FORUMS
Damien

Changing Covenant

Guest eibhlin

so we will be able to change a covenant if we do not like  what we have chosen?  

I had a friend who  played beta tell me if I  chose wrong it will screw me in the long run..  Knowing I can change my choice will be a relief

3 hours ago, Guest eibhlin said:

so we will be able to change a covenant if we do not like  what we have chosen?  

I had a friend who  played beta tell me if I  chose wrong it will screw me in the long run..  Knowing I can change my choice will be a relief

You can change easily at any time ?, instantly if you are picking up a new Covenant.

If you are returning to a Covenant you had before, all you need to do is two quests, which must be completed on different resets. This means you can do one in the day before reset, and the other as soon as reset hits to very quickly change, or you might be forced to wait a full week if you only start the first quest on reset day.

Guest Råge

If you collect all the transmog appearances for a covenant, then switch, do you lose the appearances? Or do they get locked?

2 hours ago, Guest Råge said:

If you collect all the transmog appearances for a covenant, then switch, do you lose the appearances? Or do they get locked?

They get locked, afaik!

Guest Xelmash

"You can also immediately begin the process to swap covenant again, which can be useful if you intend on having two covenants per week, as we will explain in the next section."

Not true anymore, i think they fixed it. I tried to level 2 covenants per week, worked in the first week but in the second one:

After completing "Rebuild your Thrust"  and turn it in, iam not able to instantly take prove your worth again in the same week from the same covenant, only able to take it from a different covenant.  I think they put a shared cd on both of the quests.

Guest Moradino
11 hours ago, Guest Xelmash said:

"from the same covenant" i meant the one i came from

I have same problem. 

Guest Æonin

when switching covenant do you get to keep anima in reservoir or/and conduits that are not being used with soulbinds?

6 hours ago, Guest Æonin said:

when switching covenant do you get to keep anima in reservoir or/and conduits that are not being used with soulbinds?

Those resources, even though they show up on the Covenant UI, are not tied to a specific Covenant but to your character itself, so they should stay exactly as they were before the change, and will just show up on the new Covenant's UI.

Guest verb

Hey guys, I have a question:

When you are switching back to your covenant and take the first trust quest they give you, are you immediately switching? Let's say I'm currently with Night Fae and I am switching back to Kyrian, in the meantime while doing the trust quest I'm gonna still be Night Fae for the next two weeks? Or I will immediately switch back to Kyrian as soon as I take the quest and stay in the limbo w/o covenant.

Please help! 

40 minutes ago, Guest verb said:

Hey guys, I have a question:

When you are switching back to your covenant and take the first trust quest they give you, are you immediately switching? Let's say I'm currently with Night Fae and I am switching back to Kyrian, in the meantime while doing the trust quest I'm gonna still be Night Fae for the next two weeks? Or I will immediately switch back to Kyrian as soon as I take the quest and stay in the limbo w/o covenant.

Please help! 

You will only change when you complete both quests. 

So in your example you would be Night Fae for the next two weeks (or at least until you complete the second quest in the second week).

On 12/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, Guest Xelmash said:

"You can also immediately begin the process to swap covenant again, which can be useful if you intend on having two covenants per week, as we will explain in the next section."

Not true anymore, i think they fixed it. I tried to level 2 covenants per week, worked in the first week but in the second one:

After completing "Rebuild your Thrust"  and turn it in, iam not able to instantly take prove your worth again in the same week from the same covenant, only able to take it from a different covenant.  I think they put a shared cd on both of the quests.

Confirmed it when asking a GM, you have to wait a weekly reset to begin the process of swapping back to a covenant you were before now.

5 hours ago, kstakos said:

Confirmed it when asking a GM, you have to wait a weekly reset to begin the process of swapping back to a covenant you were before now.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Guest Guest

To get it 100% clear, if i switch:

1) I lose all my followers?

2) lose all my enhancements, like command table?

3) lose all the achievement linked to the "expansion feature covenant"?

And if I switch back to do I gain all the above back? Or in other words will i have lost any progress once i switched back?

Its like you guessed, you lose everything that you already had in the previous Covenant, because those things are tied to the Covenant you left.

If you return later it will be as you left it, no progress lost, but also none of the progress on the new Covenant will apply to old one either 🙂

On 12/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, Guest Æonin said:

You do not get to keep the anima in your reservoir.  HOWEVER, here is a trick you can use to get it back.  Right before you turn in the second quest "Rebuild Our Trust,", go to your current covenant, buy the hearthstone (don't learn it) and then as much of the covenant gear (it's not unique so you can buy multiples) to deplete your reservoir.  THEN turn in the quest, go to your new covenant vendors and sell it all back.  If you do that within the 2 hour limit, you will get the anima you spent back.  Hope this helps someone.  Wish I would have known this before I switched.  😛

• Like 1