FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Frost Death Knight PvE

Guest Tytain

When will the guide be updated to compare 2H weapons to dual-wield. 

The guide still says: Despite historically being able to use both Two-Handed weapons and to dual-wield One-Handed weapons, Frost Death Knights can now only use most of their damaging abilities if they are using One-Handed Weapons. As a result, the Two-Handed playstyle is dead. 

in the optional readings.

On 10/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, vulture said:

With the release of pre-patch, what now are the best rune forging enchants to use? 

For 2h Fallen Crusader, for Dual Wield Fallen Crusader Main Hand, Razorice Off-hand!

On 10/23/2020 at 5:43 AM, Guest Tytain said:

When will the guide be updated to compare 2H weapons to dual-wield. 

The guide still says: Despite historically being able to use both Two-Handed weapons and to dual-wield One-Handed weapons, Frost Death Knights can now only use most of their damaging abilities if they are using One-Handed Weapons. As a result, the Two-Handed playstyle is dead. 

in the optional readings.

Currently Dual Wield doesn't compete with 2H until we hit level 58 in Shadowlands and then Obliteration 2H is very competitive.

Guest Diarmund

So you say after 58 is  both specs are competitive? Any checks on that or is it pure sim ?

On 11/28/2020 at 2:55 PM, Guest Diarmund said:

So you say after 58 is  both specs are competitive? Any checks on that or is it pure sim ?

Yes, the Killing Machine Rank 2 pushes 2h Obliteration to be a competitive build.

Guest JekkThrenn
20 hours ago, Abyssalwave said:

Yes, the Killing Machine Rank 2 pushes 2h Obliteration to be a competitive build.

Is there anywhere i can find a solid 2H oblit build? every one i find is different in almost every category except obliteration.

Guest asdf

I canno t seriously take a guide that still has crap like this

Dual-Wielding Versus Two-Handed

Despite historically being able to use both Two-Handed weapons and to dual-wield One-Handed weapons, Frost Death Knights can now only use most of their damaging abilities if they are using One-Handed Weapons. As a result, the Two-Handed playstyle is dead.

Thanks for the guide.

If a frost dk takes Frozen Pulse or Avalanche (not Frostscythe) does he spend his Runes to spam Obliterate or Howling Blast (without Rime proc)?

Remorseless Winter is just once every 20 seconds so DK has plenty of runes to spend on something.

11 hours ago, Bogdanov89 said:

Thanks for the guide.

If a frost dk takes Frozen Pulse or Avalanche (not Frostscythe) does he spend his Runes to spam Obliterate or Howling Blast (without Rime proc)?

Remorseless Winter is just once every 20 seconds so DK has plenty of runes to spend on something.

Obliterate, only use Howling blast with Rime or if there are a ton of targets to apply frost fever!

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 1:58 PM, SuperPranx said:

In the Lady Inerva tips section, it's said that Mind Freeze is on GCD. This is not correct. You can Mind Freeze at any time, regardless of GCD.

I am currently in the process of reviewing and fixing all of Frost/Unholy, I do have that part of the section changed I'm just waiting for everything to be done to submit it all. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thanks for the great guide.

2H Frost DKs use only Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Glacial Advance talent will apply Razorice in AOE even for them.

Does that 15% bonus to frost damage on all targets make Glacial Advance better than Gathering Storm for 2H?

Guest Trystiana
On 1/29/2021 at 6:59 AM, Bogdanov89 said:

2H Frost DKs use only Rune of the Fallen Crusader and Glacial Advance talent will apply Razorice in AOE even for them.

Does that 15% bonus to frost damage on all targets make Glacial Advance better than Gathering Storm for 2H?

That's something I've never thought of and I'm currently doing 2h but with razorice rune to burst and idk why I haven't thought about applying razorice debut via glacial advance.

Any updates on the runeforging?  Sims are consistently choosing Hysteria and fallen for DW for me.  I find it hard to believe that Razorice doesn't make the cut.

21 hours ago, Xendren said:

Any updates on the runeforging?  Sims are consistently choosing Hysteria and fallen for DW for me.  I find it hard to believe that Razorice doesn't make the cut.

Yeah that is very weird since Razorice is far better than Hysteria, I would just use Razorice+Fallen Crusader.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:59 AM, Bogdanov89 said:

It does not, Gathering Storm is so powerful especially since we use the Everfrost conduit and we are able to stack it up for high so fast.

• Like 1

Guest BIS Legs mythic +

Guess what I learned today?!?! Biting Cold cannot go into a leg piece!

On 3/15/2021 at 7:16 PM, Guest BIS Legs mythic + said:

Guess what I learned today?!?! Biting Cold cannot go into a leg piece!

That's exactly the same thing I learned when I was crafting my first legendary!
And, as an added bonus, I had bought a Tier 4 leg piece before learning that lesson XD

Guest Bukavac

I have a question, in case of the Nightfae covenant, is Death’s Due use in the single target rotation?

Guest Smoxxie-Grizzly Hill

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've followed the talent build. I've switched between Permafrost and Death Pact and neither make much difference. I'm in the Venthyr Covenant (I cannot change this as I'm running it with someone). I have the buff macro, and hit Obliterate and Howling Blast when they proc (I'm DW Oblit btw). My ilevel is 197 (I think) and some encounters still beat me down. Rares in the Maw, even with a big group, tend to 1-3 shot me. I've followed this guide best I can. I've even added Death Strike to increase my survivability and it still doesn't help much. My runes are razorice main hand and fallen crusader off.

On 7/12/2021 at 9:01 PM, Guest Smoxxie-Grizzly Hill said:

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I've followed the talent build. I've switched between Permafrost and Death Pact and neither make much difference. I'm in the Venthyr Covenant (I cannot change this as I'm running it with someone). I have the buff macro, and hit Obliterate and Howling Blast when they proc (I'm DW Oblit btw). My ilevel is 197 (I think) and some encounters still beat me down. Rares in the Maw, even with a big group, tend to 1-3 shot me. I've followed this guide best I can. I've even added Death Strike to increase my survivability and it still doesn't help much. My runes are razorice main hand and fallen crusader off.

I just think you don't have a lot of gear yet. You will notice as you gain ilvls that the world content becomes far easier!

On 6/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, Guest Bukavac said:

I have a question, in case of the Nightfae covenant, is Death’s Due use in the single target rotation?

Yes