FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Holy Pallies Watercooler

Thanks to Hybrys for the heads up.

Healers go check it out!

http://blue.mmo-cham...althy-gameplay/

Paladin

• Eternal Flame and Word of Glory now each have a 1.5-second cast time when specced Holy.
  • Light of Dawn now has a 1.5-second cast time.

That is just to convince you to read it in its entirety.  It is a good read.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan of the changes. Paladins are already immobile classes, I feel like they're trying to bring back their strategy from Cata; to keep players health between 0% and 100%. But I'm also used to Blizzard constantly changing the healing style of paladins so I'll just keep eating their food they put on my plate. 

• Like 1

These changes were entirely for PvP, since it was apparently possible for holy paladins to never cast a spell that could get them interrupted. I think change will be very obnoxious to our play style, but I find it hard trying to respond in an interesting / theorycrafting way without knowing how they will balance every other spell around these changes.

Should be interesting, can't wait for their details.

Looking at quick glance it looks like they're going to relieve all our Holy Power dumping spells to a cast. This will more than likely make it even more important to use them with a minimum of 3 charges. Also, I'm guessing this will really make us consciously decide which Holy Power building spell we want to use (Holy Shock, FOL/DL on Beacon, Holy Radiance), given that nearly all our spells will be ~1.5 sec and in healing, every second counts.

I do hope that the mobility issues are more aligned with the changes coming to all the classes and not putting blinders on the handicap.  I agree that it will be a significant change in playstyle.  I know adding the Cast to instant spells is not a step in the right direction but here's to hoping for a bigger picture solution. 

Edited by Gwenymph
  • Like 1

I'm very interested how they are going to revamp healing after additional tiers are released within the expansion. Currently the methodology is to add higher stats to gear. That said, it only helps throughput and mana regeneration, which enables healers to cast more healing spells, thus topping off/healing raiders more often, which takes us back to where we are now.

I get why blizzard wants to change this, but I don't see too many options besides trying to make the damage taken in raids run in parallel with the healing gear as the expansion progresses. (which is basically what's already in place)

Yea, from my understanding it looks like your max health and throughput will increase parallel to your damage intake. It'll probably not feel that rewarding to healers, since mana regen won't be as noticeable in change, so they may need to give some extra incentive to make healers feel like they're actually getting better.

I remember reading that they want mana regen to be high at the start of then expansion while it being lower later on. So in lower gear it's easier to manage, but later with more gear you need to conserve more while hitting harder

• Like 1

We’ve increased base mana regen a great deal at early gear levels, while having it scale up less at later gear levels.

I believe they mean that it will be slightly better as you gear, not slightly worse. I understand why you can interpret it to mean it will be more difficult, though. If the required helping scales up faster than regen scales up, mana efficiency will get tougher rather than easier.

I see what you mean.  I remembered it wrong.  But its still one in the same in a way, since the bosses are going to hit harder since we have more HP and more gear to heal, it would be the same as now, but with less regen.

I do tire of the "bursty" damage though.  Its a lot of waiting around and sniping.  Not much fun.  I'm excited to see where it goes.

• Like 1

This new style will weed out the good healers from the bad. This happened back at the start of Cata too. Lots of players rerolled dps because they found healing too difficult. Honestly, I like the challenge so I'm with Krazy, I'm excited too.