FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Shadowlands WoD Leveling Speed Nerfed, 1-50 Leveling Will Take Significantly Longer

yMHb2pK.jpg

DesMephisto is constantly speed leveling, and so we get some timely updates with any changes regarding the flow of XP on the beta, and today we have some bad news. Warlords of Draenor has long been the king of speed leveling on the beta, since the level squish, as we recently saw in MRGMs overview as well and, unfortunately, Blizzard have taken notice.

As DesMephisto noticed, bonus objectives in WoD, one of the biggest sources of fast XP, have been nerfed by 66%. But that's not all, as Gorgrond, which used to be significantly higher XP than other WoD zones, was also nerfed around 40%:

This change brings the expansion more in line with others in Chromie time, although it will still probably/definitely be the fastest, but not by as much. In total, this will add about 2 hours for both speed levels and average players, getting the 1-50 total up to 7 hours for the hardcore crowd and about 10-12 for regular players.

Source.

• Like 1

Who is even going to do WoD when the pre-patch goes live???

I mean sure, if a new player starts playing, they will likely do it all, but the rest of us will likely not even go there again since we can go somewhere else and not be forced there for 10 levels.

Maybe its just me that hates the whole expansion content...

nerfing the xp is a good move because now people will spread out over other xpacs and not have like 60-70% of all players just in WoD since without this change im sure most high pop servers WoD zones would look like a new xpac go released

46 minutes ago, Lithari said:

I mean sure, if a new player starts playing, they will likely do it all, but the rest of us will likely not even go there again since we can go somewhere else and not be forced there for 10 levels.

Well, tbh, it's better to have one expac that no one uses, than to have only 1 out of 7 to be used because  it's the most op

58 minutes ago, Lithari said:

I'm with you on this thinking, but knowing that most people will just go to the past of least resistance in all things, there would have definitely been more people in WoD zones than any other region.  Especially true with Draenor flying being made accessible without Pathfinder.  I might have even gone there (and may still) only because I didn't play Tanaan Jungle enough to fully explore when it was current.

I haven’t been following this closely, but I’m assuming from the way folks are talking about the new leveling stuff that the Draenor treasures (and presumably the Pandaria treasures, too) have been nerfed for experience?

That’s how I leveled the majority of my alts through WoD 😆 (other than having to repeat the opening questline to get to the garrison. every. single. time.)

1 hour ago, Lithari said:

The content is bad, but picking up the bonus XP from world objectives with addon help was a no-brainer route. It was technically solo powerleveling.

17 minutes ago, Trest said:

I haven’t been following this closely, but I’m assuming from the way folks are talking about the new leveling stuff that the Draenor treasures (and presumably the Pandaria treasures, too) have been nerfed for experience?

That’s how I leveled the majority of my alts through WoD 😆 (other than having to repeat the opening questline to get to the garrison. every. single. time.)

Treasures are still untouched and really good XP in WoD, dunno about MoP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lithari said:

Many people would have before the nerfs, when you're leveling your like 3rd 4th 5th alt you just want to be done asap. They might after the nerfs too as I think it's still the fastest expansion.

17 minutes ago, Trest said:

18 minutes ago, Trest said:

You know you could just go to the cave on Timeless Isle and skip the whole Draenor intro scenario, right?

4 hours ago, Lithari said:

You don't seem to understand how leveling works in Shadowlands my dude, you'd be spending a lot more than 10 levels there and wod was the fastest out of all the expansions by far. Probably still will be, just not by as much. Not to mention that much more than new players are planning to level alts in prepatch lol

And you're definitely the only person to hate wod questing, that was one of the highlights of that expansion and still one of the quickest, most efficient parts of leveling to this day

Edited by gankhill

Well, with the new leveling process, you can actually choose the expansion you want to level in.......everyone will have their preferences, which is fine, i am just glad you can choose the 10-50 experience, instead of having to do specific content to level up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this