FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fox

Questions for Holy Pallies

alright, right now my guild is just starting out were 10/14 norms, but were going to go 14/14 this week. Now my raid team is pretty solid except for one thing, my healers well kinda. See I have a druid healer and he does great healing, but I have a disc priest. Now this disc priest keeps talking like he wants to switch over to his Holy pally and personally I haven't raided with a holy pally this tier. Raided with a disc priest and they seem to be prettttttty good.

My question to you is, which healer is the better healer out of the two classes for tanks, priest or pally? I mean holy pallies used to be badass tank heals back in the day. Would we be missing out on the benefits that a disc priest can give and a holy pally doesn't? Could the holy pally work please let me know asap :]

for a 10 man? It doesn't matter.  They both can be equally as viable.  It just depends on the person's skill level.  Disc preist just seem way too strong because absorbs are so strong with this bursty damage that is so prevalent in today's raids.  

In my opinion, as long as you can tell that your healer playing a holy paladin is not dragging down your raid then let him play whatever he wants.  If it becomes a problem because of the HPS then let him know so he can fix it or temporarily go back to disc for specific fights until he gets gear.

• Like 1

alright dood thanks for the quick answer as well I appreciate it. But for like tower groups in HM Gal I mean you think the pally would be a problem or he could do it no problem? Cause usually when I did it with my old guild we had a disc priest and they would just go up with me.

All healers can 2 heal in a 10 man doesn't matter the comp. If you trust this person to perform well, then it should be fine.

Now the difficulty may change, but thats usually when you throw in a mistweaver, not a paladin.

• Like 1

well we do have a monk tank as well so shouldn't be a problem thanks again for your help! :]

Especially in the comparison of Holy Paladin vs Disc Priest, they're almost always interchangeable. Most classes also work that way, but the absorb similarity along with tank CDs, raid CDs, and single target vs aoe healing, these two specs of healing can mimic the other very easily.

Krazyito has much more experience with healing transitions than I do as well, so if he says it'll work fine, I trust him over anyone else smile.png

To add: With 10 mans your biggest concern needs to be your raid CD makeup. Would you rather have a Devo or a Divine Hymm or lightwell etc and not necessarily HPS of Holy pally vs priest.

Edited by Geoda