FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Neptune

What is the best class for doing lots of GR (greater rifts)

Demon hunters are probably one of them. But i played with a demon hunter a hundred of times. Are there any more?

It all depends on what level of GR you are looking to run. I presume you are wanting to speed run GR's. If so most classes have at least one build that they can use to speed run gr 100-115. My preference is the patterns of justice tempest rush monk that specs skills more for speed and uses dashing strike to take shortcuts.

• Like 1

Well, a lot of what I used to know/believe was back in 2014 on PS4, prior to the increase in paragon levels and greater rift difficulties, plus countless nerfs and respecs and boosts and whatnot. 

But I have been playing on Switch pretty much nonstop since about two weeks before Season 21 started.  Here's what I've noticed:

1. Before the season, hands-down the most common build you'd see in higher rifts was the Whirlwind Barbarian, probably wearing the Wasteland armor set. 

2. The Necromancer wearing Anarius with the Bone Armor whirlwind effect (it makes your Bone Armor spin around you damaging enemies) is pretty sweet.  I got further without than anything pre-S21.

3. With S21 there's no doubt, it's the Demon Hunter wearing Gear of Desolation and using Strafe as his primary attack.  The guide here on IV is very useful with that build.

4. I've seen a few high-level Monks, they seem to be wearing Justice as suggested above.  My Monk is one of my newest alts, and he still sucks balls.  No full set armor yet.

Really, though, if you aren't trying to "win" Diablo 3 by topping the leader boards or whatever, go with what's fun.  Play for enjoyment.  Maybe you have a build that can't do higher rifts, but does cool stuff that's pretty to look at and you get a kick out it.  Do that, if you want.

As said above, it really depends on what you want to do. Each class has at least one build capable of easily farming GRs up to about 100. Pretty much every class has a build that can consistently solo GR80s in under 3 minutes if properly geared. 

Do you prefer sniping gameplay, or trash killing? Pure speed? Increasing run speed or teleporting? Being absolutely sure never to die? Doing things "yourself" or leaning back and watching minions kill everything? 

Do you have the means/items to quickly get to a fully geared character, or would you be gearing up from zero? 'cause that's definitely faster on some characters than others, but if you're running a lot of GRs, that's just a few hours. Will you be running solo or grouping?

On 8/18/2020 at 6:23 AM, Bubble181 said:

but if you're running a lot of GRs, that's just a few hours.

If the RNG gods favor you... for they are fickle, and capricious, and will at times demand more of your life than you are willing to give... ?