FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fatbearirl

Resto Shams in Heroic DS

Just wondering, which abilities should make up what proportion of the total healing done for a RSham?

I realize that actual numbers probably vary depending on the fight, but it should be easy to come up with a ranking for the abilities that have done the most healing.

e.g. (for RDruid), it would be Rejuve, Wild Growth, Efflorescence, Tranquility, Swiftmend, and Lifebloom or something like that.

Edited by Fatbearirl

Usually it depends on how clever you are with minmaxing your effective healing. For me;

1) Chain Heal=Healing Rain

2) Riptide

3) Greater Healing Wave

Roughly on average, that is.

As I said, it varies a lot.

Thanks for the quick response!

So if a RSham is consistently healing like this:

1. Healing Rain

2. Riptide

3. Other Abilities

He is probably doing something wrong?

This is for a 10M Heroic DS.

Edit: maybe wrong was the way to put it... I was wondering if his healing was inefficient or if it was reasonable.

Edited by Fatbearirl

Healing Rain should be the top heal by a Resto Shaman in any raid setting (10 or 25). Healing Rain is by far their best heal and it should be down constantly in aura damage type fights or any time you have 4+ stacking in one place (Morchok, Yor'sahj, Zon'ozz, Hagara, Ultraxion, Warmaster, Spine, and Madness...see what I did there?)

Other than that, Riptide should be up a lot, and in heavy damage fights, it depends on the other two healers. My competent Resto Shaman uses GHW often along with Riptide. Never Healing Surge, and very often never Healing Wave. This greatly differs on the fight mechanics and mistakes made by raiders to incur higher damage.

Thanks for the quick response!

So if a RSham is consistently healing like this:

1. Healing Rain

2. Riptide

3. Other Abilities

He is probably doing something wrong?

This is for a 10M Heroic DS.

Edit: maybe wrong was the way to put it... I was wondering if his healing was inefficient or if it was reasonable.

No, that seems reasonable.

One thing that a lot of people overlook is that Riptide is a huge source of healing when used correctly - the biggest mistake I see is people not maximizing Riptide HoT uptime. If Riptide isn't in the top two or three slots, you are certainly doing it wrong ( which seems to be fine with you Posted Image )

How well Chain Heal performs ultimately depends on how much you minmax it. The best thing to do is to find good places to precast it such that it gains the most from your mastery. Aim for it to land immediately after the damage hits (example; hitting 0.1s after the damage bursts on Zon'ozz).

Edited by Stoove

You're absolutely welcome. Please remember to like posts that help you the most; it's motivational for everyone involved and builds a nice atmosphere.

Can I ask you to update this thread when you get some results? I assume you're looking for improvements :)