FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Awesome 3D Art AI Converted from Existing 2D Pieces

9MUxfE8.jpg

We have another feast for the eyes today, as redditor Allakatter took a whole bunch of already pretty awesome WoW art pieces and made them even more so. This art was AI rendered into a 3d-looking version with some pretty amazing results, with many classic pieces getting some depth, from Teldrassil's burning, to the Tomb of Sargeras, Ny'alotha, Illidan's loss of his ear, Orgrimmar, Silverymoon and Stormwind, and even some Shadowlands zone concepts. They may have differing levels of "animated" feel throughout the 30ish pieces, but they all look impressive, and come with some suitably epic music.

You can also check out how these get made, as youtuber bycloud explains the process:

Source.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Starym
      A while ago I stumbled on a reddit thread where players were sharing the strangest real reasons they had to leave a group suddenly, from trees falling on their house to actually getting hit by a car while playing, and I thought it'd be a fun list to take a look at!
      Farmer_Few started the thread and offered their humble "a tree fell on my house causing massive leaks" story, but the offerings got weirder from there, with some a little hard to believe!
      In MoP my room mate and myself had to afk during raid to sort out the snake that wandered into our living room. Yes we are Australian. No it’s not ACTUALLY that common where we lived at the time. - Principle_Real
      ... "Guys I gotta go, I've just been run over".
      Our garage was converted into an office, my deck against what would have been the garage door. Dad accelerated the wrong way in the driveway, smashed into the wall, smashing my table into me sending my wheelie chair flying and shifting the wall about 3 or 4 feet.
      Everyone was fine ? (wasn't a brick wall) - IMABUNNEH
      WOD .. doing the docks dungeon.. got ring on the bell, tell group afk someone at the door. It was police with warrant for my arrest.. not sure how long my group waited because they took me to county jail. - C_L_I_C_K_

In beginning of cata i was in a guild called "We Stand in Fire" (it was a very relaxed casual raid guild). One night right as we go to pull 1st boss in raid, my pc blue screens and turns off. Right after i smell something burning so i look down at my tower and it is smoking. One of the ram sticks caught on fire. Even after sending pics of what happened to an officer friend in the guild for proof, the GM still wasnt willing to believe me and revoved me from guild, website, ventrillo server (also banned me), and put me on his ignore list. His reason was "for being unnecessarily hostile to the guild and what it stands for". ---------------------------------- tldr: in a cata guild named WeStandInFire, my pc caught fire, GM took offence and removed/blocked me from guild stuff. ---------------------- edit: the guild was chill and relaxed. We had a lot of fun. My guess is his bottled up emotions finally exploded and he went a little nuts. Guild exploded a few weeks later because of his breakdown. Still talk to a few former guildies here and there. - Drag0nl0rd13

