FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
indrek21

destro/affly warlocks

Wow, the warlock moderators here are really becoming semi respectable.

Zag and I met at BlizzCon and came up with the idea for a guild when Mythic was announced. Neither of us were happy with the guild we were in so when we found out our 10mans would have to die or evolve anyways, we went Old Yeller on our guilds and started recruiting. 

5 months later, everyone is 14/14HM and on our way to a strong WoD guild.

Btw, I came up with our name.

Depending on your raid comp, Destruction might be highly useful and utilized.  Evrelia is one of the best Affliction Warlocks in the world, so his decision to get Destruction for particular fights should be noted.  He's also referencing heroics, so keep that in mind.  The reason for Destruction on Galakras is how simple AoE is for Destruction.  For Spoils, it's HIGHLY useful for taking care of the Sparks that are heroic only.  Otherwise, even Shadowburn spam can make Destruction pull ahead - but this is comp and strategy driven.  He notes that depending on the amount of AoE they have, he bounces between Affliction and Destruction.  Since his group has had SoO on farm for quite some time, his Affliction parses are going to be gorgeous.  Keep in mind that the AoE he's referencing is the mines that come out.  They are handled very differently based on strategy and different between 10 and 25 man.  For Heroic Garrosh, the fight is so long that Destruction is the only thing that can keep pace.  It's also incredibly useful for the Engineers and doing execute on the move.

If by semicore you mean limited Heroic progression, you should be fine to play whatever spec you choose.  Just practice on being the best at whatever you choose to be and you'll be more than fine.  We are extremely overpowered, so enjoy it while it lasts.

thanks for the reply ,

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/bloodhoof/Nalar/simple

i was just curious , im sorta new to my guild im in and with thier help can be better in afflic, for me its just so urgh as i need eyes in the back of my head to play it , i played afflic old school (where you had shadowbolt as a filler), i have also gone 10124 so i dont need to do anything as in the way of reforging or regemming , but have 1 small question , i managed to get Hc KTT last week so using that in Destro spec , but when swapping to afflic spec should I use normal BBoY i have in my bags?

nalar

Stick with the BBoY in my opinion. It's what I used in your situation although I did try both.

Snapshotting the opening (and subsequent) 10 stack especially on short fights or those where your dots are prolonged thanks to soul swap should see BBoY win out.