FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
silentstorm161

New to World of Warcraft

Hi,

I have recently started playing WOW and am level 16. My question is at the moment i am on the starter edition and once i get to level 20 i stop gaining experience, once this happens what is it i need to purchase next? is it a monthly subscription or to buy the game. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey,

I recently returned with a new account after leaving around the Mists update. All you need to do is sub and I believe that’ll take you up to the Battle for Azeroth update, after that you need to buy the expansion. I’m currently 104 with my first character so have 6 levels left.

Bear in mind it can take up to 24 hours for your sub to kick in so I’d recommend hitting it pre-20 if you want to keep the experience flowing.

4 hours ago, Burduk said:

You just need to buy the latest update and then buy game time.

This is false, BfA is now part of the base game so all you need to play the current content is an active sub. You'll have to buy Shadowlands separately though.

On 10/20/2020 at 1:35 PM, Stan said:

This is false, BfA is now part of the base game so all you need to play the current content is an active sub. You'll have to buy Shadowlands separately though.

Yep, only sub needed