FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Priest Atonement Healing Still Broken on Live Servers

31833-patch-73-tier-21-priest.jpg

Due to scaling, Atonement healing is currently broken on retail and it heals for low amounts of health unless you are at maximum level.

According to Valderg, Priest Atonement Atonement healing is missing a 0 in the calculation, so it heals for 5% instead of 50%.

wrzr2nipaet51.png

It appears the bug hasn't been fixed yet on live servers four days after the pre-patch went live.

Source: r/wow

• Like 3

While it's an understandably frustrating bug, this reddit post highlights the disgusting level of entitlement that WOW power users now exhibit. Every problem is met with quick vitriol and aggression. YouTubers hold the game hostage, tearing down developers and gassing up casual players who remain largely unaffected by most changes implemented. 

Whatever happened to saying please? I know it sounds corny, but maybe treating developers like the (extremely stressed) people that they are?

So it is broken, and i was standing there with a pikachu face wondering why my atonement hits healed for 1. I wanted to level my priest but don't like either holy nor shadow for dungeons/open world, how could they make such mistake? At least it's not on the actual release of an xpac.

39 minutes ago, durdyenglish said:

While it's an understandably frustrating bug, this reddit post highlights the disgusting level of entitlement that WOW power users now exhibit. Every problem is met with quick vitriol and aggression. YouTubers hold the game hostage, tearing down developers and gassing up casual players who remain largely unaffected by most changes implemented. 

Whatever happened to saying please? I know it sounds corny, but maybe treating developers like the (extremely stressed) people that they are?

Except this is a playerbase that pays on a monthly basis, on top of other payments, to play this game made by one of the biggest gaming companies in the world. And if the recent screenshots and posts by the members of the private dev forums and discord are anything to go by, a lot of the more vocal devs really don't seem that interested in ANY sort of discourse with the playerbase - polite or otherwise.

Equally, this is a mechanic that is fundamental to the core gameplay of the spec and it hasn't worked for 5 days in the US and 4 days in the EU. It's also not the first post made on the topic. This was reported since the release of the patch onto the live client and I've not even seen any acknowledgement from Blizzard on it, let alone any word on a fix. I'm certainly not omniscient so I may have missed somewhere they posted, but at the time of this post I've not been able to find any myself. 

57 minutes ago, Anaeya said:

Except this is a playerbase that pays on a monthly basis, on top of other payments, to play this game made by one of the biggest gaming companies in the world. And if the recent screenshots and posts by the members of the private dev forums and discord are anything to go by, a lot of the more vocal devs really don't seem that interested in ANY sort of discourse with the playerbase - polite or otherwise.

Equally, this is a mechanic that is fundamental to the core gameplay of the spec and it hasn't worked for 5 days in the US and 4 days in the EU. It's also not the first post made on the topic. This was reported since the release of the patch onto the live client and I've not even seen any acknowledgement from Blizzard on it, let alone any word on a fix. I'm certainly not omniscient so I may have missed somewhere they posted, but at the time of this post I've not been able to find any myself. 

You've missed my point.

Priest are not the only one in this boat , it is a core mechanic so it got 'priority' for fixing i guess but its only one of many spell/class that just don't work as intended ?

7 hours ago, durdyenglish said:

You've missed my point.

your point is trash and radically outdated.  The only entitlement here is that of a customer's expect when the world's largest MMO can't seem to be bothered to communicate with their customers when something does not meet baseline expectations (a spec core function doesn't work).  This isn't tuning or complaints about game systems. It's negligence in even the most basic beta testing.  As a former tester I can assure you I reported numerous bugs on low level alts but they made the process completely different than test max level content.  

4 hours ago, durdyenglish said:

case in point

Do you actually have any arguments or just dismissals at anyone that disagrees with you?

1 hour ago, Yojiro said:

Do you actually have any arguments or just dismissals at anyone that disagrees with you?

My argument is that the WoW Community has become entitled and toxic. Responses to my point have exhibited demonstrative language to said point. 

23 hours ago, Belzedup said:

So it is broken, and i was standing there with a pikachu face wondering why my atonement hits healed for 1. I wanted to level my priest but don't like either holy nor shadow for dungeons/open world, how could they make such mistake? At least it's not on the actual release of an xpac.

Yes, it seems people have forgotten one of the biggest reasons for there being a pre-patch, which is to test all changes and squash all bugs before the ACTUAL content launches. Only so much can be done in closed beta, live servers are where they are most likely to chase down any remaining issues.

