FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Terris

I suck at affliction and need help

After a very long time auto-congratulating myself playing destruction, i recently took up affli as a second spec specifically for Protectors in SOO. And i suck at it.

I'm ilvl 563 with 2 piece bonus, KTT and PBI.

So of course i read every guide, optimized my equipment to stack up on haste up to a lvl compatible with destruction (10124) and started rolling.

I do come out on top of other classes as expected, but by such a ridiculous margin that i might as well play destro where the dps is lower but at least i know i didn't fuck up.

Best i could manage was 397K dps, usually i'm lower.

Here is my opener :

Apply 3 dots to trigger procs (i leave CoE to another warlock)

Malefic grasp to buff up Agony

Dark Soul + Lifeblood macro as soon as dots are up

Snapshot dots

Apply Haunt on Main target

inhale

exhale on next target, throw a haunt

inhale

exhale on next target, throw a haunt

go back to target 1, haunt and malefic grasp

Overall during the fight, i try to maintain all 3 dots on target, refresh when procs are up, and haunt on current priority target.

Yet my dps is very poor.

I'll put a log when i get one, forgot to parse...

Thanks for the input

Logs or gtfo.

Telling me what you do and showing me what you do is worlds different, 99% of the time someone comes to me and says "I do X, Y, Z, why does my dps suck?" the answer is: "Because you did A, B, C, D, E, you never used X and you used Z once."

• Like 2

It looks like you want to exploit the Soul Swap trick only you do it wrong (don't know if it's a typo from your side). You need to HOLD the DoTs-info while you Haunt/MG to prolong the empowered DoTs for 3 secs each time which means you need the Inhales and Exhales in your sequence to switch places.

So it's

exhale on next target

inhale

throw a Haunt/MG

exhale on next target

inhale

throw a Haunt/MG

etc.

You probably do it that way already but that was not what you wrote smile.png

It looks like you want to exploit the Soul Swap trick only you do it wrong (don't know if it's a typo from your side). You need to HOLD the DoTs-info while you Haunt/MG to prolong the empowered DoTs for 3 secs each time which means you need the Inhales and Exhales in your sequence to switch places.

So it's

exhale on next target

inhale

throw a Haunt/MG

exhale on next target

inhale

throw a Haunt/MG

etc.

You probably do it that way already but that was not what you wrote smile.png

Thanks for the input.

I actually cast haunt AFTER exhale, when i should be doing the opposite.

Been going trough logs of high lvl affliction lock to get the cast sequence down so hopefully i'll nail it.

Lockybalboa: i didn't come here for indepth logs analysis but a short opener rotation check, because i don't understand it after reading the guides in here. I'll post logs when i think i got better.

Edited by Terris

Lockybalboa: i didn't come here for indepth logs analysis but a short opener rotation check, because i don't understand it after reading the guides in here. I'll post logs when i think i got better.

It's impossible for us to answer the question of you asking why your DPS is low without logs.  We don't particularly care what you THINK you're doing.  We care what you're ACTUALLY doing.  Anyone can copy and paste someone's rotation and say they're doing it, but we can actually look to see if you're really doing it.  If you don't have logs, your question isn't going to be answered and we're just going to refer you to the guides. 

• Like 2