FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
gonlaz

I really need resto help, logs inside

If the OP is still having trouble with Mr robot or stats in general send me a PM or add me on Skype. I'll help you out more.

• Like 1

Alrighty, did some testing, in ToES and Malkorok LFR, I think I improved, much more to do. Odd that my Swiftmend did nto show an uptime but with that super cool warcraft log client I was able to see that I did use it and for how much.

I am not asking anyone to dig through my entire log but if you wouldn't mind taking a peek and seeing what you notice, improvements, things I did not improve on, etc I'd greatly appreciate it! I know you're all busy, thank you

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/829KqFBGTRatXkVY

Edited by gonlaz

For Malkorok, it looks like you were holding back a lot. Lifebloom uptime at 40%, so there's still room for improvement there. Wild Growth usage still seems low. But, Rejuv also seems really low. People in LFR are usually really bad about taking damage from stupid things, so you should be able to bomb out more heals. Even if people aren't taking damage, Malkorok is a great way to test how much you can put out while still managing mana.

That's actually the only fight there in that log that I can see.

• Like 1

You're still under the haste cap according to the armory. You should look into fix it based on what we've said here. Get the 13k breakpoint.

Also I can't access your logs from my phone. And I need to go to bed. I'll try to look at it tomorrow but it seems Kaz got it.

Edited: Your phone really botched a lot of that. Love, Kaz

• Like 1

For Malkorok, it looks like you were holding back a lot. Lifebloom uptime at 40%, so there's still room for improvement there. Wild Growth usage still seems low. But, Rejuv also seems really low. People in LFR are usually really bad about taking damage from stupid things, so you should be able to bomb out more heals. Even if people aren't taking damage, Malkorok is a great way to test how much you can put out while still managing mana.

That's actually the only fight there in that log that I can see.

Yeah I didn't upload toes but I can. I am glad you brought up Rejuv. If I recall correctly, wasn't I using it too much? I still don't think I really understand how to use it and how much not to. Usually if I see a bar dip I pop a rejuv on them if WG is on cd, I may pepper rejuv over and over on fights like that one. How much is too much, etc?

You're still under the haste cap according to the armory. You should look into fix it based on what we've said here. Get the 13k breakpoint.

Also I can't access your logs from my phone. And I need to go to bed. I'll try to look at it tomorrow but it seems Kaz got it.

Edited: Your phone really botched a lot of that. Love, Kaz

Fixed it

Edited by gonlaz

Well I linked you twice to a build that I did for you.  All you need to do is click it, hit "update from armory" and then do what is says.

Here it is again.

http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/1a9dbfc1-676f-40a6-a5c5-7a059940290e

again if you need one-on-one help just add my skype

Ok got it, my bad man. I did not see the previous posts where you linked that again, I apologize for that. Got it, did it and now at 31% haste. Thank you again for the posts! 

Now I need to work on swiftmend and lifebloom. Got to get some good cd trackers. Is there a set you all recommend? Weak Aura's bother me. I'll check out the posts here again and review the guides to see about cd trackers too.

I use WA for everything, pretty much. If they bother you, make them differently so that they don't. There's nothing a CD timer is going to do that WA can't.

To track LB, I more or less just feel out the 15 seconds, especially since I'm usually casting at least something on the tank often enough to keep it going. I can see who it's on and how many stacks it has on my raid frames, so I know if it does happen to fall off. This is probably the area I need to work on most, but TBH I just keep forgetting to make the WA I'm going to.

I use WA for everything, pretty much. If they bother you, make them differently so that they don't. There's nothing a CD timer is going to do that WA can't.

To track LB, I more or less just feel out the 15 seconds, especially since I'm usually casting at least something on the tank often enough to keep it going. I can see who it's on and how many stacks it has on my raid frames, so I know if it does happen to fall off. This is probably the area I need to work on most, but TBH I just keep forgetting to make the WA I'm going to.