Last Friday I forgot to take my daughter for her senior pictures and was on the last boss of tazervesh when wife texted to ask how they went. - dizorkmage
      ... When WoTLK was current content, our guild had wiped a few times on the Lich King due to learning strats etc when I started to have really severe pain in my skull near my eyes.
      I played through it for a bit but started to go blurry eyed and feeling nauseous, so I typed out my situation and in doing so we wiped for the 5th time.
      I apologised and said I was calling for an ambulance because the pain was getting worse.
      Queue the guild bitching at me to take some painkillers and push through it.
      I bailed and went to the ER - ended up with a lidocaine drip and put into observation and was determined to be a Cluster Headache (also known as the Suicide Headache). I now get them every year at the same time.
      When I got home 2 days later, I'd been removed from the guild I had helped create and ignored by most officers. The ones who didn't ignore me were still upset I'd "abandoned them over a headache"
      I stopped raiding after that. My health was and is more important than someone's drive to win a video game fight.
      - Ghouls_Gone_Wild
      Back in the BC days when the guild I was in was progressing BT, one of my guild members said brb, going to bake a cake and we all thought he was joking.... he wasn’t..... we all wiped on Teron-Gore Fiend. The next day he posted a picture in our guild forum with the cake, the the icing had print on it that said “Sorry Team 2” because we where the 2nd raid group in there at the time. I still remember that moment as clear as day. - Domalen
      No joke about 12 years ago me and my ex were healing and tanking on a run when ... my water broke for our oldest. If it hadn’t been a guild run no one would believe the healer and tank really did have to go the hospital for a baby. - EllaAlyKat
      “I gotta go my neighbours house just exploded and my roof is on fire” - Comfortable-Ratio-22
      "Sorry guys, I have to call an ambulance for my flatmate, she drank an entire bottle of gin." - SamWhite
      During a Dragon Soul run in Cata I had to quit because a bat had gotten into my house and was flying around the upstairs and I had to catch it before my cats did. - gemdragons
      ... I was raid leading, just started inviting the guildies when I suddenly felt a few bugs on my skin. I shrugged them off and continued but as time went on I felt more and more bugs so I got up, turned the lights on, and saw a huge amount of flying Ants all over my room and body.
      Apparently I got cought in the middle of the so called "nuptial flights" so basically I was being forced to participate in a massive ant orgy.
      Having to tell the raid to go on without me because I had to fend off a flying ant invasion was priceless - Colosso95
      ... WOTLK, I had to ask my raid lead on teamspeak to raise his voice as my neighbor was landing his helicopter.
      100% true, I was living next to the representative of state in here, and he had indeed an helicopter. - ncphobs
      My favorite is from a former RL “we’re gonna take break early, my kid just broke a door.” His kid was a toddler. We were amused and somewhat concerned about that. - vastern
      Back in Cata days, I got a direct order from my CO to quit the game and and leave the barracks to hang out with the rest of my unit in the break area. - SmugPilot
      Because I was tired. Nothing interesting happens to me. - Chupacabra_herder And to end on a classic note, it's not quite "dog ate my homework", but it's damn close:
      "My dog stole my wallet. Seriously - it was laying for some time in the bag with sweets and it smelled good, but I kinda had money and documents in it." - devvra

