FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Alandria

[Balance] Help with Sub-Par DPS

Hi all! 

I'm getting really frustrated because I'm constantly underperforming, and holding my guild back. They think it's fun to tell me how much I suck, but I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and could use some actual advice in Balance. After looking over the general guide, and comparing it with myself, I still can't seem to figure it out. Here are a few links to help:

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/hellscream/Alandria/advanced

World of Logs: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6xsze9gaaygvdn6o/details/3/

The log is a link to one night, but the main calendar may have more of my logs, just look for "Alandria." 

Please let me know what else I can give you guys to help.

Thanks!

Edited by Alandria

I've certainly seen much worse Moonkins. The first thing I notice is you have too much Hit and Spirit, but you're doing all you can to mitigate that. Other than that, you should be able to perform very well with the gear you've got. I'll sound like a broken record, but anyone doing suboptimal DPS as a Balance Druid is probably doing the same couple of things wrong:

1) Low uptime on Moonfire and Sunfire

2) Not using cooldowns properly

Just for example.. you have capped Herbalism, but on Malkorok, you didn't use the cooldown that the profession gives you.. not to mention no potions. Lining everything up, using your cooldowns in the right order and following the correct opening rotation should result in "holy shit" opening burst instead of "pretty good" burst. Practice that opener and get it down hard so you can do it in your sleep. It's by far the hardest part of playing Balance.

Then there's the issue of maintenance throughout the fight. If you don't keep good uptime on Moonfire and Sunfire, you'll notice that everything else goes in the dumper. You get less Shooting Stars procs, which lengthens the time between Eclipse states, which means you have lower uptime on Nature's Grace which makes it harder to get out of the hole. It's better to just not let the dots drop at all if you can.

After pouring over my logs last night, I noticed that same thing that you did: my DOTs didn't have the uptime that they needed to. I've gotten some add ons and changed my bars around a little bit and I'm going to play with it some more this afternoon. 

Thanks for the speedy reply.

yes your DPS is not quite high
(source: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/hellscream/alandria/ )

didnt looked at your WOLogs yet but just quick here some notes:

- according to Armory you have no tier set equipped: get asap 2pc and 4pc of current tier set. It will improve your dps highly

(2pc will be about 3-4% of your overall dps and 4pc will just be awsome due to 8% higher procchance of shooting stars

- get rid of cleave trinket. It is weak. Best are Immerseus and Shamans trinkets (garrosh trinket will also be ok until you get both mentioned)

- go for 10289 haste! big dps improvement

- if you decide NOT to go for 10289 as long as you have 22% hit..-> reforge down to 5273 haste and go for krit

- you have tooooo much hit...I mean 22%...thats 7% wasted..that 7% could be haste and krit, you know

- use askmrrobot for gear optimization (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/hellscream/alandria)

- Talent choise is ok. I mostly also play with INC and NG...(NG because of more burst power)

- get addon: AffDots...will help track you Dots and suggest if worth redot a target or not

See my signature for more theorycrafting and stats stuff

I have the tier set in my bags, just not equipped. Trying out newer pieces, and that's what's reflected on my armory.

As you can see from my armory, I'm trying to get to that haste rating, and have reforged all to get there. As for my hit, I've reforged all of it off that I can, so that rating isn't going to get any lower unless I replace complete pieces. I can't get rid of any of more it, no matter how much I want it gone.

Regardless, I've taken a break from playing at the moment, but thanks for all the advice.

yes your DPS is not quite high

(source: http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/hellscream/alandria/ )

didnt looked at your WOLogs yet but just quick here some notes:

- according to Armory you have no tier set equipped: get asap 2pc and 4pc of current tier set. It will improve your dps highly

(2pc will be about 3-4% of your overall dps and 4pc will just be awsome due to 8% higher procchance of shooting stars

- get rid of cleave trinket. It is weak. Best are Immerseus and Shamans trinkets (garrosh trinket will also be ok until you get both mentioned)

- go for 10289 haste! big dps improvement

- if you decide NOT to go for 10289 as long as you have 22% hit..-> reforge down to 5273 haste and go for krit

- you have tooooo much hit...I mean 22%...thats 7% wasted..that 7% could be haste and krit, you know

- use askmrrobot for gear optimization (http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/hellscream/alandria)

- Talent choise is ok. I mostly also play with INC and NG...(NG because of more burst power)

- get addon: AffDots...will help track you Dots and suggest if worth redot a target or not

See my signature for more theorycrafting and stats stuff

The 10289 haste cap is an unbelievable DPS increase, even more so if you have the 4 set, as with that extra tick you will find that you have close to constant starsurges to cast. I, however, am not a fan of INC for the majority of fights this tier, and find myself dropping it for Force of Nature most of the time. I know most people will tell you that is a rookie decision, and not to try it. But if you do it the right way, you can get some phenomenal results. Set up a TellMeWhen, or some sort of indicator to tell you when you have both Nature's Grace (you're eclipse haste buff), as well as your legendary meta's proc up at the same time. Because the treants benefit from the buffs you possess when you drop them, they will have ~45% extra haste, and will start pumping out 60k+ wrath's fairly quickly. It definitely adds up. I personally macro'd my synapse springs into my treants to give them the intellect boost as well for some added DPS. I'm not claiming to be the king of all boomkins, but if you get the chance, give that a shot, you may find that you like it.