FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Demonology Warlock PvE

Guest Splinter

I assume a roll out is coming, but I'm hoping the Easy Mode build gets updated for level 70 at some point :)

Thanks, I appreciate all the work you do on this guide

Guest Reiteration

The guide mentions the cloak enchant "Enchant Cloak - Fortified Avoidance" -- this is likely a typo, as that enchant cannot be applied to Dragonflight gear. Instead, it should be Enchant Cloak - Graceful Avoidance (or Enchant Cloak - Writ of Avoidance for lower quality)

On 12/4/2022 at 3:54 AM, Guest Reiteration said:

The guide mentions the cloak enchant "Enchant Cloak - Fortified Avoidance" -- this is likely a typo, as that enchant cannot be applied to Dragonflight gear. Instead, it should be Enchant Cloak - Graceful Avoidance (or Enchant Cloak - Writ of Avoidance for lower quality)

Thanks for the report, it is already being addressed in the upcoming update

Guest Rotation and talents

The very first skill it says to use in the rotation is guillotine....then you go to the build and it doesn't have guillotine.

Could you explain the reasoning for the priorities listed this time?

You have "Target" and "Cleave" as the titles, the first I am assuming is for single target, the latter for multi-target* - but if this is the case, the latter does not tie in with the paragraphs that follow:

(Single) Target priorties are listed as:

Int > Haste > Crit > Mast = Vers

Cleave (Multi) priorities are listed as:

Int > Haste > Crit = Mast > Vers

The paragraph in question states:

On single-target, Haste is the most desirable secondary stat, while gradually going down the more targets enter the fray. Mastery is the opposite, being relatively unimpactful in single-target but gaining increasing appeal in multi-target. Critical Strike and Versatility sit in the middle, offering an average increase, but never excelling in any situation.

According to this paragraph, the haste stat should be lowered, and the Mastery stat raised from their positions. Crit and Versatility are stated to "sit in the middle" implying that mastery and Haste should effectively swap positions as such:

Int > Mast > Crit >Haste = Vers

But the "Cleave" title does not reflect this, and has a different set of priorities entirely. Additionally, there is no further mention of "Cleave" in any of the paragraphs, so I do not think this is an alternative build. I can only assume "Cleave" is referring to the demon's ability - so multi-target?

For the purposes of my addon, I will be going with "Int > Mast > Crit >Haste = Vers" for a multi-target priorty, as this is further supported by the explainations of the stats given towards the bottom of the guide. 

Finally, the "Easy Mode" section has a completely different priorty set, which confuses the issue futher:

(Int) > Haste > Mastery = Crit > Versatitilty

*The notes on 14th Dec also state the priorty was split between single and multi targets

Edited by Wyr3d

10 hours ago, Wyr3d said:

Could you explain the reasoning for the priorities listed this time?

You have "Target" and "Cleave" as the titles, the first I am assuming is for single target, the latter for multi-target* - but if this is the case, the latter does not tie in with the paragraphs that follow:

(Single) Target priorties are listed as:

Int > Haste > Crit > Mast = Vers

Cleave (Multi) priorities are listed as:

Int > Haste > Crit = Mast > Vers

The paragraph in question states:

On single-target, Haste is the most desirable secondary stat, while gradually going down the more targets enter the fray. Mastery is the opposite, being relatively unimpactful in single-target but gaining increasing appeal in multi-target. Critical Strike and Versatility sit in the middle, offering an average increase, but never excelling in any situation.

According to this paragraph, the haste stat should be lowered, and the Mastery stat raised from their positions. Crit and Versatility are stated to "sit in the middle" implying that mastery and Haste should effectively swap positions as such:

Int > Mast > Crit >Haste = Vers

But the "Cleave" title does not reflect this, and has a different set of priorities entirely. Additionally, there is no further mention of "Cleave" in any of the paragraphs, so I do not think this is an alternative build. I can only assume "Cleave" is referring to the demon's ability - so multi-target?

For the purposes of my addon, I will be going with "Int > Mast > Crit >Haste = Vers" for a multi-target priorty, as this is further supported by the explainations of the stats given towards the bottom of the guide. 

Finally, the "Easy Mode" section has a completely different priorty set, which confuses the issue futher:

(Int) > Haste > Mastery = Crit > Versatitilty

*The notes on 14th Dec also state the priorty was split between single and multi targets

I apologise for the confusion created, the section is getting reworded as it was open to the interpretation that haste would shift down the priority list where I intended the relative value would be diminished instead

The Easy mode is weighted towards a generic setup that works both in single and multitarget, thus the priority listed there still remains true

Guest Arcaila

Hello, first thank you for your work on this guide. It is greatly appreciated.