What were some of your weirdest "I gotta go" moments? I don't have anything special myself, other than the sad multiple instances of "crap, Blizzard just posted hotfixes/announced something, gotta go!", which is part of the reason I can't really play group content at certain times. There's also plenty more of these in the reddit thread if you want to take a look.
    • By Stan
      Darkmoon Faire starts today and it overlaps with the 17th-anniversary event and both buffs stack, resulting in increased experience and reputation gains by up to 27%. Note that you only have until tomorrow to make use of the increase.
      WHEE! from Darkmoon Faire increases Experience and Reputation gains by 10%. This year's Celebration Package increases Experience and Reputation gains by 17%. The anniversary event ends on December 6, so hurry up if you want to quickly level up your alts or grind Reputation!
    • By Stan
      In Rextroy's latest challenge, he gathered 12 teams of 8 players. The DPS challenge revolves around defeating Nathanos in Old Undercity while wearing just while/green vendor gear from Stormwind City. Which class do you think claimed victory?
      In total, there were 12 teams (one per class) and each team had 8 players. Unlike previous challenges, this one isn't limited to a single specialization. A class/team is allowed to use tanks/healers if they have access to them. 
      The event comes with certain limitations. The contenders can only wear white/green vendor gear bought in Stormwind City, can't use Bloodlust/Heroism and consumables, and must stay in the Arena.
      Here's some background information from the organizer of the event:
      Background Information
      This challenge, unlike earlier ones, will be closer to a true raid challenge, because it isn't limited to a single spec. This means each class can bring tanks and healers... If they happen to have access to it.
      Even if you are a pure DPS class, the challenge is tuned around being fast to complete if you have the necessary DPS, since Nathanos only has 176k hp! It is a risk and reward for hybrids to change their spec from DPS into Healers.
      To make it more classic-like (and for it to even be a challenge) all contenders will only be allowed to wear white and green vendor gear from Stormwind city, which you can purchase from vendors. This means you can't buy anything from Auction House, PvP vendors, or any Tier set.
      The health of non-tanks in each team will be about 8-10k, and their DPS and armor will be considerably weaker.
      Nathanos melee hits for A LOT, about 4-6k. He also dual-wields. He casts a fear quite frequently, which makes nearby players run away. He also has a stun, which he uses to distance himself from the target
      If he is at the range, he will do less normal damage than in melee, but every now and then he will use "multi-shot" which is most of the time a one-shot to the target and people stacking nearby. It does about 8-10k damage
      Quite basic abilities, but deadly... He will also be accompanied by guards during the encounter, that will spawn in waves and do 2k melee hits as well as range damage!
      Like other raid bosses, he has a lot of quotes that he will spam during the encounter!
      He will also drop some insane gear... but I won't spoil what it is!
      The rules are the following:
      Only vendor white/green gear No combat ress / heroism No consumables Stay within the arena You are allowed to try and skip NPCs in the encounter area (tho it might punish you later if you get feared to them) but you are NOT allowed to clear the adds before starting the encounter with Nathanos.
      DPS Challenge Video
    • By Stan
      The fifth week of Patch 9.1.5 is coming to a close, and we've looked at the current Tier List for Mythic+.
      Disclaimer
      In this post, we're taking a look at the tier list for Mythic+ based on the data gathered by Benched.me. The site plots all runs available from the Blizzard API (excluding the Chinese region) on a single ridge plot, so the data is different from our Shadowlands Mythic+ Rankings maintained by Petko.
      How the Data is Calculated
      To rank all specializations, Benched.me uses something called Meta Ratio Score. The "ratio" is between the specialization's representation in the meta vs. its representation in the population. For example, a specialization makes up 3% of all players in the population, but 6% in the meta, which means that spec's ratio is 6% / 3% = 2.
      Furthermore, the site defines the "population" as all keys level 2 through 15 and the "meta" as keys 16 and above. Based on that, we break down specs into tiers based on their meta ratio as follows:
      S-Tier: Ratio of at least 1.5. A-Tier: Ratio between 1 and 1.5. B-Tier: Ratio between 0.5 and 1. C-Tier: Ratio below 0.5, but greater than 0. F-Tier: Ratio of 0 (the spec isn't present in the high-level bin at all). Class / Specialization Mythic+ Tier List (Patch 9.1.5 Week #5)
      S-Tier
      We've got two specializations in the S-Tier. Subtlety Rogue almost lost its S-Tier ranking this week.
      Affliction Warlock - 1.71 meta ratio Subtlety Rogue - 1.50 meta ratio A-Tier
      Fire Mage - 1.35 meta ratio Outlaw Rogue - 1.26 meta ratio Windwalker Monk - 1.25 meta ratio Guardian Druid - 1.22 meta ratio Restoration Shaman - 1.18 meta ratio Brewmaster Monk - 1.17 meta ratio Holy Paladin - 1.16 meta ratio Marksmanship Hunter - 1.14 meta ratio Balance Druid - 1.12 meta ratio Elemental Shaman - 1.09 meta ratio Arms Warrior - 1.09 meta ratio Frost Mage - 1.09 meta ratio Arcane Mage - 1.03 meta ratio Discipline Priest - 1.01 meta ratio B-Tier
      Shadow Priest - 0.99 meta ratio Vengeance Demon Hunter - 0.98 meta ratio Unholy Death Knight - 0.95 meta ratio Havoc Demon Hunter - 0.94 meta ratio Blood Death Knight - 0.92 meta ratio Fury Warrior - 0.89 meta ratio Holy Priest - 0.89 meta ratio Survival Hunter - 0.87 meta ratio Protection Paladin - 0.85 meta ratio Beast Mastery Hunter - 0.81 meta ratio Protection Warrior - 0.78 meta ratio Restoration Druid - 0.78 meta ratio Assassination Rogue - 0.77 meta ratio Feral Druid - 0.72 meta ratio Mistweaver Monk - 0.71 meta ratio Enhancement Shaman - 0.68 meta ratio Frost Death Knight - 0.68 meta ratio Destruction Warlock - 0.67 meta ratio Demonology Warlock - 0.64 meta ratio Retribution Paladin - 0.55 meta ratio SEASON 2 PLOT

• By Starym
      We've already taken a look at many of the new mounts coming with the patch, so now it's time to gather them all up, including older mount re-colors and check them all out in motion! LeystTV bundled them all together a while ago (so the Gladiator mount is still the old non-red color and the cool Mimiron's Head-like one is missing), so let's take a look!