FORUMS
Valks

Heirlooms Overview

Guest Guy Who Tryna Help
On 12/10/2020 at 7:47 PM, Guest Hosea said:

Please update for Shadowlands. Cant find the heirloom vendor!

In Orgrimmar by the front entrance, like on top of the entrance area, if that makes sense. ran into him on accident

Hey guys, I apologize for the slow reply here.

On 10/15/2020 at 1:42 AM, Guest Odo said:

Any chance of listing the best enchants/gems for some of those heirlooms?

I will try and look into getting this added although not a lot of theorycrafting has been done on it with Shadowlands scaling unfortunately.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:25 AM, Guest Mehne said:

Needs to be reworked for shadowland expansion.

Hey, I fixed some outdated level "steps" for the Heirlooms which I assume is what you were talking about.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:47 AM, Guest Hosea said:

Please update for Shadowlands. Cant find the heirloom vendor!

The locations for Heirloom Vendors should be correct in the guide, but let me know if you are having trouble finding it still and I can assist you.

Guest Richard

I couldn't find the heirloom vendor either on my level 50 char. I relogged to my level 60 char and the vendor was where the guide said he would be.

Guest zekarra

Are the Heirlooms only able to be upgraded to level 50 in Shadowlands right now or can we get them to level 60? If we can get them to level 60, where can we buy the upgrades to do so?

1 minute ago, Guest zekarra said:

Are the Heirlooms only able to be upgraded to level 50 in Shadowlands right now or can we get them to level 60? If we can get them to level 60, where can we buy the upgrades to do so?

The Heirlooms can not yet be upgraded to Level 60. Blizzard does not usually make Heirlooms upgradeable to max level before the halfway point of the expansion or beyond, since the Shadowlands Leveling Experience is still considered "fresh" and to be experienced at the originally intended pace.

Heirlooms are rather useless now, i tended to only use them for the xp bonus, but since i never have rested....like ever, its just a waste of a slot....they tend to be rubbish most of the time, so i tend not to use heirlooms anymore.

Guest Vagrant
On 2/11/2021 at 1:07 AM, Bryhub said:

Heirlooms stop at level 49 not 50.

Heirlooms give you a buff until you are past the level listed.  The 49 Heirlooms means it works while you are 49, but not beyond.  Once you ding 50, it falls off.

Guest GTYoungblood

Yep. Its official. The nerfed heirlooms to the dirt. Not only do they not have any meaningful item level (item level 58 at character level 50. I'm getting Ilvl drops larger than that on WQ's. And can buy item ilvl 100 on the AH or make them?

Nerfed XP bonus to 0%. What the F are they good for now? That why we wanted them. Thats why we spent TONS of gold to upgrade them. Now, its not worth the loss in DPS to use them. I'm done. Wish I can get that 50k back I spent upgrading heirlooms.

Guest Refundheirloomgold

On 11/3/2021 at 3:44 PM, Guest GTYoungblood said:

Yep. Its official. The nerfed heirlooms to the dirt. Not only do they not have any meaningful item level (item level 58 at character level 50. I'm getting Ilvl drops larger than that on WQ's. And can buy item ilvl 100 on the AH or make them?

Nerfed XP bonus to 0%. What the F are they good for now? That why we wanted them. Thats why we spent TONS of gold to upgrade them. Now, its not worth the loss in DPS to use them. I'm done. Wish I can get that 50k back I spent upgrading heirlooms.

yeah, this is not what anyone paid for. we all forked over our hard earned gold for a flat EXP-bonus item.

I know i am late to this, but i honestly never use heirlooms anymore, when i play, i play each day and rested xp is never high enough to make these heirlooms worth using, weapons...sure, but when you get to level 50, they are obsolete, because, as people have said, you can buy or craft Item Level 100 weaponry, which instantly replaces the heirlooms.

Shadowland level 50 is better than normal level 50, which i find utterly stupid...level 50, should be level 50.

they need a dire upgrade, they need their xp bonus back and their item level needs upgrading so that when you hit level 50, they become item level 100 and have the stats that fit that item level, they cost fair amount of gold, now players that spent 1000s and 1000s of gold upgrading them, unless i am mistaken, feel like me, disappointed.

The heirlooms need to be buffed up to where they used to be and to level up WITH US, not every 4 levels.

Until then, i will keeping knowing that Blizzard stole my gold, since what i paid the gold for, longer exists.

Guest Kvasi

"Heirlooms cannot be traded or mailed between characters"
You can mail heirlooms between characters.

Guest SoupKnight

Mail legs are incorrectly labeled as Plate legs on the table and vice-versa.

Would be nice if you added what heirlooms are no longer attainable (such as the wod mythic dungeon trinkets and provide an alternate BIS if someone doesnt have them)

On 10/30/2022 at 1:17 AM, Auchioane said:

Would be nice if you added what heirlooms are no longer attainable (such as the wod mythic dungeon trinkets and provide an alternate BIS if someone doesnt have them)

Thank you! Will be added.

Guest Azshann

You don't mention enchants for the heirlooms at all here. They can be very powerful, especially at low levels. I tried applying the Leg Armor and shoulder enchants/inscriptions and I can't use it on my low level character that I am leveling up. I tried to use it on a higher level character and then send the heirloom to my lower level character, but the enchant can't be applied to items that are higher than level 50. So it appears that there is no way to apply these enchantments at all. I would love to hear if anyone has figured out a workaround to this issue.

I am trying to use my Ret Pally to buy heirlooms for my new monk. The Stormwind vendor only shows me plate even when I select "All" from the dropdown. I do not have any issues in Ironforge. Anyone know what's up with this? I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Guest Amylinn
On 3/15/2023 at 5:23 PM, Aumnaft said:

I am trying to use my Ret Pally to buy heirlooms for my new monk. The Stormwind vendor only shows me plate even when I select "All" from the dropdown. I do not have any issues in Ironforge. Anyone know what's up with this? I assume I'm doing something wrong.

Stormwind guy is a guild vendor with heirlooms to sell what your character can use, the guy in ironforge is a heirloom curator they have different roles

Guest Amylinn
On 5/11/2022 at 3:42 AM, Lithari said:

I know i am late to this, but i honestly never use heirlooms anymore, when i play, i play each day and rested xp is never high enough to make these heirlooms worth using, weapons...sure, but when you get to level 50, they are obsolete, because, as people have said, you can buy or craft Item Level 100 weaponry, which instantly replaces the heirlooms.

Shadowland level 50 is better than normal level 50, which i find utterly stupid...level 50, should be level 50.

they need a dire upgrade, they need their xp bonus back and their item level needs upgrading so that when you hit level 50, they become item level 100 and have the stats that fit that item level, they cost fair amount of gold, now players that spent 1000s and 1000s of gold upgrading them, unless i am mistaken, feel like me, disappointed.

The heirlooms need to be buffed up to where they used to be and to level up WITH US, not every 4 levels.

Until then, i will keeping knowing that Blizzard stole my gold, since what i paid the gold for, longer exists.

I am just starting to play again (retail) after stopping during WoD....I have all the base heirlooms (level 29 auto I believe) and was looking at how to upgrade...now wondering if I should...

I made a character to level fresh and she's level 26, I can tell the heirloom is loosing value and I am getting better gear from QUEST rewards lol...not sure if I upgrade. If I do, is it worth going past lvl 40?