FORUMS
positiv2

Retribution Paladin PvE

2 hours ago, Guest Confused said:

Why do you have Eye for an Eye in 2 rows? (35 & 40)

My paladin's choices are

15 - Zeal / Righteous Verdict / Execution Sentence

25 - Fires of Justice / Blade of Wrath / Empyrean Power

30 - Fist of Justice / Repentance / Blinding Light

35 - Unbreakable Spirit / Cavalier / Eye for an Eye

40 - Divine Purpose / Holy Avenger / Seraphim

45 - Selfless Healer / Justicar's Vengeance / Healing Hands

50 - Sanctified Wrath / Crusade / Final Reckoning

Please note that Consecration is NOT a talent option, so why is it's an option in your guide?

I am sorry about the talents listed, they are currently transitioning to a better solution for the tooltips and icons, so this error came to be. A few rows show obviously wrong Legion talents right now.

Note that the comments about the talent rows are all correct, please use these for guideance for now until the issue got resolved.

On 7/11/2021 at 1:00 PM, delirage said:

Boots enchantment is called Soul Treads, not Speed of Soul

You are correct, they were renamed to Soul Threads from Speed of Soul and it will get updated.

Guest Onsllaughtt

Any chance for an in depth break down on Jaithys vs other weps/ilvl varriances? just not sure what i should pick from my vault if i ever run into that.

20 hours ago, Guest Onsllaughtt said:

Any chance for an in depth break down on Jaithys vs other weps/ilvl varriances? just not sure what i should pick from my vault if i ever run into that.

A heroic Jaithys is about as good as a 252 wep for Single-Target.

Guest Xanthippus

Thanks for the guide. A suggestion for addition to the Ret Pally weaknesses is a lack of damage mitigation abilities (e.g. take 30% reduced damage for 12s). Their protective abilities seem mostly to be immunities.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:27 AM, Guest Xanthippus said:

Thanks for the guide. A suggestion for addition to the Ret Pally weaknesses is a lack of damage mitigation abilities (e.g. take 30% reduced damage for 12s). Their protective abilities seem mostly to be immunities.

That is half true, we do have Eye for an Eye as optional talent, which provides us with 35% physical damage reduction for 10 seconds. For other situations where we would need more magic damage reduction, we can talent Unbreakable Spirit instead for more absorb and immunities. If both of those dont suffice, the last straw would be using the Echoing Blessing Conduit, which would allow you to give Blessing of Protection to yourself and get 10% damage reduction (at highest current conduit level) for magical effects for 18 seconds, and 100% for physical effects for 10 seconds.

So while it is true that we do not have short cooldown damage reduction abilities for all kinds of damage, we do have a lot against physical damage and we can cleverly use our absorb for magical ones, and if that doesnt help we still can self heal outselves with various means.

And if all the above doesnt help, you still can track and call external cooldowns from your raid members, which will be happy to use them if they arent assigned beforehand.

For most mythic raid situations, when big damage spikes come, usually you learn when your healers put down damage reduction raid cooldowns, and they themselves should call or preassign when you absolutely should use your personal cooldowns for when there is a gap in their heal cooldown rotation.

Guest Mostly plays holy

In your post, you mention timing GCDs with auto attacks using the swing timer. Is that even worth it though? Obviously getting two Serphimed GCDs instead of one is good, but if you're holding GCDs to use with your auto attack using a swing timer, isn't it possible that the marginal GCDs you'll lose over the course of the fight from not minimizing downtime will result in less overall damage than getting one Seraphim GCD instead of two? Either way, the bonus seems rough.

On 1/25/2022 at 2:44 AM, Guest Mostly plays holy said:

In your post, you mention timing GCDs with auto attacks using the swing timer. Is that even worth it though? Obviously getting two Serphimed GCDs instead of one is good, but if you're holding GCDs to use with your auto attack using a swing timer, isn't it possible that the marginal GCDs you'll lose over the course of the fight from not minimizing downtime will result in less overall damage than getting one Seraphim GCD instead of two? Either way, the bonus seems rough.

Every time you get a Art of War proc, it will either reset Blade of Justice or Wake of Ashes, and even if you do not have a lot of Holy Power or cooldowns, with the two GCDs during the seraphim procs, you can use whatever proced to build Holy Power and then also spend it during the same buffed window (assuming at least 1 hp with BoJ). With a single GCD, in the worst case you only can fit a low damage builder like Blade of Justice to inside, basically making no use of the short Seraphim buff at all.

Getting Blade of Justice and Wake of Ashes on cooldown as fast as possible will be important so you dont waste procs, and since they will be sitting on cooldown most time, you can just spam them in case they proc right after the last gcd before the one that would cut into the next swing. With this small time window, reacting and getting 2 gcds off is so much harder than preemptivly spamming both (keybinding them next to each other plays really well). 

Also you get these procs constantly, its not a rare occurance at all, so the amount gained is significant enough to not ignore it.

