FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  

Kil'jaeden's Cunning and Fel Flame

As a destruction warlock, I am wondering whether using Kil'jaeden's Cunning with incinerate replaces the use of Fel Flame on the move?

[2nd question: or is it just better to go with AD than use KC]

Most warlocks use kjc. The dps difference is a theoretical wash, and a realistic gain.

You shouldn't be casting fel flame when using kj, unless something weird happens with fight mechanics, think thok.

Dark Soul it's not a big deal for Destro locks.

It's worse than any trinket procs.

So, have a better movement and smooth playstyle it's better than a micro-minor-nano dps increase,

There's no fight where AD it's required, only fights where it's nearly better as Norushen and Fallen Protectors.

IMO KJC is far better than AD.  Outside of the realm of DPS, player position is very important.  Being able to non stop micro adjust your position relative to players around you or environmental changes without skipping a beat is hugely powerful.  You can use Fel Flame, Conflag, RoF as your instants while micro managing movement, but thoughtless incim spam is superior IMO.

PS, I don't rank. lol

• Like 1

IMO KJC is far better than AD.  Outside of the realm of DPS, player position is very important.  Being able to non stop micro adjust your position relative to players around you or environmental changes without skipping a beat is hugely powerful.  You can use Fel Flame, Conflag, RoF as your instants while micro managing movement, but thoughtless incim spam is superior IMO.

PS, I don't rank. lol

"It's pretty easy to calculate the DPS of a corpse."

^^. I agree with you. I've recently been playing on a hunter alt, and while it's more just a reaction to relaxation, because the rotation feels super easy to be adequate with, the fact that I absolutely never have to stop moving is ridiculous. Because I know the fights well from my warlock, I can always be adjusting my positioning, because managing the rotation is easy (second nature on my lock, by now), I often pull numbers way above what I should because I'm not in trouble from fight mechanics. That said, AD, when managed well, is a DPS increase. But my argument for KJC is the same as my argument for haste > crit as destro. More flexibility is always a good thing. Warlocks have a unique combination of ridiculous damage mitigation, mechanical exploits (demo circle), and amazing damage of all types. Having the flexibility to manage these priorities in real time, in a raid environment, is more valuable than the 20k DPS you'd gain from 1 extra DS, and tracking our procs, defensives, dot damages, CC priorities, and fight mechanics is enough. I won't say locks are the hardest class to play, but IMO they're up there, even destro, when played to max efficiency. It's hard enough for me to remember to use shadow ward every time it's up, SacPac @ damage bursts, and keep my dps @ 300k. I don't need to throw in making sure I'm casting fel flame while I have to move. lol.

Fel Flame is good for quickly sniping totems and banners on Galakras, but otherwise no.

If you see someone's logs using AD and they don't have a significant amount of Fel Flame usage, they either had god-mode RNG to not get picked by anything and need to move or they were breaking the ABC rule.