This is understandably frustrating, but it does not warrant rudeness towards developers or QA staff. They are just people, all trying to do a job in the face of a global pandemic and large scale company and/or industry budget cuts.

Edited by durdyenglish

2 hours ago, durdyenglish said:

Yes, it seems people have forgotten one of the biggest reasons for there being a pre-patch, which is to test all changes and squash all bugs before the ACTUAL content launches. Only so much can be done in closed beta, live servers are where they are most likely to chase down any remaining issues.

This is understandably frustrating, but it does not warrant rudeness towards developers or QA staff. They are just people, all trying to do a job in the face of a global pandemic and large scale company and/or industry budget cuts.

I think you are forgetting that there is a thing called the "PTR" (Public TEST Realms). THAT is where the testing should be taken place as that is literally what it is designed for. Its not closed, if you have an active sub you are freely able to download it and test to your hearts content.

You are way off base for saying people should accept these bugs which effectively delete a spec from the game, on the notion that "its pre-patch so its expected". The test realms are there for testing, the live realms are there for playing. If people cannot play a spec that they pay a lump sum to acquire and then a montly payment ontop, they are well within their rights to complain. I don't think many people would argue against the fact that the developers are underpaid and overworked, but unfortunately that is largely irreleavant. We pay for a product and if that product is barely functional, or has key broken elements which render the game unplayable, it's in breach of consumer rights as we are paying for a product we cannot use. Everyone expects bugs, and id argue most people are fine with bugs, especially during a pre-patch which contained significant overhauls, but when something is completely unplayable, you have to see thats not ok?

Think of it like this, If you updated your phone to the latest version, and it just said when you turned it on "You are using an *insert make here* phone, therefore you cant use your phone until we decide to get round to fixing the software specific to your make", i assume you'd be quite rightly irked! Maybe not, i don't know you, but if you can honestly say you'd be completely fine with paying for a product that you physcially cannot use, you put us all to shame, but regardless of what you say on an anonymous forum, i'd expect you'd react like most of the population!

5 hours ago, Asurex said:

I think you are forgetting that there is a thing called the "PTR" (Public TEST Realms). THAT is where the testing should be taken place as that is literally what it is designed for. Its not closed, if you have an active sub you are freely able to download it and test to your hearts content.

You are way off base for saying people should accept these bugs which effectively delete a spec from the game, on the notion that "its pre-patch so its expected". The test realms are there for testing, the live realms are there for playing. If people cannot play a spec that they pay a lump sum to acquire and then a montly payment ontop, they are well within their rights to complain. I don't think many people would argue against the fact that the developers are underpaid and overworked, but unfortunately that is largely irreleavant. We pay for a product and if that product is barely functional, or has key broken elements which render the game unplayable, it's in breach of consumer rights as we are paying for a product we cannot use. Everyone expects bugs, and id argue most people are fine with bugs, especially during a pre-patch which contained significant overhauls, but when something is completely unplayable, you have to see thats not ok?

Think of it like this, If you updated your phone to the latest version, and it just said when you turned it on "You are using an *insert make here* phone, therefore you cant use your phone until we decide to get round to fixing the software specific to your make", i assume you'd be quite rightly irked! Maybe not, i don't know you, but if you can honestly say you'd be completely fine with paying for a product that you physcially cannot use, you put us all to shame, but regardless of what you say on an anonymous forum, i'd expect you'd react like most of the population!

Yes, prove me wrong with a lengthy rant.

13 hours ago, durdyenglish said:

Yes, prove me wrong with a lengthy rant.

Detail to cover all my bases makes my argument invalid? I dont think so fam! I guess seeing as you refuse to refute the points made, you know you are wrong and instead of admitting so, you resort to meaningless statements! When you are ready to discuss it like an adult, i'm happy to do so! Cheers ?

Edited by Asurex

2 hours ago, Asurex said:

Detail to cover all my bases makes my argument invalid? I dont think so fam! I guess seeing as you refuse to refute the points made, you know you are wrong and instead of admitting so, you resort to meaningless statements! When you are ready to discuss it like an adult, i'm happy to do so! Cheers ?

Your analysis is flawed as the entire product is not unplayable; only one gameplay element for one specialization of one class within the product is unplayable. This is a far cry from "entirely unplayable."

To that point, there is almost never a software release by any company on any platform that comes without initial bugs. In this age of quick internet speeds, companies would rather make a deadline and push out large updates later than constantly delay the base framework of their product.

