FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MomoMonster

What should my damage be?

I have a subtlety rogue that I'm just starting to do some LFR with and was just wondering what is considered acceptable damage? I've looked over the guide on this website and didn't see anything, so I'm starting to wonder if this question is too vague...

During one raid a person said we should kick dps who are doing less than 60k. Is that like, the line for good vs poor? I guess I'm just not sure what I should be shooting for. Obviously higher is better, I just don't know what a "normal" number would be. 

Hope that makes sense.

Read this and try again please: https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/205-how-to-ask-for-help-with-your-rogue/

I could spout on for pages and pages about LFR mentality and "acceptable" damage, but it wouldn't be much help to you. If you give me more data along the lines suggested in the link, I can provide you with actual assistance instead of general theories.

you may also use Shadowcraft to find out your estimated dps however some fights will be better for you than others i.e. sha of pried is where you should shine while Galakras would prove difficult.

Of course I can't stop you, but I would not recommend using Shadowcraft as a DPS benchmark before you've done any kind of log analysis. I especially would not recommend it if you are barely starting LFR. Striving for some number with no real sense of how to get there will only leave you frustrated.

For some reason many of my toons aren't showing up in the armory, my rogue being one of them.

I'm working on getting world of logs going so I can get my combatlog.

As for my rotation, I try to follow what the guide on this website suggests, but I'm still getting used to it and get lost sometimes. I will post again when I have information that is actually helpful.