FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
emitecaps

Question about Arcane

Just had a question about going Arcane from Frost. Right now i'm running a mix build on my Frost Mage and i'm at about 55% mastery. (can be more with reforges)

I've read the Arcane guide and looked over the forums and stuff, but can't find anything about how much mastery I need to make Arcane better than Frost. Should i shoot for haste softcap? or just reforge everything to mastery? Even if i did reforge everything to Mastery would it be enough to see higher dps than i do as Frost? I'll link my armory for people to see and maybe help point me in the right direction! thanks!

I'm doing about 250k dps as Frost mix build atm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Emitecaps/advanced

Just had a question about going Arcane from Frost. Right now i'm running a mix build on my Frost Mage and i'm at about 55% mastery. (can be more with reforges)

I've read the Arcane guide and looked over the forums and stuff, but can't find anything about how much mastery I need to make Arcane better than Frost. Should i shoot for haste softcap? or just reforge everything to mastery? Even if i did reforge everything to Mastery would it be enough to see higher dps than i do as Frost? I'll link my armory for people to see and maybe help point me in the right direction! thanks!

I'm doing about 250k dps as Frost mix build atm.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/illidan/Emitecaps/advanced

With your gear, you will probably be better off staying Frost. Unless you play significantly better as Arcane than Frost, you will not likely see a DPS increase. You can try it and see what you think, but I would doubt it would be any higher. 

There is also the question of what content you are participating in. From the looks of it, you are doing normals and flex. There is a bit of difference between 10 man and 25 in terms of personal responsibility. It is a little tougher to play optimally as Arcane in a 10 man environment than it is in 25. 

Ultimately, it's up to you. Run some LFR's or flex wings and see what you think. The factors that determine one's DPS are often too numerous to be answered by some dude on the internet tongue.png

Edited by Methusula
  • Like 1

Do not feel 'forced' to go Arcane at all. Why do you want to go Arcane in the first place? 250k with your level of gear is very nice, you won't see higher numbers as Arcane, trust me.

Heh, thanks guys you are right i did run a bunch of tests and spent a little gold and determined Arcane wasn't as good as frost at my item level.