Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Second Source Allegedly Confirms The Burning Crusade Classic Beta in March 2021

Recommended Posts

DBF6X0b.jpg

Nano from the Nostalrius project is back with a second source that allegedly confirmed that Phase 6 and Naxxrammas are planned for early December 2020 with The Burning Crusade Classic Beta launching in March 2021, and we also find out that TBC Classic may launch sooner than expected.

Barrens Chat reports that Nano had a second source confirming Phase 6 rollout and details about TBC Classic. Obviously, nothing has been officially confirmed yet by Blizzard so take the rumor with a grain of salt.

Placeholder for tweet 1308431009365585920

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I kinda don't get the point of WoW classic anymore if it will get expansions as well. Sounds kinda dumb to me just re-releasing expansions again. Everyone liked Wrath of the Lich King so they should go with it at start.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how they are going to do it. Separate servers for BC, while leaving Classic intact? Allowing people to migrate? Feels like this would spread player base too much.

Edited by Arcling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kaelos said:

So I kinda don't get the point of WoW classic anymore if it will get expansions as well. Sounds kinda dumb to me just re-releasing expansions again. Everyone liked Wrath of the Lich King so they should go with it at start.

that's a very closed minded thing to believe, like you think everyone liked wotlk more than vanilla/tbc which is just factually incorrect

either way, I think that p6 in december is hella early and probably not going to happen. I think some servers still do not have the gates open, or at least only did very recently. p6 is probably in january

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Arcling said:

I wonder how they are going to do it. Separate servers for BC, while leaving Classic intact? Allowing people to migrate? Feels like this would spread player base too much.

I started playing in late Vanilla and have played every expansion; TBC was my favorite expansion by far.  It was effectively Vanilla with much needed bug fixes and systems improvements without doing a full overhaul like WotLK and Cata did.  Back in TBC I thought it was awesome how we were effectively the antagonists.  We were invading Outland and we were toppling Illidan who we thought was a Dictator despite him actually being on our side.

I like how we are the a-holes in TBC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, geofferson said:

  We were invading Outland and we were toppling Illidan who we thought was a Dictator despite him actually being on our side.

Just to carry on the 'hundred different perspectives' thing, I thought this soft retconning of Illidan and the demon hunters was out and out the worst thing from Legion. ?

 

1 hour ago, Arcling said:

I wonder how they are going to do it. Separate servers for BC, while leaving Classic intact? Allowing people to migrate? Feels like this would spread player base too much.

I'm going to guess separate servers with character copy for level 60s. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geofferson said:

I started playing in late Vanilla and have played every expansion; TBC was my favorite expansion by far.  It was effectively Vanilla with much needed bug fixes and systems improvements without doing a full overhaul like WotLK and Cata did.  Back in TBC I thought it was awesome how we were effectively the antagonists.  We were invading Outland and we were toppling Illidan who we thought was a Dictator despite him actually being on our side.

I like how we are the a-holes in TBC.

Burning Crusade was when I started raiding. Overall, I liked it, but some of it's systems and balance were rather wonky. 

Many of Illidan's actions can't be considered good, using broken draenei as slaves and forcefully converting more orcs into fel orcs, among other things. Wouldn't call him a good guy back then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 1:21 AM, Arcling said:

Wouldn't call him a good guy back then.

Of course, he is not. He is an anti-hero, chaotic in nature, and his motivation cannot be seen in TBC. The only thing we know of him at that time is his hunger for power. 

And to be honest I wouldn't call Legion storyline a retcon. It feels more like his actions was given context. 

I don't want to go to extremes, but let's just say that his ultimately good goal does not justify his actions. 

Edited by Yolo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 6:38 PM, Halock said:

Just to carry on the 'hundred different perspectives' thing, I thought this soft retconning of Illidan and the demon hunters was out and out the worst thing from Legion. ?

Maybe official Lore but I played a Night Elf Rogue with the Blindfold face option in Vanilla back in 2006 because what I really wanted to play was a Demon Hunter.  Night Elf Rogue was the closest thing.

