FORUMS
Staff

New Hero Teaser: November 21st

36337-new-hero-teaser-mar-14.jpg

Blizzard today posted the first teaser for an upcoming Hero on Twitter.

Teaser 1 depicts a Murloc skeleton. The community has already started speculating about who the new Hero might be. Some think it may be Hogger. If Blizzard follows their usual schedule, we will get the second teaser tomorrow, with the Hero being unveiled Monday.

4xfVN3e.jpg

Source: Twitter

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Brutalis said:

Glad they're back to bringing established characters into HotS as opposed to designing their own "Nexus" heroes.

???

the last two heroes were Mei and Deathwing wtf are you talking about, and we've only had 2 hots original heroes out of 89

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, GBeast said:

???

the last two heroes were Mei and Deathwing wtf are you talking about, and we've only had 2 hots original heroes out of 89

And both of these nexus born girls are AWESOME.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bambiprsi said:

Orphea, sure

Qhira? are you kidding me? she is the most unlikeable, insufferable *filtered* I've seen in gaming in a long time. She's literally Alarak without the wit and humor that wins people over

5 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Nat Pagle

That skull is the same as the Legion legendary fishing pole

It does look the same, but what about all the armor and weapon laying around? It's like somebody went for a swim.

I'm inclined to throw Brutalis a bone here:

We have a vast library of established character favorites across established lore universes of warcraft, starcraft and diablo. With the slow down of hero releases, it may have been for some - i know it was for me - a disappointment when they created characters from scratch, greatly delaying when we'd next see a familiar favorite.

Edited by TyZone
mixed the names up lol
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GBeast said:

???

See:

55 minutes ago, TyZone said:

We have a vast library of established character favorites across established lore universes of warcraft, starcraft and diablo. With the slow down of hero releases, it may have been for some - i know it was for me - a disappointment when they created characters from scratch, greatly delaying when we'd next see a familiar favorite.

HotS is a game about pitting Arthas against Kerrigan, and playing our favourite characters from the enormous and expansive Blizzard universes. The lore for the game itself is straight trash and so were the heroes they designed for it, and with the game on the backburner the fact they continue to focus on bringing established, beloved, characters rather than giving us more Nexus-universe stuff is great news.

I'm getting strong Hogger vibes there. He was a proposed Hero in 2014, maybe it is finally his time to shine. I still wanna see Mekkatorque in this game, though.

Edited by Valhalen

4 hours ago, Valhalen said:

I'm getting strong Hogger vibes there. He was a proposed Hero in 2014, maybe it is finally his time to shine. I still wanna see Mekkatorque in this game, though.

Considering how much reduced the team is, you'll be waiting for a while :/

Damn shame I say

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Brutalis said:

See:

HotS is a game about pitting Arthas against Kerrigan, and playing our favourite characters from the enormous and expansive Blizzard universes. The lore for the game itself is straight trash and so were the heroes they designed for it, and with the game on the backburner the fact they continue to focus on bringing established, beloved, characters rather than giving us more Nexus-universe stuff is great news.

that's kind of your opinion, man

again I too prefer established characters, but you're pretty heavily projecting what is and is not good. like I personally have encountered near universal praise for Orphea and again you're talking like there's been this massive invasion of nexus original heroes when that is factually untrue lol

18 hours ago, Bambiprsi said:

Please. 

Qhira is the textbook example of "bland". Her archetype is boring as it is and there is no Universe to establish her and make her interseting. Basically black, moody Nova.

Orphea just looks severely out of place and her entire kit just screams "I was supposed to be Old God-related WoW character (or even Yogg-Saron himself in his 'Sara' form)" but I guess having an edgy loli in the roster is appeasing some audience.

Y’all have some real interesting ideas of what’s trash...both of those nexus characters kick *filtered*. Both are extremely fun to play, easy to learn, and massively effective. I say well done, Blizzard. I will always love every “established” character they bring to the table and Hogger does look fun, but they really could’ve have picked a better npc to give us this time around. I love the interaction between Anduin and Varian. They could’ve given us either of Graymane’s children. Specifically Tess who had been struggling with the idea of taking the worsen curse. Or a dark iron like Moira or Thaelin. Those would be witty and most likely have some class act voice lines.