Hey I went ahead and added WA and tailored it to hit me up on the things I currently have those real issues with and will build from there. Let me ask you, is there a way to show the 3 stacks of lifebloom? It just kinda shows that it's there but not the stacks

You want to see the stacks on your raid frames or in a WA? 

Sorry, WA. I feel like watching aid frames and WA will be just a bit redundant

Edited by gonlaz

Information like which HoT is on who I keep on my raid frames. If you're using mouseover macros (you should be, that or Clique/similar), it makes it a bit more intuitive. Raid frames are already going to take up a certain amount of space on your screen, and there will be empty space on them. You'll already need to be looking at them to know who to heal and who has which debuffs and will be in need of cooldowns. You're better off using the extra space on your raid frames to keep track of HoTs and simply using Weak Auras for the things that your raid frames can't do. You don't want to clutter your screen.

I use Weak Auras for:

• Tracking cooldowns (everything goes in a list on the left that shows the icon and the time left on the icon)
  • Showing available cooldowns (these appear just as their icon just above the raid frames)
  • Tracking my mushroom's power (between available cooldowns and raid frames)
  • Tracking Lucidity (meta gem) and Omen of Clarity procs (these are on either side of my character)
  • Alerts for the most important CDs (Swiftmend and WG appear as icons on either side of Lucidity/OoC, then Innervate above character)
  • Tracking 2pc procs (goes above available CDs)

Unless I want something specific to a particular fight on heroic, that's all I use on my rdruid.

Fact:  Mr. Robot is always right. 

yes, it is right most of the time. Think about this,It a computer program and many times programers mess up. All the programer need to do is hit a wrong key 1 time and that messes up a program. How many times do you hear of computer programs messing up.Every day, all day long Use Mr. Robot, but recheck with a independent source.

Edited by TIme987

Well, its not that its wrong.  Its correct with the parameters that it adheres to. Computers always do what they are told.  Which is why we always re-check becasue its the humans that re imperfect and not the program.  The program is just doing what it was told to do.

But you're right.  Always recheck but that comes with knowledge of what you actually want or need which is what I tried to convey in the guide.

Well, its not that its wrong.  Its correct with the parameters that it adheres to. Computers always do what they are told.  Which is why we always re-check becasue its the humans that re imperfect and not the program.  The program is just doing what it was told to do.

But you're right.  Always recheck but that comes with knowledge of what you actually want or need which is what I tried to convey in the guide.

sorry to disagree with you again. But if "Computers always do what they are told", then there would be no need for tect support. how many times do you hear of people needing to restart world of Warcraft. So many times people have lost count.

lol smile.png just messing with you

Edited by TIme987

Lol.  I guess since I'm a programmer myself, I understand its usually never the programs fault.  Its whoever programmed it, i.e. the human.  Wow is an immense program.  Having that many working parts made by multiple different people is bound to have problems.

I'm not saying that bugs don't exist.  I'm saying that bugs are there because of programming error, not because the computer made a mistake.  Then when you have other users on your program, they do all kinds of things that you never intended which again needs to be programmed to account for which again will create more bugs.  The program just does the set of instructions that was written for it.  Never failing to do its job.

Lol.  I guess since I'm a programmer myself, I understand its usually never the programs fault.  Its whoever programmed it, i.e. the human.  Wow is an immense program.  Having that many working parts made by multiple different people is bound to have problems.

I'm not saying that bugs don't exist.  I'm saying that bugs are there because of programming error, not because the computer made a mistake.  Then when you have other users on your program, they do all kinds of things that you never intended which again needs to be programmed to account for which again will create more bugs.  The program just does the set of instructions that was written for it.  Never failing to do its job.

QFT

If you're interested I healed a really bad group on Thok today in flex...bad experience. Hard to keep up with the folks when they are in all corners of the room and I did not do well but I was still top healer if that tells you anything lol!