Gotta remember WC3 was still recent and Illidan was a Tragic Hero not a Villian.  Even At the Time it was very Weird to the Player base that we were going after Illidan.  Even end game story in TBC doesn't make you feel like you are the good guy.

It really wasn't a Retcon in Legion, Legion just nailed it home that we were the bad guys canonically in TBC.

Edited by geofferson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 11:20 PM, Kaelos said:

So I kinda don't get the point of WoW classic anymore if it will get expansions as well. Sounds kinda dumb to me just re-releasing expansions again. Everyone liked Wrath of the Lich King so they should go with it at start.

Burning Crusade was waaay more interesting for me, rather than this Wrath thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 11:49 PM, GBeast said:

that's a very closed minded thing to believe, like you think everyone liked wotlk more than vanilla/tbc which is just factually incorrect

either way, I think that p6 in december is hella early and probably not going to happen. I think some servers still do not have the gates open, or at least only did very recently. p6 is probably in january

So they will roll out over Vanilla? Why not make different servers, for different games. This way if you want to stick to Vanilla, you can. I'm waiting for BC myself tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2020 at 11:35 PM, Arcling said:

I wonder how they are going to do it. Separate servers for BC, while leaving Classic intact? Allowing people to migrate? Feels like this would spread player base too much.

I hope they do it.

Edited by Znifler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2020 at 12:38 AM, Halock said:

Just to carry on the 'hundred different perspectives' thing, I thought this soft retconning of Illidan and the demon hunters was out and out the worst thing from Legion. ?

 

I'm going to guess separate servers with character copy for level 60s. 

How is it soft retconning? He always had good intentions.

Edited by Znifler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/26/2020 at 2:00 AM, Znifler said:

So they will roll out over Vanilla? Why not make different servers, for different games. This way if you want to stick to Vanilla, you can. I'm waiting for BC myself tho. 

??? what makes you think I am saying that? I was contradicting the guy who was saying that there's no point to not start from wotlk

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, GBeast said:

??? what makes you think I am saying that? I was contradicting the guy who was saying that there's no point to not start from wotlk

I was actually on your side here but ok... I was asking a question. 

Edited by Znifler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Staff
      Blizzard games like World of Warcraft, Hearthstone, and Overwatch 2 might soon make a comeback in China, thanks to Blizzard reportedly teaming up again with NetEase.
      The news comes from Core Esports, which suggests Blizzard's game services could be back by the end of March or the beginning of April.
      After 14 years of partnership, Blizzard and NetEase hit a rough patch in 2022, leading to failed negotiations. Consequently, when the licensing agreement concluded on January 23, 2023, Blizzard's game services were suspended across mainland China.
      For more details, you can check out the article in Chinese or find an English translation by Amy Chen on esports.gg.
    • By Staff
      As the Microsoft-Activision deal closes, Bobby Kotick will only stay on as CEO through the end of the year and leave on January 1, 2024.
      Placeholder for tweet 1712818483442987422 Based on the value of his shares, Robert Kotick will leave with around $400 million and if Microsoft/Xbox wants to get rid of Kotick, he will also receive a minimum payout of $250 million.

      Image courtesy of Dexterto.
    • By Staff
      According to WSJ, Bobby Kotick, former CEO of Activision Blizzard, has floated the idea of buying TikTok to potential partners.
      Former Activision Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick has reportedly shown interest in purchasing TikTok, as legislation in the U.S. threatens to ban or force the sale of the popular app over national security concerns.
      Kotick is said to be seeking partners for the potential acquisition, discussing the opportunity with notable figures including OpenAI CEO Sam Altman. The move comes amid growing scrutiny over TikTok's data privacy practices and its ties to China, with U.S. lawmakers pushing for decisive action.
      You can read the whole news piece over at WSJ.
      Bobby Kotick left his position at Activision Blizzard in December 2023 after Microsoft finalized its purchase of the company. Post-acquisition, he reportedly received over $375 million, as detailed by Forbes.
      Source: WSJ 
×
×
  • Create New...