FORUMS
Stan

Choose Your Expansion for Leveling with Chromie Time in Shadowlands

Aevi6oE.jpg

Chromie is casually chilling on her hourglass near embassies in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, allowing players to pick an expansion/timeline they would like for leveling from 10 to 50 before heading to Shadowlands.

New players that have not played through Battle for Azeroth and reached level 120 yet with at least one character won't be eligible for this option and must play Battle for Azeroth by default when Shadowlands goes live.

Any subsequent characters you create will be able to pick from the following timelines for leveling:

Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdoms

Deathwing's emergence from Deepholm altered Azeroth's landscape forever and weakened the veil between this world and the elemental planes. Deathwing won't know what hit him!

oAUbTGT.jpg

Outland

The Dark Portal has once again opened, and the demons of the Burning Legion are advancing on Azeroth! Make sure their plans have a rather... Azerothian-sized setback!

O9yv5PC.jpg

Northrend

The tragic fall of Arthas Menethil and his ascension to the frozen throne as the Lich King is a moment in history that has permanently left a lingering scar across all Azeroth. Stopping the Lich King would really put the Scourge's plan on ice.

BUhtb5q.jpg

Pandaria

An ancient and mysterious land shrouded in fog for over ten thousand years appeared due to the events of the Cataclysm, and its people could really use the help of an adventurer like you. Going back to Pandaria is a great way to see that life is worth savoring!

JQE57xc.jpg

Draenor

The orcish clans had a very unfortunate fate in our timeline, but the meddling of Garrosh Hellscream brought forth a force that threatened the very existence of all life on Azeroth--the Iron Horde. Travel back through time and meet the orcish clans and the draenei for the first time... again!

IBk6eLZ.jpg

Broken Isles

The Burning Legion sought to conquer Azeroth and enslave its world soul and now that the Tomb of Sargeras has been reopened, they advance on our world. History will remember that you stood between the Legion and annihilation!

JqNj6u2.jpg

You can return and talk to Chromie to select a different timeline whenever you feel like it.

There is also a whirly screen visual and clock ticking sound when you select a timeline.

YPQlrVH.jpg

xbu83ZC.jpg

Chromie also has some cool replies to go with your expansion choice:

• Vanilla/Cataclysm: "Who would have thought someone named Deathwing would bring about so much destruction?"
  • Outland: "You look quite prepared!"
  • Northrend: "Do not exercise restraint when showing your great power to the Scourge."
  • Pandaria: "Whatever you do, do not get between a Pandaren and their brew. It'll be unbearably painful if you do!"
  • Draenor: "If a scary orc offers you something to drink, you probably want to say no."
  • Broken Isles: "If you find a powerful weapon, just make sure it isn't corrupted by the Burning Legion or Old Gods, okay?"

Note that timeline icons are currently messed up on Alpha.

34 minutes ago, Stan said:
  • Broken Isles: "If you find a powerful weapon, just make sure it isn't corrupted by the Burning Legion or Old Gods, okay?

So Chromie wants history changed, but why?

ANOTHER reason to be excited for the expansion! Oh - wait - I have 50 toons filled on my account and can't create anymore. WHEN will they lift this restriction!!!!! Please...

14 hours ago, Wildwitch said:

ANOTHER reason to be excited for the expansion! Oh - wait - I have 50 toons filled on my account and can't create anymore. WHEN will they lift this restriction!!!!! Please...

Wait, 50 is the limit? I'm actually dangerously close at this point O_O

• Like 1

This is a good implementation to reduce the confusion a new player would face. I'm not sure how else you'd not confuse them at this point. 🤷‍♂️

edit: except for the wrong thumbnails. that adds lots of confusion. Lol.

Edited by TyZone

22 hours ago, Seksi said:

Wait, 50 is the limit? I'm actually dangerously close at this point O_O

Sorry to share the bad news. It's been like this for years and I am frustrated! With the XP bonus I leveled nearly all my alts. NOW I have nothing left to do. I can't even have all 12 on 1 server! I have 4 servers and I need bank toons on each. I need at LEAST 52 characters.

I had to delete my DKs.

Edited by Wildwitch

The fact we can't go back to pre Cata Kalimdor and EK zones is irritating beyond belief... Chromie is a time traveling dragon that can actually take us to a pre Cata zone, it makes no reasonable sense why she can't send us there except that then fewer people would play their revamped Cata zones... I do not generally enjoy the Cata Zones anymore...

• Like 1