FORUMS
Damien

Mythic+ Tank Tier List

Guest Blood dk, Purgatory

They have a semi cheat death abilitie, on a faster cd then dh 

Guest Kirron-Aerie Peak

The paragraph about Resto Shaman states they are the only healer with an interrupt. In Shadowlands, Resto Druids have access to Cyclone, a hard cc, in all talent trees.

8 hours ago, Guest Kirron-Aerie Peak said:

The paragraph about Resto Shaman states they are the only healer with an interrupt. In Shadowlands, Resto Druids have access to Cyclone, a hard cc, in all talent trees.

Hey Kirron-Aerie, thank you for the output!
What you suggest is something we call "CC" in other words, crowd-control which is not exactly as an interrupt. It disturbs the casts but does not interrupt it, else you can argue that monk's Ring of Peace, Paladin HoJ and so on is also some kind of an interrupt.
Example why interrupt is stronger can be expressed by referencing bosses, who are unable to be cycloned, implying that an interrupt will weight more than a hard CC!

On 10/25/2020 at 2:22 AM, Guest Blood dk, Purgatory said:

They have a semi cheat death abilitie, on a faster cd then dh 

Hey Blood-Dk,
While you are not far from the truth, the VDH form of cheat-death is far better than the pseudo BDK cheat death, or as you said it yourself "semi-cheat". But yes, they do have that and that's an interesting detail you mentioned indeed!

12 hours ago, Guest Gal said:

Mistweaver Monks can also get rid of bursting stacks through revival.

Yep! That's also a good addition to further showcase the power of the Mistweave Monks!

Guest RIP Prot Pallies ...

RIP Prot Pallies ... Once again the public forced Blizzard to make changes to the Paladin class & the Protection spec as the result of content creators and streamers which isnt that good of players complaining about Paladins are tooo OP... YAAAS! once again Demon hunters get the royal treatment ,,, And dont let me get started on the brew masters ,,,, DK will stay ok ... and lucky they left druids alone and the warriors on the tanking matter,,, THIS HAS TO STOP BLIZZARD STOP doing this to players and specs ... 

Guest Naomile

Yo I'm sorry but by no means does prot warrior fall down that far. And furthermore its more of the player and their skill set then the actual character it self.

Guest Enix

Quite simply just wrong about the warrior. One of the most mobile tanks and it's toolkit is awesome. It holds threat if you actually have a clue how to play it. Guessing whoever wrote this just spammed revenge and ignore pain and wondered why they kept dying. 

On 11/16/2020 at 9:41 PM, Guest Kainin said:

You say priest have no other external CD's, but also mention PI... 

External CDs in a form of defensive externals, such as Pain Supression. PI as an offensive CD

19 hours ago, Guest Enix said:

Quite simply just wrong about the warrior. One of the most mobile tanks and it's toolkit is awesome. It holds threat if you actually have a clue how to play it. Guessing whoever wrote this just spammed revenge and ignore pain and wondered why they kept dying. 

This tier list was written with the help of class theorycrafters and top end Mythic+ tanks and their overall opinion. While the class itself is not by any means bad, compared to other tanks, falls behind. 

On 11/26/2020 at 11:40 PM, Guest Naomile said:

Yo I'm sorry but by no means does prot warrior fall down that far. And furthermore its more of the player and their skill set then the actual character it self.

You could argue with that on every class, compared to the rest of the tanks in Mythic+, Prot Warrior does perform the least out of all of them. This by no means translates into do NOT play warrior, but rather showcasing pros and cons and compared the tanks to each another!

Guest The Panda Lover

This article is a joke. 

I main a holy priest, we have 2 CDs divine hymn and if you select it for a talent Holy Word: Salvation. 

I understand us being at the bottom in terms on damage, but someone saying we dont have CDs you make me laugh. Divine hymn has saved so many of my mythic runs like you wouldn't believe from burst damage. 

Guest The Panda Lover

Holy priest do have a party CD. It's called divine hymn hits everyone in your party or raid group within range. It heals 5 times in a row. Very handy has saved many many mythics because of this CD. 

Also we have Holy Word: Salvation if selected in talents. 

One more thing, holy priest can interupt spell casting with one of their damaging spells, I use it all the time,it's just not useful against elites or bosses. I cant think of the spell name atm because I'm not logged in.

