FORUMS
Stan

Heroes of the Storm Teaser: August 29th

eizNf5Y.jpg

Blizzard posted a teaser on Twitter today of what appears to be a crossover of Starcraft and Warcraft, so it's likely they're teasing an upcoming event.

In the teaser, we can see frost wyrms and some zerg units flying around. It's like a fusion of Icecrown Citadel and Kerrigan's Leviathan. At this point, it is hard to tell if we're getting a new Hero or an event. What do you think of this zerg-infested Icecrown? We'll be back tomorrow with the second teaser.

EgmvOo-UcAApIWk?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 4

Feels more like an event, tbh.

There's no character of significance during Kerrigan's voyage to Kaldir other than the new Broodmother she spawned and the poor captured colonist, the rest are in'game already. The Icecrown citadel is also a little low on famous characters atm too.

That said, Professor Putricide feels like the only middle ground between the two that makes sense. Also, sheer meme power.

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

Genuinely curious. Is the game community still active there? How long are the queues?

Hmm.... it depends, in my experience, between 05 to 60 seconds. 

I'd like to see Bolvar to join the Storm, though some of the other bosses of the Frozen Throne might be cool. What we saw in the Shadowlands trailer really hyped him up, and he's relevant right now...

4 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Genuinely curious. Is the game community still active there? How long are the queues?

queues in QM are lightning fast if you enjoy 4 mage / 1 diver VS 4 mage killers / 1 gazlowe

2 hours ago, Nobbie said:

This looks like a mix of Icecrown Citadel and N'Zoth Tentacles to me, which may point to WoW Shadowlands.

I definitely get where you're coming from, though you can clearly see Zerg Overlords and Zerg Mutalisks, not to mention the spired arms of the Zerg Hive.

Would love some Old Gods love in HotS, though!

6 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

whenever I play I never have to wait longer than a minute or two, and during peak hours queues are often less than a minute even if you queue as an assassin

4 hours ago, TyZone said:

I definitely get where you're coming from, though you can clearly see Zerg Overlords and Zerg Mutalisks, not to mention the spired arms of the Zerg Hive.

Would love some Old Gods love in HotS, though!

I agree with the Zerg Mutalisks and Overlord. However, you also see Frost Wyrms.

My guess at this point is a rework for both Arthas and Zagara, because you see a combination of Zerg units and Icecrown related stuff.

22 hours ago, Teufel said:

Also, sheer meme power.

That's exactly what this is. Zerg + The Scourge - almost unstoppable invasion forces that swarm kingdoms and cities and overwhelm them with endless numbers as they devour, consume and infest/infect entire populations.

Edited by BobTheHuman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, ValkyrieFreya said:

I agree with the Zerg Mutalisks and Overlord. However, you also see Frost Wyrms.

My guess at this point is a rework for both Arthas and Zagara, because you see a combination of Zerg units and Icecrown related stuff.

This sounds reasonable, I'm wondering what's up with the D.Va rework, though.

Looks like this might be a next event after Nexomania. Could it be also just a skin pack, but full crossover event sounds way more interesting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Staff
      Here are the results of the latest Masters Clash Championship matches from Saturday and Sunday
      About the Event
      Masters Clash Championship is a Heroes of the Storm tournament sponsored by Icy Veins, where teams compete for a prize pool of 10,000 EUR. 48% of all matches have been played.
      Match Results
      On  Saturday, The Hardos defeated SoundLess in the first match and ArthasStroitHram won against Inting for Ruby.
      On Sunday, Chilly Mountain defeated Go Next 3:2 and in the second match, 30K claimed victory against The donuts.

When Will We See More Matches?
      The event continues on April 24 at 6:00 PM Paris time. You can find a full schedule of all upcoming matches here.
      Where to Watch
      You can watch the event in multiple languages. Links to localized streams can be found below.
       English stream (Khaldor)  French stream (Malganyr)  German stream (TazzDingo)  Russian stream (Noizen)  Spanish stream (Orhy)
    • By Staff
      The Icy Veins Masters Clash Championship continues tomorrow at 6 PM Paris time and here is the schedule of all upcoming matches.
      About the Event
      Masters Clash Championship is a Heroes of the Storm tournament sponsored by Icy Veins, where teams compete for a prize pool of 10,000 EUR. Approximately 42% of matches have been played.
      Event Schedule
      April 17 (Saturday)
      Match 1: SoundLess vs. The Hardos at 6:00 PM Paris time Match 2: ArthasStroitHram vs. Inting for Ruby at 8:00 Paris time. April 18 (Sunday)
      Match 1: Chilly Mountain vs. Go Next at 6:00 PM Paris time. Match 2: The donuts vs. 30K at 8:00 PM Paris time. Here is the exact schedule of the upcoming matches for this weekend.

Head over to the official site for more details.
      Where to Watch
       English stream (Khaldor)  French stream (Malganyr)  German stream (TazzDingo)  Russian stream (Noizen)  Spanish stream (Orhy)
    • By Staff
      Here are the results of the latest Masters Clash Championship matches that were played last weekend.
      About the Event
      Masters Clash Championship is a Heroes of the Storm tournament sponsored by Icy Veins, where teams compete for a prize pool of 10,000 EUR. 42% of all matches have been played.
      Match Results
      On  Saturday, 30K defeated Inting for Ruby. In the second match saw Go Next won 3:2 against ArthasStroitHram.
      On Sunday, The donuts won 3:2 against SoundLess. The Hardos defeated Chilly Mountain 3:0.

The event continues on April 17 at 6:00 PM Paris time. You can find a full schedule of all upcoming matches here.
      Where to Watch
      You can watch the event in multiple languages. Links to localized streams can be found below.
    • By Staff
      The Icy Veins Masters Clash Championship continues this weekend on Saturday at 6 PM Paris time! Check out the upcoming schedule for more information!
      About the Event
      Masters Clash Championship is a Heroes of the Storm tournament sponsored by Icy Veins, where teams compete for a prize pool of 10,000 EUR. Approximately 32% of matches have been played so far.
      Event Schedule
      April 10 (Saturday)
      Match 1: 30K vs. Inting for Ruby at 6:00 PM Paris time Match 2: ArthasStroitHram vs. Go Next at 8:00 Paris time. April 11 (Sunday)
      Match 1: SoundLess vs. The donuts at 6:00 PM Paris time. Match 2: The Hardos vs. Chilly Mountain at 8:00 PM Paris time. Here is the exact schedule of the upcoming matches.

Head over to the official site for more details.
      Where to Watch
    • By Staff
      Here are the results of the latest Masters Clash Championship matches that were played during the weekend.
      About the Event
      Masters Clash Championship is a Heroes of the Storm tournament sponsored by Icy Veins, where teams compete for a prize pool of 10,000 EUR. Approximately 63% of matches have been played so far.
      Match Results
      On Saturday, SoundLess defeated Inting for Ruby 4:1, and Chilly Mountain claimed victory against ArthasStroitHram (4:2).
      On Sunday, 30K won 4:0 against Go Next, and The donuts were able to defeat The Hardos 4:2.

The event continues on April 10 at 6:00 PM Paris time. You can find a full schedule of all upcoming matches here.

Where to Watch