FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mctiguy

Season Leveling : On which difficulty ?

Rifting? Solo, probably Hard, unless you're one-shotting elites in which case Master. 

Lots depends on your seasonal start, though. Do you use the Challenge Rift bonus? That'll propel you up faster. Do you have a group of experienced players to carry you? That probably means you can go higher. Do you mind dying a few times? Might start on T6 blades for the first few quick levels. 

In that case - DH is pretty much the best starter class anyway, and the bonus will seriously help you. Craft a 1H dagger, 50/50 odds of the best power and the other one's pretty good too. Gamble for bracers to match your weapon. Cube the weapon power. Craft some decent 1H mace or other high-damage weapons you can use (I always use 2H axes, but then, I don't play DH :-P)  for every level-up, and go wild.

I think start in Hard, move up to Master if you can once you get Impale (or Fan of Knives, dpending on what dagger you got). 

Once you're starting to slow down, back to Hard. Just remember that Expert is almost NEVER worth is because of the health/XP balance which is way off in comparison to other difficulty levels. 

12 hours ago, Eyet said:

Yep, but which the better for HC?

That's a matter of preference. How much speed vs how much risk you're willing to take. I don't play HC because I find it too stressful and I've lost too many L70 HC characters ? 

Probably best to start off on Normal and slowly build up. But in general HC levelling is best done with high level team members to carry you.

At the start of the season, it probably doesn't matter. "Hard" difficulty is better as you level faster but don't get killed too often (if ever). Once you get a character to 70 and start getting Paragon points, you can start using the Master level. Once you get around 50 - 100 Paragon points, along with some decent gear, you can actually level starting characters in the Torment levels for EXTREME leveling. (I found this out by accident.)

The game says only 70's can level Torment,, but I accidentally leveled one of my chars to Torment 1 instead of Master and flew through the Adventure areas. Once I figured out what I had done, I then leveled a character, from start, at Torment III. Wow. I got to level 35 before the first set of 5 quests was finished. Admittedly, at that point, I had about 200 Paragon points, my kanai cube had Firewalkers, Azurewrath, and Short Man's Finger, I think. That is fun.