FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Tulanian

How Many Alts?

My main for S21 is a Demon Hunter wearing GoD and using Strafe primarily (shocking, I know).  He's got augments on about half of his armor, and his mainhand and offand are both augmented.  Paragon level is in the 1170s.

With him, I do okay.  I can GR solo up into the low 80s, maybe as high as 90 depending, and in a group I can manage not to die too much up to about 105-110.

My alts, however, still mostly suck.  I have a Sorceress running Tal Rasha's; a Witch Doctor running Mundungus; a Pally with the Light set; a Barb with the Wasteland set; and a useless damn Monk with no sets at all yet.

Even with the advantage of 1000+ PL, I know I'd have to do major grinding to get all of these alts up to the point of having at least ancient weapons and ancient armor with augments. (Primal is still so scarce I hardly factor it in). It kinda feels like an endless time sink.

So I'm curious, do you folks wind up just playing a main and not bothering with alts, do you do a limited number of alts, or do you go for a complete set of all six classes with high-tear specs on their gear?

Interested to know your thoughts.

I play quite casually (usually on my switch) so I pretty much stick with only 1 character during the season.

Playing GoD as well, at around Paragon 750 now with no augments. Managed to solo GR 100 so I appreciate your post for giving me a flex opportunity.

I usually stick to one main per season, with the exception of seasons where multiple characters are needed for the Conquests (6 sets, 8 set dungeon masteries, stuff). I tend to switch classes from season to season.

Of course, I'm not really a pusher and I usually mostly stop playing around GR85 after finishing up the Journey. Having multiple characters fully geared in a season is doable, but I'd generally say you're better off sticking to one at a time .

I'm close to paragon 1200 as well, I can clear GR 110 solo on my GoD DH, without great rolls on gear and 4 augments only (level 101 gems), i'm doing my pushes in 5 level increments, so i tried 115 and failed, couldn't spawn the boss in time. I'm doing GR 95 speed runs in under 4 min also.

We are pretty close on paragon level, so i would say unless you're really unlucky on gear, you should be able to do GR 100 without too much trouble.

About alts, I have my barb doing 100 solo with frenzy, my monk does 95 with poj tempest rush, my WD 95 with spirit barrage, my necro does 100´s both with lod poison scythe and motbc set, i have lod mages for rats but haven't really tested it yet, my crusader and wizard are poorly geared yet, so i haven't really tried to push with them, but i guess they can do T16 or GR 75 at least.

I played vanilla and only returned to the game about 2 weeks into this season, so i'm not exactly a pro in the game, i try to be as efficient as i can with my play time, so i pretty much only do GR's and only do normal rifts for key farming, i geared most my alts with blood shards and cube, i play with them when i need a change from DH, but mostly blood shards and cube.

Don't take this as bragging because that's not the idea, the idea is to show you that if you are efficient with your play time you can have a few alts up to GR 100 and you should be more than capable of doing it on your main easily, as i said, my main DH is not even that well geared, 0 primals, and 2 non ancient items at the moment, and really really far from optimal stats in pretty much every slot, i don't have good uptime on vengeance, i have low area damage, only thing i got is hungering arrow damage everywhere it is possible to.

Keep at it and challenge yourself, i doubt you wont be able to push 100 at the very least