FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Reginleif

Weapon choices.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'll shoot.

HWF Rikkal's/Arcweaver > H Gaze/Immaculate wand? (Without Garrosh offhand since I do not have him down yet - just use the jugg OH for comparison purposes)

Items in question:

inv_knife_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_04.jpgRik'kal's Bloody Scalpel

inv_sword_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_03.jpgArcweaver Spell Sword

vs

inv_wand_1h_orgrimmarraid_d_01.jpgImmaculately Preserved Wand

inv_staff_2h_orgrimmarraid_d_04.jpgGaze of Arrogance

Is it worth it to lose better secondaries for the extra spellpower? Must the OH be HWF too to offset the compromised stats?

Thanks in advance.

Always HWF weapon if you have one.  The extra Spell Power trumps secondaries.  Sucks you got no Mastery on HWF weapon.  With that, you won't have Mastery on your OH either.  Tough call - probably a wash, so go with what you prefer.  Personally, I'd go Arcweaver Spell Sword + IJ OH.

I was just coming to ask the same thing. I just got HWF wand last night but was told sword was better since I'm human and gain hit using it.

Always HWF weapon if you have one.  The extra Spell Power trumps secondaries.  Sucks you got no Mastery on HWF weapon.  With that, you won't have Mastery on your OH either.  Tough call - probably a wash, so go with what you prefer.  Personally, I'd go Arcweaver Spell Sword + IJ OH.

Alright - I'll go with the sha staff (to preserve my transmog).

When I didn't have my Gaze and only had Arcweave and IJ OH (all heroic, no HWF), I really felt the lack of mastery. I was going into raid and only keeping up with the other locks in our guild with my ilvl, even though they didn't play as good, simply because they had such a giant mastery advantage over me. As much as we say secondary stats don't matter in fixing your DPS, you can really notice them sometimes when you have a giant defecit. Once I got the Gaze, I was pulling ahead significantly.

Players who utilize their abilities properly will see the largest gain when gaining a certain secondary stat, particularly Mastery.  The effect you received was 10% you gaining Mastery and 90% you utilizing Mastery properly.