FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bubble181

2.6.9 Inarius Bloodtide Blade Necro

Hi guys,

Most necro builds are LoN/LoD builds nowadays, which is understandable but, well, I prefer running a set ? All Inarius builds are either Generator or Corpse Explosion (and really, they're all variations on the LoD builds anyway). So I thought I'd try to go for an easy build that still manages to be fun.

I ended up with this build. It's still very much a work in progress, but so far, with very low paragons, low gems and frankly some pretty horrible rolls on items, I can still easily clear T16/GR75 solo in about 4-5 minutes. I don't think it's a really competitive pushing build but it's very newbie friendly and I think it's fun to play, so i'd like some comments ?

Armor:
> 5 pieces of Inarius (Season starter set)
> APB (but really, Nemesis or other bracers would work too) (not really necessary, certainly at lower levels)
> Captain Crimson's Belt and Boots (craftable, so easy to obtain)

Jewelry:
> Wisdom of Kalan (only necessary for higher GRs)
> Krysbin's Sentence (necessary for higher levels but not as a starter)
> RORG (necessary, but easily farmed)

Weapons:
> Scythe of the Cycle 
> Leger's Disdain (but, there's really no dedicated off-hand, so any with the right stats? Not a necessary item)

Cube:
> Bloodtide Blade (necessary, but easily gambled/upgraded to)
> Dayntee's Binding (is there any build that doesn't use this?)
> Flavor of Time (But this could probably be replaced with Haunted Visions - I don't have it to try it out but it should be a major damage increase - definitely not a build necessary item) 

Legendary Gems:
> Bane of the Stricken for single targets, as this is definitely a build geared towards trash clearing.
> Bane of the Trapped for the Krysbin's proc, along with the Dislocation.
> Bane of the Powerful for the generic bonus and elite bonus. I'm not sure what might be more useful here.

Skills:
> Death Nova - Unstable Compound (main damage dealer)
> Blood Rush - Metabolism
> Bone Armor - Dislocate (as usual, for the stacks and the Inarius bonus, and the Krysbinn's proc) 
> Devour - Devouring Aura (for ease - spamming Cannibalize manually would be more efficient and give more control)
> Aura of Frailty (just for the 15% kill, no real need to curse enemies. If you use Haunted Visions this gets replaced with Simulacrum)
> Land of the Dead - Frozen Lands (only used as a source of corpses for Essence restoration in boss fights. I very rarely use it, maybe it can be replaced with something else?)

Passives:
> Rigor Mortis
> Stand Alone
> Dark Reaping
> Final Service

General rotation: 
Dive into a group with Metabolism, get your Inarius Bone Armor stacks up ASAP, then just let fly a few Poison Nova's. Any remaining stragglers, just take them along with you to a next engagement. Depending on your CDR, try to get in a second Bone Armor near the end to maintain it. Really, it's that easy with very little need to micro. Going for manual devour and perhaps a more active essence generator would complicate the rotation but would probably push up the power.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, WhimsicalPuck said:

Looks pretty interesting. I have been using Inarius this season, too.

It's weird that more builds don't have Wisdom of Kalan. 

The amulet slot is pretty competitive for Necromancers - Kalan brings a lot of toughness to the table, but Haunted Visions can (almost) treble your damage.

While this build works perfectly fine with very few items all the way through to Torment 13, it does get a bit long in the teeth. It works up to 16 but asks for a bit of extra items there. I'm now using a sort of hybrid between this and the LoD Blood Nova build - still using Inarius, but I've replaced the off hand with the Iron Rose and the Cube Jewelry slot with Haunted Visions. This means you do'nt have any essence use anymore, so it's better to replace Dayntee's with the Aquila Cuirass in the Cube. You could use Dayntee's on your middle, but I'm actually using Witching Hour now for the extra damage. 

Witching hour + Unity + Inarius boots can replace the CC set and the RORG, I'm not entirely sure of the math actually but I think it's a bit stronger DR wise. It's a notable loss of CDR (cooldown reduction) though, especially notable since Bone Armor can drop off before it's available again. Against bosses, that's pretty much a game over. 

I guess dropping Unity for CoE, and wearing Dayntee's would actually give better results, now that I'm thinking about it. I've just never been a CoE fan - it's a huge boost on average, but it means you're more timing dependent. 

It also means you don't need Devour anymore and can replace it with Simulacrum. Land of the Dead pretty much turns into just a 10 second stun (not useless, but not optimal, either, I think - perhaps some other skill to help against bosses).