FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Unaredon

Disc need help with hc Spoils of Padaria

Hi all, our guild is currently progressed 9/14 hc, however we stuck at spoils because i can't heal through the damage. We are 10-man raiding and i'm in charge of the heal in one room. In the Mogu room, it seems that I cannot heal through the aoe damage, my PoH seems useless here. I pre-casted spirit shield, put pw:s on every one for the next aoe, still even if i heal through the damage my mana is empty.

I use the critic build, twisted fate+cascade, with 571 ilvl. my rl said disc priest have advantage in mogu room but i don;t see it. Any suggestions?

mogu room is easier with raid wide mit cds and support healing cds. any paladin or warrior can handle the mit cd, and dps sham or spriest can assist with support heals.

on ten man its harder because the group is smaller and everyone wont have the right classes to make the fight much easier. if you cannot get the classes together, coordinated personal mit cds will be your only option.

a few thing that might help you out a bit. i know your in a crit build but your haste only has 2% if you want to aoe heal you need more haste. Prayer of Healing, is 2.5 sec and that a huge time to get off 1 heal. i would up your spirit too, your on the low end of spirit you can up it to 13k and be just fine.  i would get rid of glyph of fade. and pick up Glyph of Binding Heal or Glyph of Prayer of Mending that might help you out with aoe healing.

I pre-casted spirit shield, put pw:s on every one for the next aoe, that part of your issues, when you cast pw:s it uses 6.1% of your mana amusing you have 5 people in the room that 30.5% of your total mana that huge even with Rapture. it equals 100k mana . that huge.

over all cant really help you that much with out seeing logs on that fight.

Edited by ClaytonMcKown

Thx! I'll upload the log for our next week's fights and see how you guys could help.

Though it feels like disc priest is not so good at heal itself: i mean the smart healing and absorb is definitely very useful in raid environment, but in situations like hc spoils it feels weak, i just can't heal through with the normal rotation.

most

Thx! I'll upload the log for our next week's fights and see how you guys could help.

Though it feels like disc priest is not so good at heal itself: i mean the smart Rapture is definitely very useful in raid environment, but in situations like hc spoils it feels weak, i just can't heal through with the normal rotation.

most people feel that way because it a " un natual way to heal" you dont heal like people think. most people think it like holy healing like a holy priest or a pally or nature healing like a druid or shaman would. people view shedding as not real healing

As Disc, the more times you see the fight the better you'll become at it.  That is as long as you're watching your boss mods and personal CDs learning more and more nuances of the encounters.  You'll know when and where are the proper Min/Max times to use your abilities.  Disc is not weak in this encounter and hopefully we can get you in the right direction w/ some logs.  I'd recommend using Warcraft Logs and turning on Advanced Combat Logging in your game settings if you havent done so yet.