I'm tellin ya, I can't keep lifebloom up on the tank, not on that fight...chaos man. Swiftmend to me is tricky as hell. It's only usable when there is a hot, if I am not supposed to spam srejuv, how do I use switmend? Also there was another druid so I think our heals crossed, alot

anyways

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/c9n3dGDfTX6AvYP2

I took at a look at it. Rejuv and Effo seem fine.  You may want to be casting rejuv a slight bit more depending on your mana and raid healing needed.  Your rejuv uptime is 76%.  You want to aim more for 90-95% uptime.  Just keep rejuv rolling on both times or the tank that is currently tanking.  Doing this will give you slightly more healing and make you aware about your rejuv uptimes.

You need to cast Wild Growth and Swiftmend a lot more.  Wild growth has a 10s CD, you casted it 18 times our of a possible 41 based on the time of the fight.  The variance can be about 5-8 casts but you should be trying to hit it as often as possible when theres people taking damage.

With swiftmend, you should be doing the same thing.  Use it on CD, and with Wild Growth.  You can hold Wild Growth for Swiftmend sometimes for the SotF boost.  But swiftmend you definitely need to cast it on CD.  You casted Swiftmend 10 out of a possible 27 times.   The variance with this I would say should be no more than 5~ anytime you're not hitting swiftmend on CD you're losing out on extra haste healing on your hots.

Your lifebloom uptime is horrendous.  You need to get that in the upper 95% as much as possible.  Even if its on yourself.  If you can't reach the tanks, just put a 1 stack on yourself the ticks always have a chance to generate an OoC proc for a free healing touch or regrowth.  It also gives you a harmony refresh target.

Tranq you should try to cast twice per fight.  Ask your raid leader if he wants it somewhere specific.  Remind him before pulls or during that you have tranq.  If he doesn't care, just find a slightly nasty spot where the other healers aren't coverings to help out.

You had a 68% uptime on harmony.  You NEED to get that up to 100%.  not having that buff up means all your periodic healing just does a % less based on your mastery.  That's huge.

With your sage mender procs you may want to use them more often.  Looks like you have long strings of it being up.

I noticed that you used a jade serpent pot at the start of the fight.  that's good for thok.  It probably really helps.

You used barkskin 2 times.  I personally overuse it.  Its like my automatic reaction to tap barkskin with i take any type of damage or think I'm going to.   It's such a short CD.  Just tap it.

-----

Now thats what you did wrong.  How to fix it is a different story.  Basically, everything that you have an uptime and a CD for you should be tracking on your screen.  Weak Auras is great for this and you can make some creative things to remind you, but any other addon that does something similar should work.  Weak auras just feels the most customization to me and gives me more options.

Example: Here are my raid frames.

Zn6L3uA.png

On the right side are temporary buffs.  Trinket procs, sage mender procs, lifebloom, harmony.  Sometimes I have other really short cooldowns there (like on my monk I have Tiger's Lust CD).  This basically helps me see on the side of my frames what I need to keep up.  Laslty I include defensive outside cooldowns in this bar such as Devo Aura, BoP, and anything else.   This reminds me that I'm protected and for how long

The big red circle on my frames is a feature on Vuhdo that means "Swiftmendable".  It means that swiftmend is off CD and this person has a HoT on them to allow swiftmend to work.  This is useful because you can swiftmend off of other druid HoTs, even if they are not resto.  The red circle goes away when swiftmend is on CD.

Around all 4 corners of the individual frame you will see that I have HoT icons.  Left side is Rejuv and Lifebloom, right side is Wild Growth and Regrowth.

Across the bottom of my screen I have a "CD bar"  Which is just a dynamic group of auras that show the CD of different Cooldowns.  I have Harmony on there again to remind me again..  But basically these move around based on what is on CD and what is not.  What ever has the shortest duration is moved all the way to the right side so I know what about to come off.  It even includes Soul of the Forest buff when its up.

