FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Protection Paladin

On 11/30/2020 at 11:34 PM, Guest LiveguyCC said:

Relentless Inquisitor is listed as the best legendary effect for raiding as Protection. But relentless Inquisitor is Retribution only. Does it still function if you equip it as Ret the switch to Prot?

Apologies for the late response here. You could craft it as Retribution spec and use it as any, but it seems blizzard got wise of this and just made it a generic paladin legendary! Much simpler! Pages will be updated to reflect this shortly.

On 11/30/2020 at 8:33 PM, Guest Cal said:

So according to our Stat Prio. Haste and Mastery are top.
So why isn't Wrathbark GreathelmWrathbark Greathelm our BiS from 5 Mans?

Drops from Ingra Maloch in Mists of Tirna Scithe, is it preferred to have some gear with other Secondary stats that aren't top in Stat Prio.?

Just curious, thanks for all the info in this guide.

Hello,

The reason for this is a bit complex, and i'll be updating the stat page accordingly with this answer.

Your main goal at the moment it to reach a point where you are comfortable with your flow of Holy Power. At ~20% haste you will have more than enough rotational Holy Power to achieve very high uptimes on Shield of the Righteous. As a result of this, the value of other stats starts to skyrocket in comparison. That's why the options here are not haste heavy.

Whilst it's not a haste cap per se, its a point where other stats become more valuable.

Guest Hansi

Had the same question about the haste thing.

Other question: what potency conduit is BiS now? Is it still Punish the guilty, even though Blizzard nerfed it?

Guest Madoyon

Punish the GuiltyPunish the Guilty has been nerfed significantly on December, 4 2020 and now it deals 70% less damage. It's just 18% bonus for my 171 ilvl one now. What a pity. It was such a fun to run it on random BGs devastating anything and not dying. I think it's time to look for an alternative for both PvE and PvP since 18% bonus to Shield of the RighteousShield of the Righteous is not a big deal now.

On 12/5/2020 at 11:14 PM, Guest Hansi said:

Other question: what potency conduit is BiS now? Is it still Punish the guilty, even though Blizzard nerfed it?

On 12/6/2020 at 1:04 AM, Guest Madoyon said:

Punish the GuiltyPunish the Guilty has been nerfed significantly on December, 4 2020 and now it deals 70% less damage. It's just 18% bonus for my 171 ilvl one now. What a pity. It was such a fun to run it on random BGs devastating anything and not dying. I think it's time to look for an alternative for both PvE and PvP since 18% bonus to Shield of the RighteousShield of the Righteous is not a big deal now.

Hey,

The adjustment to the conduit moved it from best by a large margin, to best by a small margin. Nothing really changed with the order  you want your conduits just that it's less powerful.

Whilst the numbers pay seem like a huge reduction, in total this equated to a ~4% DPS reduction.

Guest Points of Conflict

level 35 I use Cavalier, which allows me as a Tank to get to the Boss faster or Escape from Ground AOE's that pull you into them such as Theater pf Pain last boss. Grasping Rift comes to mind as for the level 50 talent I've been using Righteous Protector because it allows for faster recharging of Avenging Wrath & Guardians of the Ancient Kings... AV means I can start the combat with it turned on and have access to it a lot faster  Each Hammer of Wrath is 3 Charges of Light or 3 seconds less, each Word of Glory is also 3 charges, so if I was to count how often I use them I'd say at least 3 Hammers and 4 WoG per minute or 21 seconds per minute, 30 seconds per 2 which mean AV every 2min  18 seconds lets say for argument sake 2½ min CD on AV and GoAK CD to 4min. so you're shaving off 1 min off each ability.  I'll try your way but just saving Righteous Protector is helpful if your using your spell rotation correctly. I'm not number cruncher but I'm 100% sure someone who reads our comments will be and give us the best numbers average of the CD reduction Righteous Protector gives.

7 hours ago, Guest Points of Conflict said:

level 35 I use Cavalier, which allows me as a Tank to get to the Boss faster or Escape from Ground AOE's that pull you into them such as Theater pf Pain last boss. Grasping Rift comes to mind as for the level 50 talent I've been using Righteous Protector because it allows for faster recharging of Avenging Wrath & Guardians of the Ancient Kings... AV means I can start the combat with it turned on and have access to it a lot faster  Each Hammer of Wrath is 3 Charges of Light or 3 seconds less, each Word of Glory is also 3 charges, so if I was to count how often I use them I'd say at least 3 Hammers and 4 WoG per minute or 21 seconds per minute, 30 seconds per 2 which mean AV every 2min  18 seconds lets say for argument sake 2½ min CD on AV and GoAK CD to 4min. so you're shaving off 1 min off each ability.  I'll try your way but just saving Righteous Protector is helpful if your using your spell rotation correctly. I'm not number cruncher but I'm 100% sure someone who reads our comments will be and give us the best numbers average of the CD reduction Righteous Protector gives.

Level 35 - Caviller would be dungeon specific of its use. However, that particular example you listed would not be one of them, as you want to be somewhat close to each other there in order to group the mobs that spawn afterwards together. If you're spawning one far away/trying to outrun the Rift then you risk increasing damage taken by the group. Generally you'd look at Spellwarding if there is a use for it, else Unbreakable Spirit for more casts of Ardent Defender.

Level 50 - Once again contextual, however you'll find yourself pulling around your wings more often as you get more comfortable with dungeons and having a fixed cooldown on it would mean it lines up with DPS cooldowns more. As you pull bigger you will be using more Holy Power on Word of Glory too. This helps with that as desyncing cooldowns from your group just ends up with a slower run overall.

