FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nalar

destro/demo help

I wish I had the extra gear on my lock to get to that much haste. I max out at 13.9k. sad.png

At first I was like "aww, 23k, that's not so much! I have 20k mastery!!

Then I did the maths on if I reforged everything on my gear into haste, and pul 320 yellows in every single socket... Can't break the 18k corruption tick.... Ouch. lol

Edited by Astynax

You don't have 30k Mastery.  I have Mastery on every piece of gear, every gem, all of it and I'm at 24k raid buffed.

You don't have 30k Mastery.  I have Mastery on every piece of gear, every gem, all of it and I'm at 24k raid buffed.

My mistake. Was reading something on my page the other day and thought I saw 30k. I'm sitting at 18k unbuffed. So it was probably mastery @ 20k, and me not having contacts in.

Haha, yeah.  All good.  I did that in D3 the other day - "HOLY SHIT I JUST HIT FOR 189 MILLION!"  After some logic, I realized I hit for 89M and that extra 1 came from the tail end of another number.  Locky just called me out on my shit and I was like damn, you're right.

Lol. I read the % value more often than not, so speaking in terms of X thousand haste/mastery rating just doesn't mean much to me at face. lol.

Also, speaking of mastery rating, is it just me, or is the ordos belt better than the heroic IJ one? Or am I just totally ignorant?

Edited by Astynax

Lol. I read the % value more often than not, so speaking in terms of X thousand haste/mastery rating just doesn't mean much to me at face. lol.

Also, speaking of mastery rating, is it just me, or is the ordos belt better than the heroic IJ one? Or am I just totally ignorant?

You're ignoring Intellect gain from 567 to 574/580.  It's not better.

One thing I've been experimenting with (not my own idea) is Drain Life with Harvest Life talent on the opener. Snapshotting it with tons of haste and int procs when you can't soulfire. Ticks like 12 times in under 3 seconds and does about 2M damage+ if done properly. Really cranks up the opener as it does way more damage than a few ToC's in the same time frame.

Interesting.  I like this type of stuff, outside the box.

I do think I remember reading a while back that you can cast Drain Life and immediately drop meta and you will snapshot the DMG increased DL, but it will generate Fury instead of draining it since your no longer in Meta.

I went and respec'd demo last night and on AMR it says I would loose only 3% mastery

Even at my ilvl (572) but ended up loosing about 10% and that's at 14k haste, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong there,

Do looks like I will be keeping with the dual spec afflic, destro for the time being. Which is a shame really.

But concentrating on afflic for the time being and I think I'm not doing too bad , just got to learn to multi-dot loads if mobs at once , if anyone can give any tips that would be much appreciated, and I do use the addon tidy plates , is there a way of showing or a addon, that shows you how long you have got left on mobs that you 'aren't' targeting?.

Thanks

Nalar

Elvui boss frames or shadowed unit frames.

Almost everything will die in one line of dots, anything else should show up on your boss frames.

Tidyplates does show dot duration though. Make them bigger if you're struggling.