You basically are disabling yourself from using 2 GCDS during Seraphim if you dont care about the swing timer, since reacting is so much harder (assuming you luckily wont have gcd on start of the proc) than preemptivly spamming these right before swings. You just dont have enough time to use 2 gcds if your Art of War proc comes mid gcd.

I do agree the bonus is a bit rough, and there could be a better implementation just like for the 4p.

Just to mention, on Legendary Powers, you link to the Torghast anima power Of Dusk and Dawn. The legendary power is at Of Dusk and Dawn , which is lower figures. I'm assuming the recommendations on which powers to use where stay the same however.

Edited by Radek

On 8/14/2022 at 5:16 PM, Radek said:

Just to mention, on Legendary Powers, you link to the Torghast anima power Of Dusk and Dawn. The legendary power is at Of Dusk and Dawn , which is lower figures. I'm assuming the recommendations on which powers to use where stay the same however.

That is correct, the recommendations are based on the correct values.

10 hours ago, synthesisDreamer said:

Hi, I recognize this will likely be a fair bit of a dps loss, but if I reallllllllllly wanted to take Healing Hands what might you recommend to take out of the current raid and m+ builds to make room for it?

If I absolutely would have to drop it, I would drop Expurgation for ST. For cleave, Relentless Inquisitor 1 and Hand of Hindrance. Then use the 2 free points for Healing Hands and Truth Wake.

Guest Tytyheol

Shouldent, ruby whelp trinket be on best in slot? If you level it up that is?? 

On 1/15/2023 at 10:00 AM, Guest Tytyheol said:

Shouldent, ruby whelp trinket be on best in slot? If you level it up that is?? 

The Ruby Whelpling isnt very reliable for Retribution Paladins. For Terros, the possibly best case for Ruby, not a single Ret in the top 100 logs for Mythic use one as example.

16 hours ago, GullyFoyle said:

looks like rotation guide has a typo - for single tar open, says templars verdict, but don't seem to have that. I find final verdict.

Hey, once you learn Final Verdict, it will replace Templars Verdict on your bars. Templars Verdict and Final Verdict share priority.

• Like 1

Guest nopants

Hey, I've a couple of questions after having played following your guide for a bit.

Currently the guide puts HoW at a very high priority in single target regardless of talent setup (and you can't select any talents HoW related talents), which I feel is incorrect? It's probably the second weakest builder without supporting talents.

I would also appreciate a more in depth explanation of how to handle divine resonance windows as I feel that's easily the most challenging part of playing ret right now. For example, is it worth waiting half a GCD to not overcap? If not, do I care by how much I overcap? Say I'm at 3 holy power and the next DR tick is 1.5 GCDs away. Do I build 1 or 2 holy power?

I'm also curious about wether the priority order stays the same during ES windows. Shouldn't judgement rise above BoJ at the end of your ES windows since you can't take full advantage of the BoJ dot and you buff your last FV?

On 4/13/2023 at 1:39 PM, Guest nopants said:

Hey, I've a couple of questions after having played following your guide for a bit.

Currently the guide puts HoW at a very high priority in single target regardless of talent setup (and you can't select any talents HoW related talents), which I feel is incorrect? It's probably the second weakest builder without supporting talents.

I would also appreciate a more in depth explanation of how to handle divine resonance windows as I feel that's easily the most challenging part of playing ret right now. For example, is it worth waiting half a GCD to not overcap? If not, do I care by how much I overcap? Say I'm at 3 holy power and the next DR tick is 1.5 GCDs away. Do I build 1 or 2 holy power?

I'm also curious about wether the priority order stays the same during ES windows. Shouldn't judgement rise above BoJ at the end of your ES windows since you can't take full advantage of the BoJ dot and you buff your last FV?

Hallo,

one major reason for high Hammer of Wrath priority is the 100% Critical Chance from Vengeful Wrath, which we kinda have to take in the class tree with little alternatives (which partly causes the high baseline priority). The second is, at least for single-target, you always play with Vanguards Momentum. 

For Divine Resonance, it mainly depends if you still have Judge debuffs applied, either from last manual Judge, last auto Judge from Divine Resonance, or you still have stacks left from Highlords Judgement.

If you still have stacks, you can either build 1 Holy Power or spent your 3 Holy Power right away. If you dont have any Judgement stacks left until the next Divine Resonance tick in 1.5 globals, then just build 1 Holy Power and spent with the newly applied Judge debuff afterwards.

In a pure single-target build with Execution Sentence you always should pick 1 Highlords Judgement. Auto procced Judges during the Execution Sentence from Divine Resonance with each having 2 debuff stacks are your main carries of buffed spenders during this time.

You cast a Judgement during the opener, and Divine Toll (after consuming the 2 pre-applied Judge debuffs) during Execution Sentence. After that you follow your normal priority. So Wake of Ashes > Hammer of Wrath > Blade of Justice > Judge ( no debuff applied ).

Guest BeanMachine

the rotation for single targets is counter intuitive, after the first holy power spend youre stacking holy power beyond 5 and still going before the next spend..  if thats not intended to be a step by step i'd reword this.