FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Calol

so I finally broke down and bought the tome

Since the tome never once dropped for me all through out 5.3 I finally broke down and bought it since someone was selling for 4.5k instead of 10k. And I gotta say while the quest design was pretty good I am regretting getting the fire. It feels so cheap since I am at 573 everything died so quick and easy including Kanrethad. The only issue I had was being retarded and hitting the traps. And I didn't interrupt his cataclysm but he died as soon as I used my stone. But yeah overall I really wish I would have found this time about 70 item levels ago. That way it would feel as epic as it was designed to be.

• Like 1

Have you used your free 90 yet?  Create a 483 Warlock and do the quest that way.

• Like 2

I'll second this. I had no desire for green fire before getting my challenge mode xmog. @ 564 ilvl, he died about 10 seconds after he summoned his imps, before he had a chance to even summon his felhunters. lol. I did, however, attmept it before, and am willing to vouche that it was a complete bitch at the time, but my strategy was probably not ideal.

It took me 8 attempts at ilvl 509 - I was mostly decked out in Heroic gear from T14.  The only reason I lost is because of mistakes with LoS of Chaos Bolt, not resetting aggro, and having the felpups take my Pit Lord away.

I'd compare it to the 10 attempts it took me to get the tanking silver medal in Proving Grounds as a Hunter - there were some tricks you had to pull off, but it wasn't super hard once you understood everything happening around you.

The worst for me was forgetting to reset my control demon.   I think I was at ilvl 510 ish.  Once you got the hang of the 3 phases (imps, fel pups and doom lord) it was rinse and repeat.  Still there was still plenty of ways you could screw it up. 

One a side note, if you search mmo forums or bilzz forums for green fire, you will find a whole lot of crying about how hard it was for some.

One of my favorite bosses/quests of this xpac as a Warlock.

I would have enjoyed it MUCH more if it locked your item level to 496 or attuned it for Challenge Modes/Proving Grounds.  As a personalized instance, this woulda been easy to implement and Green Fire would have been prestigious - not a bonus prize for just buying the tome and doing it at 560.

• Like 1

Have you used your free 90 yet?  Create a 483 Warlock and do the quest that way.

Yes Zagam I already have lol. Even if I hadn't I don't think I'd waste it on a class I already have geared