igetdahkstoo

DW frost looking to better my DPS

8 posts in this topic

Just looking for some feedback on what I could do to improve on my DPS.

Armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/Igetdahkstoo/advanced

Logs:

These are all on flex as I have already done most of what i'll clear on normal this week(waaaaah pugs tongue.png ) and don't have logs for them.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i6xxezceollj0hfu/details/98/?s=1336&e=1643 DPS seems really low for some reason, even for this fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i6xxezceollj0hfu/details/98/?s=1789&e=2101

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i6xxezceollj0hfu/details/98/?s=2462&e=2706

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i6xxezceollj0hfu/details/98/?s=2920&e=3201

Let me know if you need more logs or any more info.

And I am using the simple rotation.

Kinda low uptime on plagueon the protecters

No pots i believe

I wouldn't use death and decay at all

Maybe increase your haste cause i know at lowish ilvls sometimes having low haste sucks

Can't say much more for the protectors fight kinda did this in a hurry

I don't see anything obviously wrong. It is flex, so not wanting to use Potion / Flask etc is fine. That and given your current weapons + trinkets, there is only so much numbers that you can pull. unsure.png  My only concern would be blood plague uptime because it looks like you don't use obliterate in your rotation (which is fine). So, how are you recycling your unholy runes? If you use them on Plague Strike I would have expected higher uptime numbers on some of these fights.

1 person likes this

Quickly looking at it again i found that you only got 50 runic from horn of winter on average i'd say it should be more like 100

Also maybe could gained more from ams only gained 360 granted idk maybe not I don't really know

You absolutely should be using DnD on protectors and you should be using DnD any time there are adds to AOE or the boss will stand in it the whole time. So basically use it on cooldown.

Your dps looks fine for your gear level minus the low uptime of bp. Soul reaper is ehhh, not using it is ok but you'd probably see a few more deeps during the execute phase. flask and pots would help and so would properly soaking with AMS when you can.

Honestly in my opinion, I would check out askmrrobot.com first, since I see you have some stam gems and honestly you're not a tank, you're dps smile.png you need to kill that dude as fast, as possible and kick ass. I believe there'sa green gem that's hit/mastery, or you might check out straight mastery, but I don't think theres a green that's str/mastery. aside from that I didn't really look up your rotation, since im 2h frost and we use obliterate almost every time its on the killing machine proc, im not sure why its out for DW, but yeah. As for DnD USE IT, it is another DoT that hurts your boss, adds, and everything else that's red, unless its right before adds, where you are left without it, like in sha or pride I think it is, then use it when adds come out, other than that I use it on rotation...

Thanks for the feedback all smile.png

Working on uptime on Plague(I spend my UH runes on plague strike usually)

Working on soaking a bit better with AMS, and Horn of Winter I use generally only as a filler when I don't have anything else to cast so I can understand not much RP from that.

I just started using Soul reaper in the past few days so i'm still getting into the habit of using it and hopefully will soon get better and working as many in as possible.

Generally I only have been using D&D when there are a significant amount of adds around(sun's desperate measures phase, self-reflection on sha, etc.) but I will try using it more on CD if the boss won't be moving out of it.

As for why I have Mastery/stamina gems in my blue slots, is because I am over hit cap(not the best itemized gear) after reforging out of hit on every item that has it. so the hit is wasted until I am in better itemized gear, so I went with mastery/stamina to get the socket bonus(if anyone has info on when I should just go for straight mastery or whatever stat, and forego socket bonuses, that would be great)

you would only ignore the socket bonus if the bonus was anything but str, which to my knowledge is nothing 553+ or if the piece already has mastery and has blue sockets OR if you feel you aren't close to dying. IE shoulders that give mastery and have 2 blue sockets; just jam mastery gems in there. but the rest of the time if its red/blue or yellow/blue just go ahead and go for the socket bonus.

your current gem set up is totally fine, DKs have low hp compared to almost everyone else so having a little extra healer buffer is not a bad thing at all, esp when you are over hit cap. With your current gear I'm not seeing any  piece for you to go straight fractured gems, because single best gem and socket for us is red with the hybrid str/mast gem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Boogal
      Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/emerald-dream/Boogal/simple
      17 traits
      Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/rankings/character/21010315/10/#metric=bossdps

My DPS is really comically low. These logs are old and I hadn't read the compendium at the time, but even after doing that I can't stay above like 160k on target dummies. Simcraft is telling me I should be pushing close to 300k, and the people in the Warrior discord tell me that I should be able to get pretty close to those numbers.

So can someone just come meet me in Skyhold and help me out or something? I've read about the rotation, and had people tell me it, but I just need someone to like see what I'm doing wrong or something.

I'm Boogal on Emerald Dream US, horde side. Send me a whisper or reply here I guess.
    • By molodirazz
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - Experience on 4 or more bosses in EN Mythic.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684  or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      All applications will be reviewed and considered however if you are playing a class/spec combination we need then your chances of joining will be higher.
      A little bit of info about us:
      We are a group of friends and serious raiders on EU Twisting Nether looking to recruit skilled like-minded players into our roster for Mythic Legion raids. We will offer a sociable and fun raiding environment while maintaining a strong desire for progression. Our Discord is very active and we encourage all members to chat and play together not only for raids.