Guardian of Ancient Kings is also one you plan around using rather than just using as soon as possible (not that this is what you were implying). As with Avenging Wrath and DPS cooldowns you pull around the availability of it. 

Guest Concerned Tank

This guild needs to up graded and fixed. Most of the loot listed drops from different location that are listed. If it wasn't for the hyperlink this guild would waste peoples time.

18 hours ago, Guest Concerned Tank said:

This guild needs to up graded and fixed. Most of the loot listed drops from different location that are listed. If it wasn't for the hyperlink this guild would waste peoples time.

Hey,

I've just pushed an update to correct the one item that had an incorrect dungeon link. This update also includes all of the raid loot options too. Keep an eye out!

Thanks for raising the concern.

/ Panthea

Guest Spectral_Knight

Looks like the BiS cloak has the wrong dungeon. The specified cloak drops in Plaguefall, not in Necrotic Wake. Also, it seems like some of these are not actually BiS unless there are some other considerations that the page does not specify. For example, Mists of Tiran Scithe drops a helm that has haste and mastery, haste being the higher one, which is considered our two best stats.

13 minutes ago, Guest Spectral_Knight said:

Looks like the BiS cloak has the wrong dungeon. The specified cloak drops in Plaguefall, not in Necrotic Wake. Also, it seems like some of these are not actually BiS unless there are some other considerations that the page does not specify. For example, Mists of Tiran Scithe drops a helm that has haste and mastery, haste being the higher one, which is considered our two best stats.

Hey,

The page hasn't deployed yet with the updates so the Cloak will be updated when that goes live.

With regards to the helm, the reason for this is that the combination of the other gear should get you over 20% haste, at this point you should be able to sustain very high levels of Shield of the Righteous uptime as explained on the Stats page 🙂

Guest Paladonion

I have a add on that puts mastery over haste. Why? Could someone make a prot pally add on for gear? 

Guest Guest Paladin Two

Sorry to say this, but from the in game Strenght tooltip, it says it also gives us Parry Chance

On 1/13/2021 at 12:00 AM, Guest Guest Paladin Two said:

Sorry to say this, but from the in game Strenght tooltip, it says it also gives us Parry Chance

Thanks for highlighting this. Was assumed information but honestly should be in the guide too, will add that in soon.

/Panthea

Guest Sorjal

Blessing of Spell Warding and Divine Shield will prevent the damage from Edge of Annihilation mechanic, but not the movement.

8.1 Tips
Blessing of Freedom can be used on rooted raid members targeted by the effect that summons the adds.

12.1 Tips
Blessing of freedom can be cast on other raid members in range once you reach the inner circle to remove their stacks and have them survive.

Guest Forgot name

Divine Resonance legendary changed from 30 sec to 15 sec. How does it compare to Bulwark of Righteous Fury now? Still worth crafting? Thanks.

On 7/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Guest Forgot name said:

Divine Resonance legendary changed from 30 sec to 15 sec. How does it compare to Bulwark of Righteous Fury now? Still worth crafting? Thanks.

Hello,

With the current proposed change Divine Resonance is worthwhile for the utility aspect (Silences from Avenger's Shield) for Kyrian Paladins in Mythic+, however it is significantly weaker in power than it was at the 30 second value.

The suggestions on the Legendary page will be changing shortly to reflect this.

To answer the question at hand, I would not recommend crafting this at rank 5 or higher. Rank 4 can be worthwhile as it's just Soul Ash and Gold.

- Panthea

On 12/5/2020 at 7:04 PM, Guest Madoyon said:

Is there a new conduit tree layout to follow for BiS in 9.2? 

Prot Pally here; What do people think of the Codex of the First Technique? I currently have Slimy Consumptive Organ ilvl 246 and Old Warrior's Soul ilvl 220. I feel like all these different trinkets are a mess to sort out.

Edited by Warpatthh

Guest Salacnar

The Addon section of this guide could do with an update, as Exorsus Raid Tools is rebranded as Method Raid Tools

On 4/21/2022 at 3:53 PM, Guest Salacnar said:

The Addon section of this guide could do with an update, as Exorsus Raid Tools is rebranded as Method Raid Tools

Thanks for highlighting this. This will be updated shortly.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:57 PM, Warpatthh said:

Prot Pally here; What do people think of the Codex of the First Technique? I currently have Slimy Consumptive Organ ilvl 246 and Old Warrior's Soul ilvl 220. I feel like all these different trinkets are a mess to sort out.

Honestly from those choices if you get a Codex of the First Technique at a higher item level than what you have at the moment, use that. Otherwise your options are pretty much determined by whatever you can get at a higher item level than those. The Old Warriors Soul however will last a bit longer due to the trinket being higher in value, but you will replace it by most other trinkets at 255 or higher.

13 hours ago, Guest Icona said:

No Crusader's Strike for Prot

For the sake of accuracy, Crusader Strike was included along with Hammer of the Righteous and Blessed Hammer as people could opt to ignore that choice node and be left with Crusader Strike.

Not sure what player would want to do that, but I left it in for that reason. If I feel it starts to look weird I'll remove it.

- Panthea

Regardless of class or spec, Haste should always be the primary secondary stat. Crit is nice for burst, but it is unpredictable and so your overall damage/healing can quite likely be lower. Mastery and Versatility have their value, but they are second to Haste given it offers more consistency and will aid in the benefits of the other three. Haste > Mastery/Versatility > Crit...always.