The PTR is a good place to catch bugs, of course, but FAR more people play on live servers. This is why I stated that the pre-patch is also a great time for bug squashing.

The continued backlash from my original comment only stands to strengthen my point. People need to understand there's a process and that real, live, fallible humans operate said process. For clarity, I indeed would be frustrated if I played a Discipline priest, but I would also just simply play Holy until the fix went live. After years of WOW and other update dependant games (dating back to Everquest), I have come to expect all patches to come with a transition period of bugs and hotfixes.

If you are expecting anything more (or less?), you have unrealistic expectations.

On 10/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, durdyenglish said:

Your analysis is flawed as the entire product is not unplayable; only one gameplay element for one specialization of one class within the product is unplayable. This is a far cry from "entirely unplayable."

To that point, there is almost never a software release by any company on any platform that comes without initial bugs. In this age of quick internet speeds, companies would rather make a deadline and push out large updates later than constantly delay the base framework of their product.

The PTR is a good place to catch bugs, of course, but FAR more people play on live servers. This is why I stated that the pre-patch is also a great time for bug squashing.

The continued backlash from my original comment only stands to strengthen my point. People need to understand there's a process and that real, live, fallible humans operate said process. For clarity, I indeed would be frustrated if I played a Discipline priest, but I would also just simply play Holy until the fix went live. After years of WOW and other update dependant games (dating back to Everquest), I have come to expect all patches to come with a transition period of bugs and hotfixes.

If you are expecting anything more (or less?), you have unrealistic expectations.

Grand, an actual response. Much appreciated! So lets start from the top:

In practise, yes you are completely correct, the vast majority of the other classes/specs are compeltely functional. However that does not mean that the game is playable for all players. Read my comparison to the "phone" example, which you seem to have glossed over. "X" brand phone stops working, meaning people with "X" brand phones, cannot use their phone, it does not mean that all phones do not work. So in WoW terms, for all the disc priest players, who play disc and only disc, yes it absolutely means that the game is entirely unplayable. Furthermore, saying "just play another spec till it works", is not an acceptable arguement. You should never be forced to play (nor not play) something because it does not function at its core.

As a rule of thumb i'd agree, getting the product in more people hands to test and find bugs is a good thing. However when the base framework is broken, i don't think thats acceptable.  If im a car manufacturer and i want someone to test a base model of my car, but i dont put wheels on it, it cant be tested properly. Its a crap analogy i know, but it serves the purpose.

Yup, agree with that, as i stated: "Everyone expects bugs, and id argue most people are fine with bugs, especially during a pre-patch which contained significant overhauls".  The issue i took with one of your statements, is that you made out that a closed beta was the only place that these things which can be testing, which is factually incorrect. Many more people will still play live than a PTR, which is why we are getting many bugs discovered in pre-patch that were not noted in PTR, especially when it comes to levelling content, as most people are not going to spend time levelling or exploiting levelling on PTR.

I think the main reason people take issue with your comment, is not for lack of understanding that there is a process and real people behind the scenes, people know and respect that (for the most part), its why a vast majority of players are very happy shadowlands is being delayed, as they know that the people just need more time to get it right. However where I and i would expect very many people draw the line, is when the actions of these people behind the scenes prevent us from using a product that we pay a fee to access and a fee to keep playing.

As i said before, telling people to "just play holy" is not acceptable in the slightest. Disc is a completely different play style, it has different strengths, weaknesses compared to holy and requres completely different gear sets. Take a look at warcraft logs for M+, look up up healing priests and just look across the entire expac. Notice how out of like 100 discs in the top 10s across all the dungeons, there is 1/2 holy players? Safe to assume disc is what is needed in M+, so telling all of those to "just play holy", is like trying to tell firefighers to put out a forest fire with water pistols. Furthermore, say this happened to a Resto Druid. Their hots all of a sudden did 5% of the healing they're supposed to do, what other healing spec would you reccommend they play? Paladin, Monk, Shaman they dont have the luxury of just swapping to another healing spec, so if they were broken, what do you suggest, just dont use the product you pay for?

We all expect things to take time and be a bit wonky for a while, but i honestly do not believe it is an unrealistic expectation to log into a character and expect to be able to play it. Yes i expect bugs, yes i expect some funky interactions from time to time, but i do not expect to log into a "release" version of a class and spec and simply be told no.

Edited by Asurex