Looking over all the rotation info., I never see any of the DoTs. Is it simply assumed we should keep those up or are they not relevant any longer? Casual gamer here. 🤗

5 hours ago, Guest Arcaila said:

Hello, first thank you for your work on this guide. It is greatly appreciated.

Looking over all the rotation info., I never see any of the DoTs. Is it simply assumed we should keep those up or are they not relevant any longer? Casual gamer here. 🤗

Corruption is DPS neutral at best and since it does not aid with shards is generally ignored. Doom shard delay system is also something that disrupt the flow of the spec for a minor gain in single target, as such is totally optional but generally ignored as talent entirely

Guest Anon

You cannot get Demonic Meteor at level 29 when following the Demonology Warlock guide that's all thanks

Guest Part Time Lock

Just a comment about the rotation, you mention "Grand warlocks Design" , in it you mention that a spell needs to be delayed to make the most of "Reign of tyranny"  however you cannot have those 2 talents together as they are a choice, one or the other on the tree.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:17 PM, Guest Part Time Lock said:

Just a comment about the rotation, you mention "Grand warlocks Design" , in it you mention that a spell needs to be delayed to make the most of "Reign of tyranny"  however you cannot have those 2 talents together as they are a choice, one or the other on the tree.

Typo, thanks for the report it will be updated asap

Guest Motoko Appreciator

Hey, question and or annoying typo report, but in the macro section, the demonic circle teleport macro:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Demonic Circle

This would stop your cast and set up the circle, right? Not teleport to the circle? I guess I'm asking if so, what situation would call for that, cause I understand using the circle to get out of dodge but yeah. Sorry if it was an outdated macro/typo thing but I was curious. You do great work motoko ilu

On 1/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, Guest Motoko Appreciator said:

Hey, question and or annoying typo report, but in the macro section, the demonic circle teleport macro:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/cast Demonic Circle

This would stop your cast and set up the circle, right? Not teleport to the circle? I guess I'm asking if so, what situation would call for that, cause I understand using the circle to get out of dodge but yeah. Sorry if it was an outdated macro/typo thing but I was curious. You do great work motoko ilu

Might have been a relic of the past actually, back when at some point there was no separation between the two parts.

I am updating the macro to this one instead:

#showtooltip
/stopcasting
/use [mod:shift] Demonic Circle(Summon); [nomod] Demonic Circle: Teleport(Teleport)

Guest nathansus12

On the current demonology warlock talent tree guide it shows the demonic circle talent not chosen even though you are forced to use it if you are using the demonology spec

Guest Rags

I do have one question about the build as it currently is. You have chosen, "Blood bound Imps" but not "Implosion".  Would that not make Blood bound Imps useless?  Would it not be better than to take "Fel and Steel" for single target damage or is there something I am missing.  Thanks!  Appreciate the build!

4 minutes ago, Guest Rags said:

I do have one question about the build as it currently is. You have chosen, "Blood bound Imps" but not "Implosion".  Would that not make Blood bound Imps useless?  Would it not be better than to take "Fel and Steel" for single target damage or is there something I am missing.  Thanks!  Appreciate the build!

BBI provides increased core generation even without imploding (twice the value with implosions) and that alone is enough to offset the reduction in demonic cores post patch.
Fel&Steel damage contribution in comparison is noticeably lower in the context of the current tier set bonus which requires enough cooldown reduction on grimoire felguard to line it up with every Tyrant summon.

I would suggest rewording the following paragraph in the Rotation section from:

"While it may look tempting, it is generally better not to implode at the end of a dungeon pack, trying to spend all the Shards on additional Wild Imps, in order to regenerate 3 shards out of combat and being able to cast a massive Implosion or Tyrant at the next pack."

to:

"While it may look tempting, it is generally better not to implode at the end of a dungeon pack. Instead, try to spend all the Shards on additional Wild Imps in order to regenerate 3 shards out of combat and be able to cast a massive Implosion or Tyrant at the next pack."

I think it would improve readability.

Guest Slotty

Is it possible to Include the belt enchant Shadowed Belt ClaspShadowed Belt Clasp?

missed it up until now.

Is there anywhere you post your thoughts on the class? It was interesting to read your reasoning.