We currently raid Wednesday, Sunday and Tuesday 19:00-22:00 server time. We run social/alt raids during off days in which all ranks of the guild are welcome to come to. Our members also play other games outside raid times together where anyone is also welcome to join(LoL, Dota, HotS, Overwatch etc.).
      Our loot system for Mythic is RC Loot Council.
      What we expect from you:
      - We are a raiding guild with a 3 days a week schedule that you are expected to attend. However we understand things can come up but please let us know.
      - Be able to speak and understand the English language and not be afraid to communicate with other members during raids.
      - Actively doing dungeons and world quests to gear in preparation for raids. This includes improving your artifact weapon.
      - Have a strong understanding of the current raid tier and be able to play your class to it's potential.
      - Always come to raids prepared (i.e. bringing food and potions, etc).
      - Come fully gemmed and enchanted with the correct stats for your class and spec.
      - Access to Discord and a working microphone.
      - Have a computer that can handle 20 man raiding.
      - Exorsus Raid Tools and RC Loot Council addons installed. We may ask you to install others.
      - 5 or more Mythic boss kills.
      You will receive a response within 3 days but probably within 1. The trial process will last 2 weeks, sometimes longer. During the trial period you will not have loot priority over raiders however you may of course still roll.
      If you have any further questions please contact us at battletags: Vims#21684 or go to our website http://asylum-tn.enjin.com/ .
      __________________________________________________________________________________
      We're currently looking for the classes below but may consider other classes as well.
      Monk: Healer.
      Druid: Balance and Guardian.
      Priest: Shadow and Holy
      Other dps will also be considered.
    • By Iose
      Hi, i am Iose, a newb ass 866 DH DPS. Can i please have some help to boost my DPS? 
      This is my fight with Star Auger Etraeus, my most recent fight with current gear and talents shown on armoury.
      Thanks in advance
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 8/10N NH 4/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
       If you are interested, you can either reply to this thread and link your most recent combat logs for review, make a character on our realm and inbox me, or hit me up on real ID (violentravi#1826).  Alternatively, if you are old school, please apply via our website:  http://www.adelante-guild.com
      Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By Esabeth
      Our mission is to enjoy World of Warcraft with old and new friends, defeat Azeroth’s enemies, experience daring sagas and savor the land of Azeroth and beyond.

Ascendency is a guild comprised of sociable, mature (21+), team oriented and easy going players. We are looking for more with similar affinities wanting to explore the game and all its aspects all while having fun. All classes are welcomed. Here’s what we offer:

Faction: Horde
      Server: US-Thrall – EST
      Member Type: Adult (21+) Working class w/full time jobs
      Voice Service: Discord
      Social Community: 
      Bi-monthly guild contests/activities, holiday events, and general achievement runs.
      We strive to foster a guild community that represents our values and serve as a home for members, our focus for Legion will be PVE Raid content, Group Mythic Dungeon runs, PVP content, and Achievements. 
      Raid: 
      For those dedicated, who seek a challenge, and are able to progressively ascend higher-level content, come join the Ascendant Legion to defeat Azeroth’s enemies.

Details: Normal progression
      Dedicated/dynamic Team
      Tuesday - 8PM EST (3hr)/Wednesday - 8PM EST (3hr)
      We are 7/7 Emerald Night, 3/3 Trial of Valor and 3/10 Nighthold on the first week!
      Currently Recruiting:
      Death Knight - Tank Demon Hunter - Tank Druid - Tank, Range Dps or Healer Mage - Dps Monk - Tank, Dps or Healer Paladin - Tank or Healer Priest - Healer Shaman - Range Dps Warlock - Dps Hunter - Range Dps
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

PVP:
      For those interested in competing together to slay opposing faction players, join and help forge a merciless cadre of champions.

Details: Battlegrounds/Thursdays - 8:30PM EST (2hrs)
      Class: The one you enjoy 

Group Mythic Dungeons:
      For those interested in challenging themselves outside of Raids, then the new Mythic Dungeons feature could be the right fit for you. You get showcase your talents and get rewarded with increasing challenges and loot. Mythic groups will be more fluid than our raid group and can be run on more accommodating night for players with fluctuating schedules.

Details: 5-Man Group
      Sunday/Monday-8PM EST (2hrs)
      Loot: Personal
      Class: The one you enjoy (with a chosen off-spec kept up to date)

Achievements: 
      As an effort to promote the guild’s values, We plan to seek both old content and new, accomplishing those more elusive ones as a group while having a great time. Achievements like For the Horde, Herald of the Titans, meta-raid, and dungeon achievements are some of the achievement we will be looking complete. Our goal is work together and support fellow members to accomplish some the games toughest achievements. Some require a team to complete or at the very least make it easier.

Details: Ascendency Members/As scheduled

Guild Communication:
      The guild has a paid web site, Facebook page and a Twitter account enabling members to socialize and stay informed with the latest and greatest. The website is our primary location to keep up with happenings of the guild.
      http://ascendency.guildlaunch.com/
      https://www.facebook.com/ascendencyguild
      Twitter: Ascendencyguild

Kyriale#1795 - Jyotika
      Esabeth#1634 - Caelaera
      Feorne#1606 - Nóz
      Kelden#1324 - Stormdash