I even have a 3rd aura for Harmony just becasue I'm extra bad and had trouble when I switched back to druid.  This is a really big aura on the bottom of my screen. xD

WSBYW3o.png

Basically, you need something on your UI to remind you. "HEY, USE SWIFTMEND AND WILDGROWTH, KEEP UP HARMONY AND LIFEBLOOM"

Lastly, on raid frames I show defensive CDs on other players.

gUNDJTH.png4uICOKz.png\

Those are my personal stuff, such as barkskin and Ironbark, but I also have many other CDs in that list such as Hand of Sacrifice, BoP, Devo Aura, Pain supp.. etc. I can see this on any raid member too which allows me to see if someone or someone else put a defensive CD on that person.  If I see a pain suppression I don't want to use my Iron bark on that person until it falls off.

My UI is based around Affiniti UI: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18667-AffinityUI.html

Those 4 things will help you out tremendously.  Please let me know if you have any more questions.

I took at a look at it. Rejuv and Effo seem fine.  You may want to be casting rejuv a slight bit more depending on your mana and raid healing needed.  Your rejuv uptime is 76%.  You want to aim more for 90-95% uptime.  Just keep rejuv rolling on both times or the tank that is currently tanking.  Doing this will give you slightly more healing and make you aware about your rejuv uptimes.

You need to cast Wild Growth and Swiftmend a lot more.  Wild growth has a 10s CD, you casted it 18 times our of a possible 41 based on the time of the fight.  The variance can be about 5-8 casts but you should be trying to hit it as often as possible when theres people taking damage.

With swiftmend, you should be doing the same thing.  Use it on CD, and with Wild Growth.  You can hold Wild Growth for Swiftmend sometimes for the SotF boost.  But swiftmend you definitely need to cast it on CD.  You casted Swiftmend 10 out of a possible 27 times.   The variance with this I would say should be no more than 5~ anytime you're not hitting swiftmend on CD you're losing out on extra haste healing on your hots.

Your lifebloom uptime is horrendous.  You need to get that in the upper 95% as much as possible.  Even if its on yourself.  If you can't reach the tanks, just put a 1 stack on yourself the ticks always have a chance to generate an OoC proc for a free healing touch or regrowth.  It also gives you a harmony refresh target.

Tranq you should try to cast twice per fight.  Ask your raid leader if he wants it somewhere specific.  Remind him before pulls or during that you have tranq.  If he doesn't care, just find a slightly nasty spot where the other healers aren't coverings to help out.

You had a 68% uptime on harmony.  You NEED to get that up to 100%.  not having that buff up means all your periodic healing just does a % less based on your mastery.  That's huge.

With your sage mender procs you may want to use them more often.  Looks like you have long strings of it being up.

I noticed that you used a jade serpent pot at the start of the fight.  that's good for thok.  It probably really helps.

You used barkskin 2 times.  I personally overuse it.  Its like my automatic reaction to tap barkskin with i take any type of damage or think I'm going to.   It's such a short CD.  Just tap it.

-----

Now thats what you did wrong.  How to fix it is a different story.  Basically, everything that you have an uptime and a CD for you should be tracking on your screen.  Weak Auras is great for this and you can make some creative things to remind you, but any other addon that does something similar should work.  Weak auras just feels the most customization to me and gives me more options.

Example: Here are my raid frames.

Zn6L3uA.png

On the right side are temporary buffs.  Trinket procs, sage mender procs, lifebloom, harmony.  Sometimes I have other really short cooldowns there (like on my monk I have Tiger's Lust CD).  This basically helps me see on the side of my frames what I need to keep up.  Laslty I include defensive outside cooldowns in this bar such as Devo Aura, BoP, and anything else.   This reminds me that I'm protected and for how long

The big red circle on my frames is a feature on Vuhdo that means "Swiftmendable".  It means that swiftmend is off CD and this person has a HoT on them to allow swiftmend to work.  This is useful because you can swiftmend off of other druid HoTs, even if they are not resto.  The red circle goes away when swiftmend is on CD.

