FORUMS
Damien

Dragonflight DPS Rankings

1 hour ago, Guest Tier Listless said:

Post is a tier list but with no damage meters or pull numbers? Are we supposed to just go off faith here?

As soon as WCL numbers or Sims are available once the first tier opens I'll definitely include them. I cannot include my guild's WCL or damage meter number from testing since we keep those private during beta, but the tier list is written based on my and my guild's experience as a top guild participating in every raid test, doing keys daily, and playing every spec.

If you don't want to take my word for it and would rather wait to see numbers first I totally understand, but this list is meant to be insight into where the numbers should end up.

Guest Oath

Seeing Sub-R in B tier on list and A tier on the breakdowns. My ocd brain wants to know...where does my main stand? ?

1 hour ago, Guest Oath said:

Seeing Sub-R in B tier on list and A tier on the breakdowns. My ocd brain wants to know...where does my main stand? ?

It's supposed to be A-tier. The top list just did not get updated, was my bad. I had considered moving sub rogue to B-tier, but after consulting with some rogues was told they are definitely still very good on single target, it's just the previous OP build was nerfed and there are still other very competitive builds sub can use.

Guest Orton14

Oooofffff, lots of shadow nerfs in the latest live Server Update (for example Mind Flay and Devouring Plague)

Think this could kick the Shadow off from the top spot?

8 hours ago, DirkDiggler said:

Update coming at some point soon?

Yes, there will be one final large update that should be live by Friday. I've been coordinating with my guild members and most of the class writers here to finalize the list and make sure we're all in agreement for where everything stands. This will probably be the final update until we see data from the raid. It would be live now, but I'm holding off since there is supposed to be more significant balancing this week, probably tomorrow.

Guest Lassirra

Hey just wanted to ask are you bringing out the new list for dds tanks and heal before you start?Hey just wanted to ask are you bringing out the new list for dds tanks and heal before you start?

Guest Ocho

Curious as to how fire mage is S tier for mythic+ and nearly bottom of the list for raid tier. Don't think there's that large of a disparity for any other spec - not even close. 

Guest Bobo

Thanks for doing this! Helps a ton to see what's doing well, for which reason and what's doing not so well with some analysis each time!

6 hours ago, Guest Ocho said:

Curious as to how fire mage is S tier for mythic+ and nearly bottom of the list for raid tier. Don't think there's that large of a disparity for any other spec - not even close. 

Fire Mage has a very specific, niche broken build that was allowing it to do insane uncapped AoE damage in M+ dungeons. That type of damage profile is just not at all necessary inside the raid. Difference between needing to hit 1-5 targets versus pulling 30 at once.

6 hours ago, Guest Lassirra said:

Hey just wanted to ask are you bringing out the new list for dds tanks and heal before you start?Hey just wanted to ask are you bringing out the new list for dds tanks and heal before you start?

Definitely. The updated tier list will be live before Shadowlands. It should go up sometime this weekend!

Guest Nove
5 hours ago, Impakt said:

Definitely. The updated tier list will be live before Shadowlands. It should go up sometime this weekend!

When is the final update for dps coming? Thanks!

Guest ocho

he said this weekend. it's in your quote lol. i doubt he actually knows the specific day/time since it depends on all of the other people he's consulting to get back to him + they're probably waiting on any last minute hotfixes so they don't have to go through all of this again by Monday/Tuesday.

Guest Mukdek
2 hours ago, Impakt said:

Update is live!

I really appreciate your efforts, thank you. I noticed you apparently left shadow as #1, is that correct even with the series of nerfs it has received in the last month or so? (I ask because your note is still the one from Nov. 1).

It hardly matters, but it will help me decide if I will tell my guild I am definitely going shadow as opposed to disc. We're fairly competitive (US ~60ish in BFA).

3 hours ago, Guest Mukdek said:

I really appreciate your efforts, thank you. I noticed you apparently left shadow as #1, is that correct even with the series of nerfs it has received in the last month or so? (I ask because your note is still the one from Nov. 1).

It hardly matters, but it will help me decide if I will tell my guild I am definitely going shadow as opposed to disc. We're fairly competitive (US ~60ish in BFA).

To be honest it's a bit hard to say what will be number 1, but at the moment Shadow is still our #1 pick. Spriest, Hunter, Boomkin, Aff lock, and Frost mage are all looking REALLY good for the raid.

Guest Bobo

Sad days for Melee! Is the raid really that melee unfriendly? Or are rDPS just too good?

Guest Bmo

I could be wrong, but I think your really underestimating elemental shaman in this tier.  Even after some nerfs ( Most of them unnecessary), they still have great mobility, ability to multi-dot and funnel, and legendaries for each fight style in there, I really feel like they are going to be a top 10 class this tier

7 hours ago, Guest Bobo said:

Sad days for Melee! Is the raid really that melee unfriendly? Or are rDPS just too good?

Ranged DPS are just that good. The raid is about average in terms of melee unfriendlyness, but no more so than usual. The top ~5 range DPS specs are all actually just better at doing damage than any melee spec, which is really where the difference is from.

6 hours ago, Guest Bmo said:

I could be wrong, but I think your really underestimating elemental shaman in this tier.  Even after some nerfs ( Most of them unnecessary), they still have great mobility, ability to multi-dot and funnel, and legendaries for each fight style in there, I really feel like they are going to be a top 10 class this tier

Ele is definitely one of the specs I will be watching. I've seen some pretty solid looking logs/results from testing, but not confident enough to move them up more yet. I suspect they will move up once I see actual data from heroic/mythic nathria though. Ele is a solid spec though, don't shy away from it.

5 hours ago, Guest Ocho said:

Is it really live? It still says last updated November 1st

The guide is updated. Not every DPS spec gets an update on the list each time, but most will say Nov 20 now along with the overall guide itself.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:41 PM, Impakt said:

Ranged DPS are just that good. The raid is about average in terms of melee unfriendlyness, but no more so than usual. The top ~5 range DPS specs are all actually just better at doing damage than any melee spec, which is really where the difference is from.

Oh I see. This puts itt into perspective for me because from what I've seen the raid did not seem too unusual concerning the viability of melee DPS. I suspect the balance changes over the next few weeks are going to be more dramatic than most launches.

I think Blizzard is going to AXE balance and shadow. Considering both priest and druid have INCREDIBLE UTILITY and I suspect will soon be the premier DPS specs given the content type. Frost, hunter and lock all have good numbers and will climb the tier list imo but so far as mage/ lock go. You need 1 of each for this tier I'm guessing but will then have to rationalize why more if spriests/ boomies are available to swap in. Anecdotally, I think Blizzard has never liked that kinda scenario.