FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Enhancement Shaman PvE

Guest Donleo - Thrall

The changes from 17 November... I’m interested to know if lava lash with tier one and two talents with traits will outweigh other decisions. Can you guys provide input? 

Guest Aarrok

With the 250% buff to wolves, are they more viable now with the wolf bones Lego or is Asc/spike still better?

1 hour ago, Guest Aarrok said:

With the 250% buff to wolves, are they more viable now with the wolf bones Lego or is Asc/spike still better?

These recommendations were made with that in mind - the talent itself is average, but wolf bones are extremely strong in single target situations when paired with it, but not so hot in AoE.

Guest Savagewisdom

I joined Kyrian at the very start of the expansion - do you guys believe it is worth changing now? Vesper totem is decent in most scenarios, but placement of multiple totems, including windfury seems a lot of micromanagement for the time being.

15 hours ago, Guest Savagewisdom said:

I joined Kyrian at the very start of the expansion - do you guys believe it is worth changing now? Vesper totem is decent in most scenarios, but placement of multiple totems, including windfury seems a lot of micromanagement for the time being.

The numerical differences between all of them are mostly very small - most of the decisions come down to delivery method and gameplay. If you really don't like how your covenant ability works, changing isn't a bad thing.

Guest Calathan

Is there a specific reason to have Celestial on Main Hand, and Lightless on offhand?

On 12/9/2020 at 8:31 AM, Guest Calathan said:

Is there a specific reason to have Celestial on Main Hand, and Lightless on offhand?

No reason, enchants can go on any hand without any issue.

Thank you for the guide.

Minor fix suggestion: Windfury Totem at rank 2 gives 20% chance to trigger an attack (learned at lvl58).

At some points in the guide (like spell summary section) WF totem is mentioned but at 10% proc chance.

On 1/20/2021 at 7:27 PM, Bogdanov89 said:

Thank you for the guide.

Minor fix suggestion: Windfury Totem at rank 2 gives 20% chance to trigger an attack (learned at lvl58).

At some points in the guide (like spell summary section) WF totem is mentioned but at 10% proc chance.

The increase at level 58 is covered in the spell summary section at the bottom for Shadowlands passives, because it only provides 10% at the base.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Guest Dogieparsley said:

There’s still an addon here for azerite traits

Apologies, old link should be removed in the next update

Guest Sinuriel

A little macro I put together for casting Ghost Wolf and Spirit Walk on the same button/keybind:

#showtooltip
/cast [form:1] Spirit Walk
/cast Ghost Wolf
/cast [mod:shift] Spirit Walk

-> it will cast Ghost Wolf
-> if in Ghost Wolf, it will cast Spirit Walk
-> if in Ghost Wolf Form, and Spirit Walk is on cooldown, it will revert to regular (humanoid) form
-> it will cast Spirit Walk when using Shift (or something different) as modifier

Hope it helps 🙂

Guest FIllnator

On your stat priority tab you state crit = versatility, could you elaborate on this?

16 hours ago, Guest FIllnator said:

On your stat priority tab you state crit = versatility, could you elaborate on this?

the two stats are (generally) equal in most gear states, and it fluctuates slightly depending on what your gear currently has, so which one is ideal differs slightly depending on each unique case but are usually close to each other.

Guest Panda Totems

I'm addicted to the gambling effect of the Deeply Rooted Elements legendary and enjoy how it pairs with the consistency of Earth Spike. Especially when it comes to target switching. Am I missing out on too many  heavy burst damage drops? Has anyone else tested a build like this to verify their results? I go heavy on the Lava Lash talents too, if that makes a notable difference.

Guest biS Gauntlents

Your gauntlets for BiS shamen are ancesteral gauntlets, and they say they drop from fate, fate drops Demigaunts of prestiditation, its remnent who drops these gauntlets on your page, which is better?

On 11/23/2021 at 5:36 AM, Guest biS Gauntlents said:

Your gauntlets for BiS shamen are ancesteral gauntlets, and they say they drop from fate, fate drops Demigaunts of prestiditation, its remnent who drops these gauntlets on your page, which is better?

Remnant is better if playing Wolf Bones as recommended, apologies will fix it up

So, unless I miss my guess, i don't think the M+ Section has been updated accurately. (Unless we are still in Season 2).  The builds are not exactly accurate i think.  Close but not quite up to date (there IS a good build with Ice strike for AE just as an example).  

Only reason i bring it up is the shaman discord links here and to the wowhead guide and they are fairly different from each other and will lead new players (Or returning ones) astray.

On 4/4/2022 at 1:28 AM, SIlverfall said:

So, unless I miss my guess, i don't think the M+ Section has been updated accurately. (Unless we are still in Season 2).  The builds are not exactly accurate i think.  Close but not quite up to date (there IS a good build with Ice strike for AE just as an example).  

Only reason i bring it up is the shaman discord links here and to the wowhead guide and they are fairly different from each other and will lead new players (Or returning ones) astray.

You're correct this is back at season 2 after checking, I've sent the season 3 update pages through and hopefully will be fixed for you soon, was my mistake to not have it uploaded here.

Will note however one thing in that there is not an Ice Strike build that's viable in any circumstance so that won't be present in the pages, that's a talent that causes an active DPS loss to press in many cases so don't expect to see it there.

Guest Aerisot

The Moonlit Prism trinket that is currently listed as our #1 trinket is not even usable by melee, it will not allow you to activate it.

19 hours ago, Guest Aerisot said:

The Moonlit Prism trinket that is currently listed as our #1 trinket is not even usable by melee, it will not allow you to activate it.

Unless you have new data (i.e. not from Legion) to the contrary, it can be looted if we set loot spec to Elemental, and it activates from multiple parts of our toolkit (for example Flametongue hits/Maelstrom spenders) - the sims are accurate to the estimated testing. This is subject to change when we have more concrete testing with it now actually being available to a wider audience.

Guest Corgika

Hey, you put a sholder in the chest slot for the raiding gear

Guest 9.2.5 meh...

"the War/Titanforging system causing unpredictability" - 9.2.5 does not have war/titanforged items, kinda makes me wonder when this thread was last "updated"... and an example why i dont trust icyveins that much...

Guest 9.2.5 meh... Nr.2

"The website can help you choose set bonuses, Azerite traits, trinkets and combinations thereof"... azerite traits, in 9.2.5... again, hard to believe your sites are up-to-date