FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sikkz

KTT vs. BBoY

Hey all.  So basically, here's my situation: I have PBoI in one trinket slot (that's a no-brainer), and I'm trying to choose between BBoY and KTT for the second trinket slot.  My BBoY is 536, and my KTT is 548.  

I have always used my 536 BBoY in the second trinket slot, but was lucky enough to receive KTT today while doing flex.

I looked at Akraen's trinket flow-chart, but I wanted a little more clarification and detail as to which trinket I should use.  If I'm interpreting this flow-chart correctly, which I believe I am, it seems that I should always go with the KTT?  

Second questions: what if both of the trinkets were 548?  I ask this because it's only a matter of time before the RNG gods give me a flex version of BBoY (knock on wood).  

Thanks in advance for your help:)

EDIT: Here is a link to my armory, since I know that the ability to reach soft caps may play a role in whether or not to equip or not equip BBoY:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/anvilmar/Scottylol/advanced

Edited by Scottylol

According to your armory you are frost, I would always go with the KTT, unless the BBoY is a higher ilvl of course.

To clarify:

If both trinkets were on the same item level, then THEORETICALLY BBoY would result higher DPS.

However, in PRACTICE there are a very small number of players, who can use BBoY at its full potential as frost, so on average KTT will be better.

Another point is: if you can reach 14242 haste only with BBoY, then BBoY. Otherwise, still KTT.

Thirdly: If you are going for haste stacking build, then BBoY.

But frankly, these have been explained in the flowcharts :P

@oltier i see u mentioned that number of 14242 haste. What would be next breakpoint of haste. Im currently running with 16000 haste selfbuffed. Do you think i should stack mastery instead or soon theres gonna be some haste breakpoint?

Also checking on AMR but its wierd. Hes not showing 14242 in any scenario...

Edited by Blackd

Read this topic, please.

https://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/3678-akraens-comprehensive-guide-to-54-frost-pve-advanced/

If you choose the mixture build then 14242 is the 50% haste (GCD cap) with frost armor and raid haste buff. When you reach this, then you indeed stack mastery.

If you go for haste build, then there is no breakpoint after 14242, you just stack haste.

EDIT: you can set your own ratings in "other" settings on AMR

Well, there are breakpoints. 15832 gives you another NT tick. I go for that for the NT fights when I can. And then there's one around 18.9k which is both NT and LB. Less relevant if you flat out stack haste but handy to know.

• Like 1

I made a flowchart sad.png

I worked hard on that flowchart sad.png

*Gives virtual hug*