Also in terms of mobility We can talent in feathers that give you a speed boost to gtfo. Or you can cast it for other party members who need a speed boost. 

Guest Enix

I wonder how many keys I've been declined as a prot warrior because of this stupid tier list... This list seems detrimental to the game as a whole.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:53 AM, Guest The Panda Lover said:

This article is a joke. 

I main a holy priest, we have 2 CDs divine hymn and if you select it for a talent Holy Word: Salvation. 

I understand us being at the bottom in terms on damage, but someone saying we dont have CDs you make me laugh. Divine hymn has saved so many of my mythic runs like you wouldn't believe from burst damage. 

Hey The Panda Lover, 

Thank you for the feedback of our article. Unfortunately Holy Priest is the lowest rated healer on our tierlist, not only for the lowerst damage output but also for the lack of external DR (Damage Reduction) cooldown, which is something that is very importnat rather than pure HPS. I do agree with you, I think in terms of raw output, Holy Priest is great and can shine at any key level, but unfortunately the overall package is not enough for the spec to be placed anywhere higher as for now.

Guest this is wrong

When clicking on the comments for the Mythic+ Healer rankings it takes you to this thread on Mythic+ Tank ratings.

Either way, I'd really like to see something that's not an opinion on why Druid is S-Tier and Shaman is just B-Tier.

Statistically, currently on the Mythic+ leaderboards, Shamans make up roughly 48% of all healers.  Paladins are next at roughly 27% followed by Druids and Priests both sitting around 12%.  Mistweaver monks are abysmal sitting at around 1%.

There's 0 chance that a B tier healer would make up almost half of all healers in high keys.  There's also 0 chance that an S tier healer would be represented at sub 20%

This tier list is incredibly inaccurate when looking at the raw numbers.  Forget the author's opinion about specs, their abilities, and their utility.  This is about raw numbers which is what matters at the end of the day.  The people pushing for world firsts and world records don't care about theoretical utility and theoretically how well a spec/class could do, which seems to be what the author is basing his opinion on.  Shamans are by and far the only S-Tier.  Paladins are A-Tier.  Druids and priests are B-Tier.  Monks are straight to F-Tier.

On 1/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, Guest this is wrong said:

When clicking on the comments for the Mythic+ Healer rankings it takes you to this thread on Mythic+ Tank ratings.

Either way, I'd really like to see something that's not an opinion on why Druid is S-Tier and Shaman is just B-Tier.

Statistically, currently on the Mythic+ leaderboards, Shamans make up roughly 48% of all healers.  Paladins are next at roughly 27% followed by Druids and Priests both sitting around 12%.  Mistweaver monks are abysmal sitting at around 1%.

There's 0 chance that a B tier healer would make up almost half of all healers in high keys.  There's also 0 chance that an S tier healer would be represented at sub 20%

This tier list is incredibly inaccurate when looking at the raw numbers.  Forget the author's opinion about specs, their abilities, and their utility.  This is about raw numbers which is what matters at the end of the day.  The people pushing for world firsts and world records don't care about theoretical utility and theoretically how well a spec/class could do, which seems to be what the author is basing his opinion on.  Shamans are by and far the only S-Tier.  Paladins are A-Tier.  Druids and priests are B-Tier.  Monks are straight to F-Tier.

Hey, thank you for showing interesting in our healer tierlist. This tierlist is due to be updated very soon. There were no patches or changes whatsoever in regards of any healing class recently, but the scaling made some classes better than others, as well as, unlocking more conduits and soulbinds. Thank you for the support!

Guest did you played holy?

you are just making imposible get any slot in mythic for some classes with your wrong critery

Guest Stimmo
On 10/29/2020 at 1:58 AM, Guest Kirron-Aerie Peak said:

Might aswell mention hex then.

Also good luck casting cyclone to interrupt a fast spell.

Guest Llokki

Any chance you could properly explain the reordering of the rankings, especially for healers? Holy Paladin and Resto Druid have swapped places as best and mid-tier, yet the only updates to the explanation of each class lists Resto getting buffs to some of their healing spells, and Holy getting a nerf to the mana cost of holy shock? So a nerf makes you better and a buff makes you worse now?? I have to imagine that it has something to do with the current meta, but having it properly explained instead of having the same description that has been there for months, even when they were ordered differently, doesn't help at all.