FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Discipline Priest PvE

Atonement Applicators

Power Word: Shield Icon Power Word: Shield is best used in situations when you are on the move or the target is not currently damaged. On the other hand, Shadow Mend Icon Shadow Mend can be a great way to spot heal and apply Atonement Icon Atoneme

Shadow Mend does not aplly atonement anymore. It not write on atonement description since prepatch. 

Edited by Rhith

Hi there!

Can you check if you have warmode on and the PvP Talent Trinity Trinity selected?

Shadow Mend does still apply atonement in prepatch, but talent Trinity changes it so that only Power Word: Shield applies it instead of Power Word: Shield, Shadow Mend, and Power Word: Radiance. 

This could be the cause of the unintended behavior you're experiencing.

Guest Pikes

Make the article look ten times better by removing the two references to Battle for Azeroth. Having dated references confuses people and degrades trust in the information.

Guest Scottizzle

Smite no longer creates the damage absorb in Shadowlands as referenced in this article.

3 hours ago, Guest Anesca said:

Images are broken in the analysis part of the "how to improve section" :x

Thank you for flagging this. We are looking into fixing it.

Guest MrCeeJ

You mention Echo of Eonar in the M+ section, but I believe the way it works it will give the other people a copy of your healing buff, not a new dps or tank one. I don't think it works the way you want it to, and so it makes no sense for a healer to take it in M+

Guest Fred

Perhaps a macro for desperate prayer > spirit shell > mindbender wouldn't be bad either :)

Guest Spencer
On 1/25/2021 at 4:18 AM, Rudy199 said:

Isn't The Penitent OneThe Penitent One also good for normal and hc raids? Is there any reason to pick other legendary if I will never step in mythic raid?

Spirit shell is just as strong in normal and heroic raids as it is in Mythic. Go with the Spirit Shell legendary if you're planning to raid seriously as a disc.

Might want to mention Power InfusionPower Infusion in your rotation and cooldowns section.  Huge haste benefit, great for really ramping up shields for Spirit ShellSpirit Shell  or maximizing healing for EvangelismEvangelism.  Can use it for high damage output as well.  Isn't mentioned at all in the Rotation/CD page.  Can cast it on other people too (if you're out of mana and another healer isn't).

On 1/13/2021 at 10:00 AM, Guest Fred said:

Perhaps a macro for desperate prayer > spirit shell > mindbender wouldn't be bad either 🙂

In general I don't recommend including desperate prayer in a Spirit Shell Macro. Saving Desperate Prayer as an actual defensive during the encounter will often be better than attempting to utilize it within your Spirit Shell window when you often won't be hitting the HP% cap on Spirit Shell anyway. I'll add a general spirit shell -> trinket -> mindbender macro though to the macro page.

On 1/25/2021 at 7:18 AM, Rudy199 said:

Isn't The Penitent OneThe Penitent One also good for normal and hc raids? Is there any reason to pick other legendary if I will never step in mythic raid?

The Penitent One is pretty mediocre unfortunately. Comparing its impact to Clarity of Mind while using either Evangelism or Spiritshell i wouldn't recommend using it. The chance for it to just have no impact on some ramp/burst sequences as well is just not ideal.

On 2/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, JackL said:

Might want to mention Power InfusionPower Infusion in your rotation and cooldowns section.  Huge haste benefit, great for really ramping up shields for Spirit ShellSpirit Shell  or maximizing healing for EvangelismEvangelism.  Can use it for high damage output as well.  Isn't mentioned at all in the Rotation/CD page.  Can cast it on other people too (if you're out of mana and another healer isn't).

I'll expand on this in the guide for clarification, but in general you should almost never be using it on yourself, hence the absence of its mention in the rotation/cooldown section. Power Infusion will almost always be better used on a DPS player.

Guest Jedrax
On 10/31/2020 at 11:51 AM, Guest Pikes said:

Make the article look ten times better by removing the two references to Battle for Azeroth. Having dated references confuses people and degrades trust in the information.

4 months later, and still many references to BfA in the articles.

Guest Outdated spell list

Either my disc priest is bugged or Disc priest no longer has shadow word pain.

Guest Mac
On 2/18/2021 at 2:48 PM, Guest Outdated spell list said:

Either my disc priest is bugged or Disc priest no longer has shadow word pain.

Your disc priest is talented into Purge the Wicked :p

Guest Celestyn

In the 'discipline priest best covenants, soulbinds, and conduits' section, under 2. the recommended tree for mythic+ links to a mikanikos tree with shining radiance and together with soulsteel clamps and rabid shadows. 

In the tree shown in 6.1.3, the recommended options are exaltation, soulsteel clamps and shining radiance.

From the text below, I can't make up what the recommended options are when taking Hammer of Genesis (endurance slot above it and potency below). In other words, what is the recommended (mikanikos) tree to use for mythic plus?

Discipline Priest Mikanikos Soulbind

Below is our chosen path and Conduits for this Soulbind:

Note: When attempting to utilize Forgelite Prime Mikanikos for both Raiding and Mythic plus content at the same time, our recommendation is to utilize the below tree for Raiding and change to Hammer of Genesis Icon Hammer of Genesis and the Endurance Conduit instead of Soulsteel Clamps Icon Soulsteel Clamps and the Potency slot for Mythic plus. Hammer of Genesis is significantly better in Mythic plus than in Raiding and you can slot Exaltation Icon Exaltation in that tier so you do not lose much due to losing the Potency slot, as Exaltation performs more poorly in Mythic plus.

Guest Kish

Uh, are you guys aware you suggest the same conduit (Mindbender) in the Night Fae and Necrolord soulbind trees twice? (As in, in the same tree.) Like for Heirmir, it suggests putting the Mindbender Conduit at the start AND at the end.

Guest fortune cookies

Maybe mention in the guide that Fortune cookies are not usable in m+. 

Guest Phat Lokki

Hi there, i wanted to learn more about temporal equilibrium. I noticed that it is being used for higher keys and i was thinking of just starting with it from the get go to get practice with it. I have some questions.

1. what would the rotation be?

2. with the four piece, since smite also does shadow dmg, it this considered weaving just casting smite?

3. Does penance count as shadow if power of the dark side is active?

Anything else on the topic would be much appreciated.  I am not max level yet but I am an experienced player. Ive learned that its better to start off in the best way. I have pre planned this character and my growth on it and I would like to become as optimized and knowledgeable as possible before I start pushing high keys.