FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Astynax

Sometimes I feel... (semi-rant)

Sometimes, I feel bass ackwards playing my warlock. I just spent an hour working out my reforge by hand, resetting all my red gems to int-mastery, and attempting to hit my haste BP with as little yellow gem investment as I could. I lost a touch of mastery in the process, but I gained a significant amount of crit, and something like 500 SP, but still when I cast my incinerate, it's hitting for exactly the same number. And Chaos bolt lost damage!

Am I doing it wrong? Or what?

/endrant

Mastery has a much larger affect on your damage than Crit.  If you lose some Mastery and gained a small amount of Crit and Spell Power, it's not confusing to see Incinerate stay the same and CB do less.

Some people prefer haste over crit and viceversa, but I personally wouldn't have gone that far for the haste cap especially to the point of forging out mastery- it's not nearly as end-all as a haste cap is for affliction. I personally get a bit frustrated with stacking haste due to backdraft.

I don't see you easily noticing the lack of mastery too much (350 isn't huge), so you might as well try it out until you decide you like it or think it's garbage.

Whether you prefer haste to crit or crit to haste, neither is worth giving up mastery as destro IMO. 

Some people prefer haste over crit and viceversa, but I personally wouldn't have gone that far for the haste cap especially to the point of forging out mastery- it's not nearly as end-all as a haste cap is for affliction. I personally get a bit frustrated with stacking haste due to backdraft.

I don't see you easily noticing the lack of mastery too much (350 isn't huge), so you might as well try it out until you decide you like it or think it's garbage.

I do it to seamlessly swap between aff and destro, as well as the fact that I feel it gives me more play during certain movement phases or mechanics.

Whether you prefer haste to crit or crit to haste, neither is worth giving up mastery as destro IMO. 

Mastery has a much larger affect on your damage than Crit.  If you lose some Mastery and gained a small amount of Crit and Spell Power, it's not confusing to see Incinerate stay the same and CB do less.

I didn't specifically forego mastery for crit. I simply dropped some for hit after dropping my exp/mastery gems for the added intellect. It just seems that mastery outscales even int for me ATM, but that could be due to my gear setup. lol