FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Inphy

Ret weapon choice

Hey guys, ive noticed that when it comes to weapons it says to use the 2H axe from garrosh (normal version) over the warforged polearm and would like to know why its considered better than it and if i should use it.

Armory link:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Inphy/simple

any other suggestions/advice is also welcome smile.png

Thanks

Edit: Btw the neck I have is fully upgraded, I just havnt logged out since upgrading it :P

Edited by Inphy

2h axe being the 2h BoA one or the 2h epic one? The 2h BoA one is ranked below the warforged polearm, and honestly I'd still use the polearm over the axe if it was normal just because it has mastery, the socket bonus is really good, so you wouldn't be losing any haste maybe a little bit of str, if you choose the BoA, but for ret, the polearm is BiS, especially WF. If it's the epic axe, polearm blows it out of the water.

On your armory some suggestions. remove the reforge on your ring, and reforge the exp to haste, remove the reforge on your cloak, on your boots reforge hit to haste, not crit. could also reforge your asgorothian blood seal exp to mastery, and to get the extra exp back make your red gems Keen instead of fierce, just some suggestions though.

Edited by Auriel

2h axe being the 2h BoA one or the 2h epic one? The 2h BoA one is ranked below the warforged polearm, and honestly I'd still use the polearm over the axe if it was normal just because it has mastery, the socket bonus is really good, so you wouldn't be losing any haste maybe a little bit of str, if you choose the BoA, but for ret, the polearm is BiS, especially WF. If it's the epic axe, polearm blows it out of the water.

On your armory some suggestions. remove the reforge on your ring, and reforge the exp to haste, remove the reforge on your cloak, on your boots reforge hit to haste, not crit. could also reforge your asgorothian blood seal exp to mastery, and to get the extra exp back make your red gems Keen instead of fierce, just some suggestions though.

Thanks for the reply smile.png I thought I might have read it wrong because in my eyes the polearm is the best. do you think it would make much of a difference to do the things you suggested?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/Inphy/simple

updated armoury with the upgraded neck

Edited by Inphy

Well I know you're losing dps with that reforge on your first ring, mastery is still very strong for paladins. But it's up to you to follow my advice, and you can always ask me any questions if you think you're missing something. I think it might be worth a shot but if you don't want to invest in it you have a decent stat build already.

If I was to change the reforge on my boots I would have 7.28% hit, is that not bad?

not sure if this will make any difference but I also have the normal version of bloodclaw band

reforge out of your boots, and put your gloves back to how they were see how that works out (really need to get myself an EU account so I can do these kinds of things easier

annoying? not at all I love doing this, if I could get paid to do it I'd love it even more, but it's not about anything other than helping people better themselves as players. So please keep asking questions and replying here.

• Like 1

Oh btw if I was to change my orange gems to keens wouldnt I lose alot of haste? just looking at it on my character menu im afraid that ill drop below 40%

annoying? not at all I love doing this, if I could get paid to do it I'd love it even more, but it's not about anything other than helping people better themselves as players. So please keep asking questions and replying here.

haha will do. i really appreciate the help! :P

Yes I'm sorry that was my fault I'm used to going exp + mastery, wicked is the go to gem for you

just tested on a dummy and it seemed to be ok, i dont really see much difference. unless im doing something wrong in rotation or something :s

Edited by Inphy

lol maybe you can tell me what you're doing show me a ui and meters or logs if you have them

well I cant really show you a screenshot atm but I did around 310-320k burst (or close to that) and then i dropped down to 280-290k. it feels like i should do more :/ i know im only self buffed but still fell like it should be better xD

Lol that's a pretty good self dps on single target I'm sure you're doing fine. Just need to have confidence in yourself

• Like 1

In my opinion looking at your current armory, you're good on replacing some of those 320haste gems with 320 Mastery gems as long as you stay at/above 40% haste. Since Divine Storm, Crusader Strike, and Templar's Verdict all proc our mastery it'll be a good dps increase both single/multi-target.

As a side note I completely forgot to reply to the topic at hand, unless you're a dwarf and gemming str/haste over expertise, Britomarts is and always will be our BiS for this tier. The itemization on the polearm is beautiful for our current stat weights and nothing comes close. 

Dwarves using a Heroic Warforged Gar'tok can actually reforge the expertise to haste, and gem strength/haste and run a different ring setup from our actual BiS to get full benefit of the mace itself. The big issue with that is it being a bit harder to reach the 40% haste cap, and still reach 17k mastery as well in full BiS.