up to 80 exalted in all areas and still nothing.

19 hours ago, Guest TabithaJean said:

I have not figured out how to fly in shadowlands feel dumb but just cant figure it out followed the questline up to The Last Sigil and not getting any quest for this. Please someone tell me what I am doing wrong. I have my renown up to 80 exalted in all areas and still nothing.

You must complete your Covenant campaign first to receive "The Last Sigil".

Guest Gbenzium

Apprentice Riding is not free, nor is it automatically given to you when you reach char lvl 10. You have to go buy it, and it cost 4 gold.