FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Auctioneer in Oribos Only Available to Engineers

55hzFWB.jpg

Engineers will gain access to a Holographic Auctioneer in Oribos, the new city hub added to Shadowlands.

Reddit user HydraMods discovered that there is an Auctioneer available in Oribos, so we went to the Hall of Shapes to investigate.

WoWScrnShot_080520_021434.jpg

The auctioneer tells you to leave because you have no Engineering skill.

Unfortunately, the Auctioneer will be available only when you learn the Engineering skill.

WoWScrnShot_080520_021447.jpg

(Source)

This reminds me of MoP, when my main had engineering for the longest time, and when i got to the late game hub, I was confused why I couldn't use the auctioneer.

If they go this bizarre shut-down route of peoples' choices, I think it would at least be nice for them to include other exclusive NPC perks to all professions.

• Like 2

Back in WotLK the auctioneer was also engineering based if I recall correctly. It was "relatively recent" that it was made available to everyone

"Unfortunately, the Auctioneer will be available only when you learn the Engineering skill."

Luckily for me I have The Mighty Caravan Brutosaur!

goldsink.thumb.gif.7ed7bc9f21bb24ce59d18

This is not new or surprising, having been the case in 4 of 7 expansions, starting in Wrath.

TBC - none I can find, auctioneers were added to the Aldor/Scryer banks 4.0.3a

WotLK - can be seen by anyone, only used by Engineers until 4.0.3a, now usable by anyone.

Cataclysm - home city AHs

Pandaria - can be seen by anyone, only used by Engineers

WoD - none I can find, but there was a quest for anyone to build one in your garrison

Legion - can only be seen/used by Engineers

BfA - can only be seen/used by Engineers

Might've been around for a long time, but I never liked this. There should be some equivalent for the other professions to make up for it or have some other restriction (if it's going to have a restriction at all) for all players to obtain. I actually have engineering as one of my professions, not because I like it (I hate engineering) or leveling it (I pretty much never train it) but just to be able to use the auctioneer in the main hub. I personally think they failed the design around this because of that. You shouldn't feel forced to pick a profession just to have a single bonus in the main hub for which you don't even have to train the profession.

As an engineer since classic/TBC on more than one character...that is the reason I will save my gold and won't buy a longboi. I personally would draw no advantage from it anyways. But that's another story. 

I only find it fair, that the profession who was always the hardest to level (it got better, but Classic/TBC/WotLK was pure horror regarding mats and costs...you needed leather, cloth etc. not only materials from mining...materials for the chopper were expensive as f***) gets some bonus for the effort. 

But it is not only that. It is the mounts, the teleports and the loads of absurdities which make this profession my favorite of all. Who does not want to shrink ppl? Or make them explode with a gnomish death ray from space? Or teleport themselves to God-knows-where? The list goes on and on. 

Well...I always enjoyed this (unfortunately the gnome thingy does not work as it did regarding the damage dealt nowadays😅). 

And if anyone does not like the idea. Well just put an auction house alt in Orgrimmar/Stormwind and send him all the stuff? I guess that is the normal way anyways when I look at all the Level-1s running from mailbox to auction house the whole day. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

There is a way for everybody, just find it.

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this