FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Drtain

Blood dk how to maybe increase my dps a little?

Hello, I know how dks work very well I've been maining one for a while and considering my self pretty good at it, I even post on here helping others sometimes. But I'm just wondering if maybe there is another build I could try out to increase my dps or maybe just little things I could do to increase it during my raid considering I haven't seen much of a dps increase since like 565 ilvl. I've been puling in the 200-250k depending on fight sorry I don't really have any logs. But I was considering maybe a haste/crit build? or straight strength? I have no problem at all surviving through current progression so I can get rid of anything that would boost my Survival. I know the obvious maybe put dps trinkets on but I actually don't really have any other then Flex TTT which I put on most fight which I feel hardly increases my dps maybe 1% 2%?.

My armory link http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/korgath/Drtain/advanced.

Edited by Drtain

Yeah, trinkets would be the "obvious solution." I usually run TTT with the Juggernaut trinket (for riposte) on fights where I don't need the EH from stamina trinkets. TTT is imo very good for tanking in general. Even if the damage boost isn't that impressive, there's also that X% mastery increase which is a nice little defensive boost. 

Some people put a little haste on their gear for some extra pew. Too bad theres no parry+haste gems biggrin.png

So I'd start with different trinkets and then maybe add a speck of haste. 

Edited by Ceraius

Yeah, to be honest I've considered going back to heroic ToT and seeing if i could get spark/the trinket of primordius. Since i havn't had any luck with heroic Core or normal seeker's talisman.

Trinkets are definitely an obvious choice. Thok's being the best, but hard to get, in all my kills I've never been in a group that didn't have at least one melee dps that wanted one. Skeer's is good. Iron Jug's is a decent hybrid trinket with all the avoidance and riposte.

Spark could be interesting, I wish I had kept my hw-spark from last tier, that trinket did seem to have a much higher than expected up time, and gave a decent strength boost.

Reforging/regemming for haste won't give you more dps, and will probably actually be a small dps loss. In any sim I've done since riposte came out, Parry/Dodge give at least 10% more dps than haste, even from a baseline of 0 haste. Some Mastery DK's like haste because of the increased rune regen, but if you're avoidance tanking you'll generate far more RP from scent of blood proc'ing on parries and dodges, which will lead to considerably more blood tap/RC/RE procs, which makes the extra resource generation from haste worthless.

Yeah both melee dps in my raid group need TTT normal and my other tank say's he'd like it as well so XD i'm pretty screwed there. One of my friends who 13/14 heroic as a blood dk does seekers and primordius trinket says he gets around 50% crit with riposte (he's at 40ish percent with riposte and with crit buff) and then he adverages the seekers out and figures he always has 1 stack of primordius's trinket

So I've been thinking that would be a decent increase in dps (also the passive str from the trinkets)

Edited by Drtain

Stacking strength would increase your attack power, as well as give you some parry, which helps with riposte. That said, I'm not sure how it would perform compared to other options.

I don't believe the parry gained through strength contributes to Riposte. Str doesn't increase your parry rating, it directly affects the percentage. And riposte is the sum of parry+dodge rating as crit rating.

It does increase AP, but that difference is mostly noticable only when you don't have vengeance up, whereas riposte/crit will have its benefits scaling with vengeance.

Edited by Ceraius

From a purely dps standpoint Crit > Parry > Dodge > Strength > Haste.

There isn't much point trying for Strength or haste since Parry and Dodge are better for both dps and survivability, except for rare circumstances where you aren't getting hit for 30 seconds or more at a time and you lose riposte. If you're trying to "maximize tank dps at all costs" you could gem and reforge some crit.

but for the most part your best bet is to continue stacking avoidance and wait for some better trinkets.

• Like 3