FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ShatterSt0rm

Need Help Understanding Builds

Hi,

I’m new to Diablo 3, and I’m on Switch (if that makes a difference). 

I blazed through campaign on normal before learning much about the game. I had gotten myself some solid affixes on gear, but then started reading up on post game stuff, grabbed the season set for my Crusader and trying to build the Thorns set.

i unwisely salvaged my Old gear but it’s not carrying me into the Torment X I’m currently at but what’s carrying me is my damage output.

My question is how should I have done this? My vitality, strength, %life, life per hit, etc are way worse than when I was running rares  and legendaries. Sold I be trying to hit at the priority stats started in the builds or what? While I’ve acquired most of the items, their affixes are bad and I’m using all my resources to try and roll better ones with no such luck.

Any community help would be appreciated. sorry for the long post.

I`m just an average player keep in mind.

Most of my season runs consists of me having an idea in mind. But not being able to get to it straight away. Cause there often is a green starting set i dont really want to play. But it makes those higher torment and GR runs go much faster.

Completing a set often just gives you +6 torment levels instantly. I just roll with the build. Look it up on icy veins. Get the right items till i got all of them. Then i focus on the items i really want on the build i had in mind. I could be spending like 20-30 hours collecting all the gear on the build i wanted to play. Once i got the right items i might drop a couple of torment levels. But i find this strategy to go much faster.

Playing 4 hours a day of diablo 3. I usually have a very solid base to start from within one week. With every item i want at least once. After that i go bounties and GR for quick experience. I am sure there is a faster strategy. But i like to get like 400 paragon levels quickly. Especially the 25% movement boost. And do a bit of everything. Leveling those legendary gems and do multiple tasks as once. Targeting the fastest boosts to my build first.

Edited by MogortheOgre

10 hours ago, ShatterSt0rm said:

Hi,

I’m new to Diablo 3, and I’m on Switch (if that makes a difference). 

I blazed through campaign on normal before learning much about the game. I had gotten myself some solid affixes on gear, but then started reading up on post game stuff, grabbed the season set for my Crusader and trying to build the Thorns set.

i unwisely salvaged my Old gear but it’s not carrying me into the Torment X I’m currently at but what’s carrying me is my damage output.

My question is how should I have done this? My vitality, strength, %life, life per hit, etc are way worse than when I was running rares  and legendaries. Sold I be trying to hit at the priority stats started in the builds or what? While I’ve acquired most of the items, their affixes are bad and I’m using all my resources to try and roll better ones with no such luck.

Any community help would be appreciated. sorry for the long post.

Diablo is an interesting game in which your damage output scales FAR faster than your survivability, due to how gear works. On most classes, you will almost always have close to zero defensive stats on your gear, instead opting for full damage output, and relying on your abilities, paragon, gems, and general skill to keep you alive (or, in the case of group play, your support players).

For Torment play, you will normally just 1-shot most enemies, hence removing the need for survivability there (players even often take off damage-enhancing gear for more movement speed effects).

The Thorns set is somewhat different, in that your damage scales through means other than the usual DPS stats. Make sure that you have enough +Thorns on your secondaries and then just pump your stats into strength/survivability. You can fine-tune it with the guide later, but for now, you need to survive long enough for your Thorns to kill things before they kill you. Also focus on your ability usage.

Just wanted to say thanks for the input. I stopped playing since it was end of S21 wen I started and then tried again in S22. Doing better. Learned tricks along the way that have helped, watched videos, read stuff, etc. 

i need help I play on ps3 however i dont seem to have a leader board or access to seasons Is it because I play on ps3 Or can I get the cube 

On 12/24/2020 at 8:13 AM, hyi2u said:

i need help I play on ps3 however i dont seem to have a leader board or access to seasons Is it because I play on ps3 Or can I get the cube 

PS3 does not have seasons, only PC, PS4, and XBOne. Well, I'm not actually sure about the Switch.