FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Holy Paladin Shadowlands

Hi, you may want to add a caveat that if you're capping on Holy power and you don't forsee immediately needing to double cast WoG/LoD (which is the only justification for banking 5) then Shield of the Righteous is an alternative spender. It's also off the GCD which lets you weave it in as an oGCD if you're capping and don't need it. This also turns Holy Avenger into a DPS cooldown because you can just SotR immediately after holy shocks without wasting GCDs.

idk i think it's at least worth a section, especially for newer players that aren't very familiar with Hpal and holy power

5 hours ago, Thumbtacks said:

Hi, you may want to add a caveat that if you're capping on Holy power and you don't forsee immediately needing to double cast WoG/LoD (which is the only justification for banking 5) then Shield of the Righteous is an alternative spender. It's also off the GCD which lets you weave it in as an oGCD if you're capping and don't need it. This also turns Holy Avenger into a DPS cooldown because you can just SotR immediately after holy shocks without wasting GCDs.

idk i think it's at least worth a section, especially for newer players that aren't very familiar with Hpal and holy power

Definitely something I will add in the next updates to the guide. When I originally made the updates for the Shadowlands changes, I wasn't sure how I wanted to cover SotR. In raiding you will only use it when there is nothing else to do and you are at risk of capping Holy Power like you mentioned, Mythic+ will see a lot more use for sure. Will try to add some information about it in the guide whether it be a paragraph or just fitting it into the rotation when there is no healing to do.