FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
NoamNatan

Mistweaver help

hello monks

few days ago i decided to boost a monk char to lvl 90

and chose it to be a mistweaver.

i find it an unusual healing class and i need some help.

i do have a monk char i lvled my own, but no more then lvl 80

as boosted char, my gear is basic and ilvl 483

i did some lfrs and the healing resoults were aweful

i allways check recount and i was like 7th-8th on healing done in lfr which means

far below the other healers even none healing chars..

i checked the rotation guide here

but my mana runs out in 30 seconds from the beginning of the fight

because spining crane kick and jab mostly

how can i maintain mana and get better healing results?

obviously i'm messing stuff

i'm begining to think maybe boost a monk was a mistake

help me to change my mind wink.png

appreciate any help

my armory link

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Vallaena/simple

Edited by NoamNatan

I have no clue how the MW boostergear is, but I'd expect it to have an overabundance of spirit. You'd want as much crit as you can and a comfortable haste breakpoint. No need to stack spirit past 5100 rating which hitcaps you. Crit is a much better regen tool through Mana Tea plus it contributes to output.

For mana conservation you could try dropping Fistweaving at first and slowly work it in as you get more comfortable with monk healing. ReM on cooldown and Uplift as the chi dump should get you pretty far on most encounters. Fill the empty time with soothing mist on the tank or channeling mana tea if you're low on mana and shy away from Enveloping Mist. In any scenario Uplift is usually better barring some very special cases.

A link to your armory would help a little to see your talent/glyph choices and the state of your stats and a log to evaluate your spell usage.

Edited by Ceraius

Ok, first off mastery is pretty much terrible so reforge out of all of it you can. And try to replace mastery pieces asap. I would prioritise crit above the haste breakpoint at this moment since youre struggling with mana. Get as much of it as you can and after that put your spirit up to 5100.

(Also, whats with the 450 greens? I thought the booster items was 480ish ilvl.)

That should get you started on the gear.

Glyphs and talents seem good. I personally don't use Targeted Expulsion or Chi Torpedo but thats a personal thing.

You can PM me if you'd like to add me on friendslists and I could come and run an LFR with you to see a little bit of what youre doing.

Edited by Ceraius

Hi NoamNatan,

If I were you I will at least reforge over 5100 spirit and to the 1st haste bp which is 3145. Here use these weights:

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/f5255f0d-0248-474a-b948-1dc9448638e0

Just click on the "Enable Reforge-Only" for now, until you get higher ilvl gear.

Regarding fistweaving, stay out of it at the moment, is pretty hard to manage your mana efficiently without the leg meta. Also I wouldn't take Chi Burst, take Chi Wave instead. I would probably switch Chi Torpedo for Xuen as well (use it pretty much on CD on as many adds as possible... you will see a huge healing burst).

I think this is as much as I can do without any logs and with current gear. 

Nice profile pic, btw... Vamo Argentina ;)

I would probably recommend Chi Wave for now also. Its so much easier to use than Burst but when you get comfortable with the playstyle I'd incorporate Chi Burst. It has more control than Wave and these days there's only 1-2 fights where I would even consider using Wave anymore.

You are wasting potential healing output as your character has no good optimization, whatsoever. Here is what I got for you, http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/f6be4283-03ca-4966-9b9a-979885840b41

Your Score now: 51261

Total Score afterwards: 62118 (+10856)

Thats roughly a 17% lose right now. Get askmrrobot addon and do the necessary things. For the beginning use CW (chi-wave), thats fine. Later, I would recommend CB (chi-burst). Use as much Uplift as possible, avoid SM as long as possible.

SM (when spam clicking) is still good chi Gen when in low damage situations. You can e fistweaveing then, but SM will be efficient for capping chi getting ready for burst

SM (when spam clicking) is still good chi Gen when in low damage situations. You can e fistweaveing then, but SM will be efficient for capping chi getting ready for burst

I mean Surging Mist. A little conflicting... Soothing Mist... and Surging Mist :/

Well another thing you can do with Surging Mists is use the glyph with meta gem procs.  Free and fast smart healing.  Gets 3 chi and some decent healing.  

You should also be spamming Tiger Palm with fistweaving and if you have the SrM glyph you can use that as well.