FORUMS
positiv2

Holy Paladin PvE

Hi, you may want to add a caveat that if you're capping on Holy power and you don't forsee immediately needing to double cast WoG/LoD (which is the only justification for banking 5) then Shield of the Righteous is an alternative spender. It's also off the GCD which lets you weave it in as an oGCD if you're capping and don't need it. This also turns Holy Avenger into a DPS cooldown because you can just SotR immediately after holy shocks without wasting GCDs.

idk i think it's at least worth a section, especially for newer players that aren't very familiar with Hpal and holy power

5 hours ago, Thumbtacks said:

Hi, you may want to add a caveat that if you're capping on Holy power and you don't forsee immediately needing to double cast WoG/LoD (which is the only justification for banking 5) then Shield of the Righteous is an alternative spender. It's also off the GCD which lets you weave it in as an oGCD if you're capping and don't need it. This also turns Holy Avenger into a DPS cooldown because you can just SotR immediately after holy shocks without wasting GCDs.

idk i think it's at least worth a section, especially for newer players that aren't very familiar with Hpal and holy power

Definitely something I will add in the next updates to the guide. When I originally made the updates for the Shadowlands changes, I wasn't sure how I wanted to cover SotR. In raiding you will only use it when there is nothing else to do and you are at risk of capping Holy Power like you mentioned, Mythic+ will see a lot more use for sure. Will try to add some information about it in the guide whether it be a paragraph or just fitting it into the rotation when there is no healing to do. 

Guest Husky

Hi there,

First up thanks for all of the work you do on the Holy Paladin page. 

I've just gone back to playing my paladin since Uldir and I am enjoying it very much. I have noticed that the soulbind conduit trees do not have a conduit in them, however the Prot and Ret pages do. Could you please put in the recommended conduits? 

Thanks again!

On 12/4/2020 at 11:29 PM, Guest Husky said:

Hi there,

First up thanks for all of the work you do on the Holy Paladin page. 

I've just gone back to playing my paladin since Uldir and I am enjoying it very much. I have noticed that the soulbind conduit trees do not have a conduit in them, however the Prot and Ret pages do. Could you please put in the recommended conduits? 

Thanks again!

Hey! So when I made the soulbind trees I chose to leave out the conduits from the trees because for the most part, your choice of conduits will depend on what you have available and what item level they are. On the covenants/soulbinds page I broke it down a bit more in-depth but there are a lot of variables.  The best way to compare which conduit is best based on what you have available is to use the site: https://questionablyepic.com/live/. Which will allow you to compare the gear you have available to determine what is best. 

I will definitely revaluate how I went about it though and see if I can put some conduits in the trees. Thanks for the feedback!

So this one is seems pretty open depending on Talent choices, but for the purposes of my add-on, I've gone with the following as a standard set based on the information available:

Spread Group: (Leech) > Int > Crit > Haste > Mast > Vers
Close Group: (Leech) > Int > Mast > Crit > Haste > Vers
Glimmer: Int > Haste > Mast > Vers > Crit
Dungeon: (Leech) > Int > Crit > Haste > Vers > Mast"

Spread and Close are for standard healing depending on the situation, referring to the note regarding Mastery. Glimmer is now a talent choice build that focuses on buffing damage rather than just healing. Dungeon is mythics of course.

Guest Eniee

Hi. Thanks for the guide. Please check the infusion of light  segment, it is inaccurate. Flash of light cost is reduced, not the cast time.

Great guide but I must say that using Regenerating Materials rather than the recommended Resilient Plumage in the Mikanikos tree saves a lot of money in repair cost, especially when you're working on raid progression. It doesn't change the rest of the tree to select it. Plumage seems a bit arbitrary and extremely situational to me.

Hey there,

I was wondering which legendary 2 use as a necro holy paly. since the covenant leggy is already bis.

Thanks

Greetings

Edited by Aelun
dont need to release found the thread

Guest Kamie

In the 10.0.7 m+ build not to include dispel disease and poison is a HARD BIG FAIL.

Guest Murf

Hey, you have a dagger listed as BiS weapon for a Paladin to aim for... 

Guest Glaive

Just wanting to let you guys know the M+ holy pally talents for 10.1 Dragonflight are broken and certain talents are skipped entirely making it impossible to use the build as it is currently.

On 6/16/2023 at 1:26 AM, Guest Glaive said:

Just wanting to let you guys know the M+ holy pally talents for 10.1 Dragonflight are broken and certain talents are skipped entirely making it impossible to use the build as it is currently.

Thank you for reporting this! I think I have found the issue and it should be updated shortly! 

On 6/19/2023 at 4:46 PM, Mytholxgy said:

Thank you for reporting this! I think I have found the issue and it should be updated shortly! 

Here is an updated string that moves talent points around for increased mobility and survivability:
-2 Talent Points in Turn EvilTurn Evil
+1 Talent Point in ObduracyObduracy
+1 Talent Point in Sanctified PlatesSanctified Plates

BEEAS+uMNo6HaxL/ztTZBhrdcCABAABAQAAACQJJQUSLJ0EpIRSJwBaJCSQSRCJJEpxBIJCAIAAgQA

Icy Veins Talent Calculator Link:
https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/dragonflight-talent-calculator#2--65$aacfgklopq0sstvwxyAABBC1DFGHIJJPQ+a0bcdik0lm1nops1uwx0zAACDDE0FFKL1MMNP*

Guest SASSY

Very Informative guide. Do you think the pally play style will change when glimmer gets buff or when they do a bit of the rework?

Uncommon Patron

The Mythic+ talent build at the top notes having big cooldowns like Tyr's Deliverance, but it's not in the spec for M+.

Edited by glyneth
wrong talent name

Hi. Back on my Holydin after a long break (I was alienated by the mastery change around about 5.0 I think it was) and rarely play paladin these days.

Is there a priority list for Holydin defensive stats ?

I took a shield out of the vault today with 11K block and my first thought was oooooh, that'll help when I am standing in bad, next to the tank and in top 5 dmg taken. But then I thought.......what does block, actually block ?

1. 1 on 1 physical

2. Cleave physical

3. All AOE.

I chose the shield as I do all my solo PvE in Prot and only heal at an LFR/Heroic level. So not a terrible mistake either way. But clearly I am hoping for but not expecting it to be option #3. I did get the shield while in Holy spec. Perhaps Blizz is testing how much (or little) I know about the spec 🙂

Guest Dubears

Hello, just wanted to let you know that there is not anything listed in the enchants list about the legs. Obviously i know its temporal spellthread but its not listed and noobies may not know to look for one if its not on the list.