FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Akraen

Housecleaning :)

Hey community. Kver and I are tidying up a little bit, so that information on our pinned/stickied copies can be a little bit easier to find.

Now's a great time for everyone to chip in suggestions as to which info we put in which thread/guide.

If you have any ideas, thoughts, suggestions to help make information more readily available, let us know.

In the meantime, if you are trying to find something and can't-- let us know, we won't lose any precious mage info!

• Like 2

I know the FAQ looks awful now. Working on it.

We're trying to be as careful with this as we possible can; if you feel that we've accidentally removed something that should be there please tell us immediately. If we missed giving somebody credit somewhere in one of the many merges, tell us immediately as well.

The stickies imo could be organized slightly better, by having:

1) A generic posting guidelines thread.

2) One tier-specific thread; keep both threads when a patch is just released and until about a month into it.

3) Merge the snapshotting guide with the FAQ thread (still including macros ofc).

3) Have 3 spec-specific threads. Since right now there seems to be less information on IV about Arcane, maybe you could start a general discussion thread for it. I love Akraen's formatting for his guide and it'd be awesome if we could have 3 guides like that, but i realize that's a lot of effort.

5) I feel like the levelling thread could be rolled over a full guide like the spec-specific ones; the current one just covers 80-90. A sticky is fine too if that's not possible.

If you need any help with organizing forum posts with bbcode or anything similar i'll be happy to help. Sadly i can't help with writing since i am only running Normal mode after a very extended break.

Edited by TLTeo

I'm just too busy - but if someone wants to get me the info for arcane, with a detailed summary-- I can give it a presentation makeover and post it.

I still think Kver's guide should be visual too.

I'm not sure if my guide would look any good visual. It's also very WIP so it'll be difficult for me to alter it easily. I'll merge the snapshotting guide in tonight, I'm just thinking about the best way to do it without making it look ugly or weird. 

And if you know anybody who can actually write a guide of that level for Arcane do send them in our direction.

The stickies imo could be organized slightly better, by having:

1) A generic posting guidelines thread.

2) One tier-specific thread; keep both threads when a patch is just released and until about a month into it.

3) Merge the snapshotting guide with the FAQ thread (still including macros ofc).

3) Have 3 spec-specific threads. Since right now there seems to be less information on IV about Arcane, maybe you could start a general discussion thread for it. I love Akraen's formatting for his guide and it'd be awesome if we could have 3 guides like that, but i realize that's a lot of effort.

5) I feel like the levelling thread could be rolled over a full guide like the spec-specific ones; the current one just covers 80-90. A sticky is fine too if that's not possible.

If you need any help with organizing forum posts with bbcode or anything similar i'll be happy to help. Sadly i can't help with writing since i am only running Normal mode after a very extended break.

We cannot set the order of the stickied threads unfortunately. The one with the newest post will be on top.

1) That is not up to us, although we could implement something for mages only, ofc.

3) Agreed.

4) When we will have enough information to be shared about arcane, we will post it. But right now, we have like one or two arcane specific post per month, so the demand for guide for arcane, and also the willingness of people chit-chatting about arcane seems to be so low. There are other things that are more important right now.

Yep, the formatting could be improved.

5) No.. I can't be bothered with that.. biggrin.png Frost is simply the best leveling spec and I cannot be argued about this. I will not invest a lot of time into something unnecessary. Ofc is one of our readers is bored enough to do them, we are happy to let them to.

We cannot set the order of the stickied threads unfortunately. The one with the newest post will be on top.

1) That is not up to us, although we could implement something for mages only, ofc.

3) Agreed.

4) When we will have enough information to be shared about arcane, we will post it. But right now, we have like one or two arcane specific post per month, so the demand for guide for arcane, and also the willingness of people chit-chatting about arcane seems to be so low. There are other things that are more important right now.

Yep, the formatting could be improved.

5) No.. I can't be bothered with that.. biggrin.png Frost is simply the best leveling spec and I cannot be argued about this. I will not invest a lot of time into something unnecessary. Ofc is one of our readers is bored enough to do them, we are happy to let them to.

Yeah. Unfortunately, MMO-CHamp still is favored for most Arcane Mages. Voltaa and Cycobi are very active there

Yeah. Unfortunately, MMO-CHamp still is favored for most Arcane Mages. Voltaa and Cycobi are very active there

Well, I wouldn't say it's unfortunate. :) We just share the readers and the work.

They are doing a fine work there with arcane mages and we do well with frost mages.

As for fire, we should be doing fine with Kver now. :P

Well, I wouldn't say it's unfortunate. smile.png We just share the readers and the work.

They are doing a fine work there with arcane mages and we do well with frost mages.

As for fire, we should be doing fine with Kver now. tongue.png

I am an entity which shifts from void to void. The abyss guards the secrets of this inconceivable realm of infallible stratagems. Ultimately, the true path to wisdom is found in the consummation of reason.

Or we could just discuss stuff, I dunno.

• Like 2