Around all 4 corners of the individual frame you will see that I have HoT icons.  Left side is Rejuv and Lifebloom, right side is Wild Growth and Regrowth.

Across the bottom of my screen I have a "CD bar"  Which is just a dynamic group of auras that show the CD of different Cooldowns.  I have Harmony on there again to remind me again..  But basically these move around based on what is on CD and what is not.  What ever has the shortest duration is moved all the way to the right side so I know what about to come off.  It even includes Soul of the Forest buff when its up.

I even have a 3rd aura for Harmony just becasue I'm extra bad and had trouble when I switched back to druid.  This is a really big aura on the bottom of my screen. xD

WSBYW3o.png

Basically, you need something on your UI to remind you. "HEY, USE SWIFTMEND AND WILDGROWTH, KEEP UP HARMONY AND LIFEBLOOM"

Lastly, on raid frames I show defensive CDs on other players.

gUNDJTH.png4uICOKz.png\

Those are my personal stuff, such as barkskin and Ironbark, but I also have many other CDs in that list such as Hand of Sacrifice, BoP, Devo Aura, Pain supp.. etc. I can see this on any raid member too which allows me to see if someone or someone else put a defensive CD on that person.  If I see a pain suppression I don't want to use my Iron bark on that person until it falls off.

My UI is based around Affiniti UI: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18667-AffinityUI.html

Those 4 things will help you out tremendously.  Please let me know if you have any more questions.

A very informative post, thanks I appreciate it!

A little about my set up, I use vuhdo and my icon for swiftmend is like yours, the little red circle. About lifebloom, I feel like the aura I copied from somewhere doesn't help me, it doesn't show stacks and I have to keep up the tank's player bar up at all times to see the stacks, this bothers me, and that's why I don't like auras.

I keep the standard raid frames up in a corner because, and I am being quite honest here and I know it makes me seem daft, I am out of mouse buttons now to set focus.

Looking in two places does not help me, it only makes my confusion grow, because I am not the most confident healer and that may be my biggest issue other than gaining the better understanding of being a druid healer.

The one thing I do not like about Vuhdo is that I don't have enough buttons to configure all the stuff I am expected to do. I have a slight physical hindrance with my left hand and so I do not use the keyboard to do anything, I use the keypad on the right and my 5 button mouse. DPSing is fine, my rogue is quite good but that's why I dps, the lack of feeling in my left hand (about 25%) does not allow me to trust what I am hitting, the keypad is much easier for it and I do the rest on the mouse (thinking of switching ti a naga or similar)

Mouseover Macros - How do I use these with Vuhdo? Since I use Vuhdo I can't keep raid frames in front also, I use vuhdo to replace those and each spell is bound to a mouse button or modifier/mouse button. On this I would need specific instructions, I don't like asking for that but since you've been so kind so far...?

If I could possibly have it my way without the squigglies on the screens (that make absolutely no sense to me, I cannot associate an action with a lightning bolt or outline of an orb) and loud, annoying beeps and buzzes in my ears (yesterday on spoils there was one for SoTF and it was a loud constant buzz until faded. who the hell can play like that? lol!) I would have a countdown icon for the things you are pointing out to me that shows stacks and countdown and that's it. As long as I can plainly see them ticking down and how many stacks I may be able to do much better...in my mind that's how I see it working for me.

Lemme try and show a shot of my ui as it is today:

Just joined an lfr for grins (another horrendous group of players so I did not stay) and took a few screens, here:

r2nl93.jpg

2py5blv.jpg

t9ba0i.jpg

Oh I checked out that ui...way too busy for me, those frames in the middle of the screen at that size with all those debuffs, etc on them...not sure how you see anything going on. It's just too much for me.

I think this may be best left to a one-on-one skype conversation.  It maybe be difficult trying to understand what you want out of it and what we say you need through forum posts.

My Skype information is in my profile, just click my name here and it will bring it to you.